Adidas Thread [10] - all info, pics, questions here

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rapture23

rapture23 Member

Mar 11, 2008
    those silver/green sl are awesome. love silver boots

2. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have an idea what the Becks LZ colorway would be? I can't imagine him wearing anything that I've seen so far (besides the white ones).

3. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    I dont think Becks will have his own colorway. He hasnt wore them as yet....not in his last game anyway.
    Was never spotted in blackout prototypes testing them either.

If anything, he'll have a red/white/blue adipower colorway if he's involved in the GB Olympic's team

4. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preposterous. He's one of top 5 Predator wearers of all time - of course he'll have his own colorway.

And pretty sure as soon as LZ's come out, adiPowers will no longer be releasing colorways. Makes no sense. LZ's come out in May, Olympics start in July. Think they'll be releasing new adiPowers colorways well into the LZ release? :rolleyes:

5. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    keytoarson's right, no more adiPower colourways, even for Becks!

He'll make the switch to the LZ (though he might be a little slower to convert than the rest, as he took a while to switch to the Pred_X).

We can only guess that he hasn't been involved in player/black-out testing because they're moving to more 'control' focused design - which is why Kaka, Ballack, Ramsey, and Xavi have all been in them for months now.

As for a signature LZ colourway, 6 months ago I'd have said no - but for his last adiPower (ink blue / electricity) they had a new logo for him and everything, seems unlikely they'd ditch that after one pair of boots. I think a lot of it will depend on his involvement with Team GB.

Speaking of the Pred LZ's - I know I'll be sick to the back teeth of them by May - but for now I'm loving the teaser campaign for each Lethal Zone.

[​IMG]

Whereas everyone else puts out black/white-outs before release and doesn't acknowledge them, adidas are really harnessing that 'boot-spotting' power of the community to bring attention to their new boots - really innovative.

6. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Sorry for having an opinion :(

7. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

8. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to jump down your throat :)

Just an interesting topic, I clearly had too much to type and didn't put enough time into making sure it sounded personable!

9. ADIPRED2011

ADIPRED2011 Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ive got a spankering thatBecks will have a all-gold or some kind of gold boot if he plays at the olympics like zidane at the world cup.

Mind you - he may have an all white pair and have his kids names on the leathlal zones (plus victoria)

10. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yikes. someone forgot to take their pills today.

11. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    No I took all 7. I just found that very funny.

12. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How so? I don't even have to mention to you how much money the Predator line has made and been popularized because of him. All you have to look at is the fact no other Predator athlete (or soccer adidas for that matter, besides Messi (sort of)) has their own personalized Predators besides him. Not sure what's so funny about that.

Perhaps you needed that 8th pill?

13. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Oh I believed you said he was top 5 play wise.

14. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I don't know about anyone else but my window is stretched because of noob-bobs comment so i have to scroll side-ways to read comments. I really don't appreciate that, maybe you should have put more thought into the comment or at the very least used some spaces.

15. frannie11

frannie11 Member

Oct 9, 2009
    uk
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    yeh mines the same....very annoying please edit it or can mod edit it!

16. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess his name is a noob for a reason.

17. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beckham is a world-class player...

18. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Sorry Jon I am out of laugh.

19. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I just didn't wanna get involved in a 3 page argument about it with a noob. To me (MY OPINION), he's at least top 5 winger in the world - and even today. There's only one player that I enjoy watching more than Beckham, and that's Messi. The passes Becks makes are ridiculous.

I digress, however.

20. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    Now I am even hungry for laugh.

21. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    *sigh* you've forced me into it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GESlaVNdE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GESlaVNdE[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDQkPg4lnmg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDQkPg4lnmg[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzIeL0Zfws"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMzIeL0Zfws[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-SEW4T9Fis"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-SEW4T9Fis[/ame]

Please.

22. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    They say laugh is good for you but I don't think I will ever be able to laugh again.

23. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Name 5 better wingers, and explain it.

24. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    The first 5 wingers I see. Because they aren't 50.

25. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ^is this a joke.....?