Adidas custom-made spikes

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by loden, Jun 30, 2005.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I've been looking for a good soft ground/mud shoe and apparently the only place you can get them from is direct from adidas. Adidas have a store in my city where apparently they measure your foot, you customize the design, and then they send you the shoe directly from Germany. The price is REALLY steep, $270 a pair. Has anyone ordered custom-made shoes from adidas? Was it worth the price? How long did the shoe last?

2. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    That service is called mi-adidas. There's been a lot of threads about it, and yea, it's about $75 more than regular shoes. BTW, that concept store is amazing I just go there sometimes just to look around not buying anything.

I've heard lots of good things about mi-adidas. I was thinking about buying a pair myself, but I heard they don't really match your foot width for soccer boots, and that's what I really need as I have wide feet. (they do it for running shoes though... damn runners they always get everything) I've seen the sample shoes they had and they looked like they were made with higher standards than my regular adidas pulses.

BTW, you can get quality soft-ground shoes for a lot less money from a store on 1st avenue between 90th and 91st street, called "Soccer Supply, Co." If you want more selection and know exactly what size you need, try Eurosport. (www.soccer.com)

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    thanks for the tip man! I'll check out that store.