Adidas kits for SJ in '05

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Jay Hipps, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guy, what a shocking revelation! I thought they were going to design completely new and totally unique uniforms just for us!!

Some of adiddas' standard kits are pretty decent looking. I'd like to see some differences beyond color and logo, but what the heck. As long as they look good and we can find them in stores, you know?

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

2. i_heart_landon

i_heart_landon New Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Columbus-for now
    I've been kind of hoping it will be something like Newcastle's home kits:
    [​IMG]
    Except in Quakes blue of course.

3. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    You mean something like what they wear at Deportivo La Coruna?

[​IMG]

4. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    God, if you're listening...please, no vertical stripes.

Huh. Been wearing adidas since the 70s, and the first time I heard "all day I dream about sex" was in the Korn song a.d.i.d.a.s. from '96 or so. Was there an earlier song making the reference?

5. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was high comedy in my 3rd grade class in the early 80's.

6. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vertical stripes with white as one of the colors is especially dorky. But I've always liked the Barca shirts. The USMNT could do a lot worse that stealing that look...

7. Shrunkenhead

Shrunkenhead New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Fremont, California
    When can you spill the beans anyway??? When will it be officially made public??? I'm itching to buy one right now.

8. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    No? You prefer horizontal stripes a la Glasgow Celtic?

;)

I'd like to see Orange away jerseys. Really.

[I like the way that many European teams change their away jersey year-in and year-out and wear colors that have nothing to do with their official colors.]

9. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Especially compared to the ultra-dorky current USMNT kits where the numbers look like pool balls and the name panel on the back looks like a hockey jersey. For the Quakes, blue and black vert stripes (like Inter has worn) would be better than blue and white. But I prefer none. Even though I hate typing the "C word," I'd like to see the new tops look something like Chelski's.

10. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    vertical stripes....colors? blue & black--see Rapids....

the Clash had horizontal stripes...

the Chelski kit is simple and elegant. too bad only poofs wear them...:D

11. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been looking at current adiddas jerseys. I rather like the Beyern Munich away jerseys. Just plain blue with the stripes on the shoulders. Nice and simple.

Too many MLS teams wear blue. We've got to change that! Some team should go to orange, or even purple. Something other than red and blue.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark

12. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Forgot. Scratch that. Although blue/black vert stripes still look miles better than blue/white.

Using that logic, the Gals should switch to blue.

Good choice.

I figure there's probably a picture of the generic design at Eurosport.com. Wish the Quakes would get their asses in gear and roll these new unis out.

[​IMG]
    Photo by: Linda Cuttone/Sports Vue Images

(Actually, I liked those.)

13. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Even Guy looked good in those...with or without hard hat.

14. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was high comedy in my 3rd grade class in the 70's. Just one of those urban legends that kids talked about.
    I've got no idea. The one who showed the drawings didn't give a date. I forgot to ask.
    It's literally one of adidas' blank standard kits (which is currently available) with Quakes colors and logo.

15. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still proudly wearing my number 6 with Chastain on the back...

(if only people would stop asking to see my sportsbra)

16. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    fixed...:D

17. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    I'm with Meanie. No stripes on the body, please, vertical or horizontal.

I remember when the white with w' black stripes adidas sneakers thing hit (also grade school for me in the 70's). I thought they were the coolest thing in the world. But my parents couldn't rationalize spending that much money (whatever it was) for sneakers, so they instead bought some cheap knock-off with the incorrect number of stripes, etc. at what is now Target. I've never recovered.

18. tedwar

tedwar Member

Jun 24, 1999
    Richmond, CA-EastBay
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I like is that training camp opens next week and, I don't know, you might think adidas and MLS would want to highlight their new relationship by having training gear available to the fans? Or will the Quakes who are in camp next week be wearing last year's Nike training jerseys?

Tony

19. i_heart_landon

Nov 18, 2004
    Columbus-for now
    Like this?
    [​IMG]

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Change the Wizards blue to Earthquakes blue and the white to black, add in the Earthquakes logo, championship stars, wordmark and the sponsor patches, and it could work. :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

21. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 60s, I got my faux adidas, 4-stripe leather hightops with the web thing over the toe at... JC Penny. But that was before I knew what adidas was...

22. i_heart_landon

Nov 18, 2004
    Columbus-for now
    How boring.

But I'll still be queueing up to buy one very soon after they are posted on the web.

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it'd be simple yet classy, ala the 2003-2004 Earthquakes jerseys.

As a matter of fact, I'm hoping that they stay with black shorts and Earthquakes blue socks with the home uniforms as well.

-G

24. i_heart_landon

Nov 18, 2004
    Columbus-for now
    I guess I just like originality, instead of just a different shade of blue. I also was keen on the black shorts and blue socks. I hope they keep those no matter what the tops look like.

In all actuality, I suppose I don't really care what they look like. The fact that they exist for this season and the future is enough for me. I can't wait until I can support the team with more than just a jersey buy.

25. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course the new Quakes jersey doesn't have to have the exact same design as the Wizards jersey you posted, but I'm hoping that it's close enough to the 2003-2004 Earthquakes jerseys as possible (or to the 2000-2002 Earthquakes jerseys if that's what they choose to do). :D

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again: the Earthquakes' shade of blue (which they started using in 2000) is the best shade of blue of any of MLS' blue-clad teams. Any change in that shade of blue would only be a step down.

What I don't want them to do is to start experimenting with striping them up and/or jazzing them out, trying to make them look "cool" when all it'll do is make them look ridiculous ala the 1996 jerseys. :eek:

Of course they'll exist for this season and into the future. What made you think that they wouldn't? :confused:

-G