Adidas 7406 a quick review/preview

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Dr. Boots, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We just got them in at my store and they are freaking fantastic. For anyone worried about them being calf leather as oppose to k, you can not even tell the difference. It really shouldnt matter anyway given the popularity of the f-50 which is calf and not nearly as soft and other synthetic models out there that are used by so many people.

This shoe runs a little large as do most adidas outside the pred range. They are a little wider than the preds and f-50 series and more rounded off to work with more foot types. The fit is similar to the Copa but a little more snug and wrapped around the foot if that makes any sense. I think its down the to upper being almost seemless.

The heel counter is rounded and like cast iron, very similar to the older models of diadora brasils(a featured which endeared that shoe to me). The outsole is standard traxion fare, with long blades and a split outsole, the area between the split seems to be leather so there will be no plastic to come apart from the upper like many pulses did over the past two years.

The tounge can be worn many ways and has a velcro feature to hold it in place like the legend but the strip is long and thin so people can wearr teh tounge furthere down the boot. You could also tuck the tounge in or fold it under very easily. I am going to remove the velco and fold it down two lace notches because I prefer a big floppy free moving tounge on my boots.

Over all I rate this a the boot that has impressed me the most over the past 9 months. It kills the absolute in terms of quality and shoes in its range like the legend and the exec really have no room to match the quality of this boot.

It also come with a free tin of leather balsam for up keep of the shoe. If you are looking for a no frills top quality shoe that beats the copa but is cheaper than preds or the up coming tunit line this should be your pick.

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Awesome post! These posts just go to show why you deserve your position as a mod! :)

I think it is particularly good that it comes with a free tin of balsalm. If people buy it ,they will realise that the boot obviously needs to be treated.

I know idiots at my club that kickstart their motorbikes with their pulses on, and people that never clean their leather boots, nevermind treat their boots! :mad:

3. Jacko11

Jacko11 Member

Aug 29, 2004
    I thought F50's were blown k-leather.

4. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A few of the original Punjabs were made of K-Leather, then they began making them out of Ultra K (Calfskin leather)

5. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    Cool review JC. These better than the Execs? Man I thought the Execs were tops for a K leather boot! Altho it did split too easily... Not planning to get a pair of the 7406 but will keep an eye on them~ =)

6. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    Thanks for the awesome review!! I was considering getting them when I first saw that promo picture that was going around. And It looks like I might have to break down and pick a pair up...why oh why??? :eek:

7. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ah screw you guys, I can't stop buying frickin boots now!

I can't even wear all the ones I ave now, and I've got my uncle bringing me Vapours in January from England!

But they were cheap, and ..... mwahahahaha....I want more :eek: HELP ME :p

8. DaRonaldinhoFan15

DaRonaldinhoFan15 New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Lisle, Il
    if calf leather is as soft as k-leather, is gonna strtetch as much, too?

9. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Its treated to be as soft as k-letather but I can't say for sure if it will expand as much as the Copa, that could be a good thing though because the Copa looses its shape way to fast(the only downfall of that boot). I wore them around the shop for about 20 mins in a super snug 9.5 US and they seemed to shape to my foots width very fast and the toe box strached a bit as well but not as fast as the width(this is normal though when streching a boot)

I think they will strech froma snug fit fast enough to avoid anything like brusied toenails unless you buy them 2 sizes too small.

10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

THANK YOU i have been waiting for a review and wanted to know if they were as good better or worse then the Copas thanks for responding

11. palwudi

palwudi New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Singapore
    I totally agree.

I have been waiting for them to be out so its great that you have received it over there. I am wondering if it has arrived over here in Asia.

Can i also ask you whether you have the white version as well?

It looks great.

12. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    theres already an indoor version in singapore

13. palwudi

palwudi New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Zhiyi,

Have u seen them in the shops already?

14. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Yeah at the Adidas Concept stores, the black ones as well as the white ones

15. palwudi

palwudi New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Singapore
    What about the outdoor version.

I did see a couple 7406 looking ones the other day but i realised on closer inspection that they were telstars....

16. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I bought the black version, I can't really see myself wearing too many white boots that have been put on the market over the past few years. I think the white on the 7406 is a bit severe to be honest. Its a really stark white and the black is really deep so the contrast is very heavy.

Also the upper has very little threading and is almost totally one peice of leather so there is no breaking in the white. The smoothness coupled with the white not having a shine like a synthetic makes the shoe almost look like a cross between a bowling shoe and a all white nurses/orthopedic functional shoe.

The quality of the shoe is the same as the black but I am not a fan of the colorway at all.

17. the assasin henry

the assasin henry New Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Anyway you could post some pics??

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    Mine are on the way!! Got an e-mail today that they shipped!!
    Wooohooooo!!

Oh, & I bought a Nike Hi-Vis Aerow ball too! :)

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what color did you get

I am really thinking about getting white but dont want to get play soccer and then they look like crap

21. CentraLSocceR411

CentraLSocceR411 New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Burlington, IL

Thats what I thought to. But I'm prolly wrong!

-jono-

22. hectic

hectic New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    The Ghetto
    great review mate.

im stinging to get a pair, Im a big lover and user of the copas.

cant wait for these puppies :)

23. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

me too

24. palwudi

palwudi New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My white 7406s!

I just got these just today...it comes with a neutral leather treatment can.

25. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    Mine showed up yesterday, but I have to wait till Christmas Morning! :confused: