Add an MLS Attendance Subforum

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by yellowbismark, May 8, 2010.

1. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would be great if all threads that pop up after a broadcast shows an MLS game with less than stellar attedance could be quarantined in their own subforum so actual soccer topics don't have to compete with them.

Attendance threads are a tired subject... I highly doubt BigBaseball.com gets their collective panties in a bunch when Comerica Park and Minute Maid Park are 2/3s empty for an MLB game...

...may the threads and posters who are fixated on this subject be cast away to an isolated subforum to die away from actual soccer discussion!

Who's with me??!

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Run this by the mods of the forum - but this is basically one or two threads only isn't it?

3. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there's two regular legitimate threads, the attendance report and attendance prediction threads, which I don't mind at all... but then there are the dozens of "OMG, it looks like 2,000 in Dallas" threads, and the..."Is the honeymoon over for TFC, I saw some empty seats" and "another pathetic Thursday night crowd" and "San Jose attendance and capacity" threads

and the list goes on...

I know I can just ignore, but I just find it bothersome and would rather see those kinds of discussions taken somewhere else (where I don't have to come into contact with them) and so that soccer is the main thing discussed in MLS General.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think MLS general isn't moderated as closely - but we could petition the mods to merge all the random attendance threads.

5. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scrolling back 5 pages (with the most recent post approximately 2 weeks ago or sooner) on MLS General, I've found these threads:

• San Jose attendance and its stadium capacity
    • 2010 MLS Attendance Prediction Contest Week 8
    • Honeymoon over for TFC?
    • Beckham generated an incremental $13 million in revenue as a "road draw" in 2007 and 2008
    • 2010 MLS Attendance Prediction Contest Week 7
    • Which MLS teams are being subsidized? Which MLS teams are providing the subsidy?
    • Constructive ideas to improve Dallas attendance
    • 2010 MLS Attendance Prediction Contest Week 6
    • FC Dallas Should Try An "Everyone Gets In Free" Night
    • All-Encompassing Dallas Attendance thread
    • 2010 MLS Attendance Prediction Contest Week 5
    • Weekly Attendance and Atmosphere, report from your stadium
    • Dallas.

If one were to count threads about season ticket holders, you can add a couple more to the list:

• Vancouver targets 16,500 season tickets (with about 10,500 deposits so far)
    • Philly has almost sold out its 12,000 (cap) season tickets

On MLS News and Analysis, much more contained--not really an issue:

• 2010 MLS Attendance Analysis: Week 7
    • 2010 MLS Attendance Analysis: Week 5
    • 2010 MLS Attendance Analysis: Week 6
    • 2010 MLS Attendance Analysis: Week 4

The occasional season ticket report, the regular analysis and guessing contests are fine, the problem here are threads that pop up in response to every little thing that happens. Just makes me think if that thread-starting behavior pattern is going to continue like that, then a forum in much the same vein as the MLS Commissioner forum (where single table and pro/rel threads go to die) should be set up for attendance issues.

6. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to see this subforum.