Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arsenal kind of have this attitude "we're good enough so we're going to just do our best and hope this works". Then time moves on and you find yourself looking at all the times you came short.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't watch. Just follow the scoreline just like I do with Bundesliga, Serie A. You cry about folks here celebrating Barca, Atlético getting knocked out of CL, mocking City winning PL every year. Being robotic is no fun as a football fan. :D

WhiteRM, PigBenis, ImadEdd and 1 other person repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh trust me, it's so obvious a lot of people do that with most teams they discuss.

4. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    On par with the French league.

Anyway, Hala Madrid y Nada Mas. Kick off time.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    City fans on Twitter has been miserable and salty about RM since 2021-22. I don't blame them. They'd have three-peat treble if not for RM. :D

WhiteRM repped this.
  6. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Curious if City will make it 5 in a row. Assuming nothing happens with their 115 charges and Arsenal seemingly their only real rival at this point…

PigBenis, Anon. and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most of the football fans on twitter are children and absolute morons. Just looking at the comment section of popular accounts makes me believe voting shouldn't be a right, but a privilege.

I include ours in this by the way. Just makes me feel terrible about the world we live in.

petros93, hector_br, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I watch every RM game and some big CL games. Football other than that doesn't interst me in recent years. Watched Leverkusen season highlights as that was an interesting story.

Ahmadi8 and RoadMan repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I watch games when I’m home and they are on

I don’t plan around the games as it’s impossible with 3 teenagers

RoadMan, PigBenis, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Always nice to see Atletico get dicked at home

1-4 Osasuna.

Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Cadiz on the verge of going down.

They need a late Almeria goal or they need to win to go to the last match day.

12. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Cadiz down with Granada and Almeria.

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ivan Alejo relegated with Cadiz. The clown who Tweeted monkey emoji against Vini when Brazil went out of the World Cup.

S1na, Digital, PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  14. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Digital, PigBenis, Anon. and 4 others repped this.
  15. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    I'm pretty sure Klopp is ranked below Paisley and Shankly. 1 league in 9 is not as simple as you paint it.

When he came the squad was in shambles. It had Joe Allen, an aged Kolo Toure and Lucas, Danny Ings etc. He had to rebuild and unlike pep he had to sell to buy. Coutinho got him VVD, Allison etc.

He challenged and won eventually, but Pep is something else in the EPL league. To give you context, injuries don't dent his team's form with Aguero, KdB, Haaland and Ederson being injured at critical moments. It's pretty much like Madrid this season.

As 4x4 mentioned what if Pep's City was in La Liga, would Madrid or Barca get a sniff? Also a point of Chelsea also being the only other team to win the EPL besides Pep since he joined the league. As an Arsenal fan, the EPL with Pep has become like La Liga in the early mid 2010s where the winner of El Classico wins the league. You have to probably beat Pep x2 to win the league IMO.

Klopp definitely is their best modern coach, better than Rafa even and has brought livelihood back to Anfield. Took City to the death twice and lost by a point making the EPL very competitive.

16. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yet you talk about Endrick as if you watch all Palmeiras games.

Just kidding :)

17. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Kylian again not called up the squad; I wonder if he will play in the Coupe de France?

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I watched 5-6 games during their title run at the end of last season when Endrick played a key role. Saw 2-3 early part of last season which were very stale games. This season I don't watch Palmeiras games and mostly post Twitter vids in Endrick thread. I am well aware that his current form isn't close to the level he finished last season and mentioned in the thread that's to be expected from 16-17 year olds.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Someone tweeted something to the effect of, “Congratulations to Man City for winning a 4th consecutive championship and congratulations to Lance Armstrong for winning 7 straight Tour de France”

temesgen, PigBenis, hector_br and 2 others repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't understand why this is such a shock to people. Schalke are 10th in the second division and still did better than Leipzig both on TV and at the gate. Not even going to speak about Hoffenheim who are even worse off.

The second division this year outperformed the Bundesliga on TV and with Köln going down it's almost certain they will do so again next season.

Surprise, traditional clubs have more fans than clubs that became huge overnight.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Football ffp saved

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whats the best team Sorloth and Dovbyk can start for?

23. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm willing to bet Dovbyk goes to a Sevilla or Valencia but end up being underwhelming.

24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What? well of course they would, where is the proof to show otherwise, trying to compare teams from different leagues just doesn't make sense so i'll go with that, unless you choose to buy into the Pep is unbeatable myth, which we have already proven is not true, the lengths people are going to to prove Klopp is a legendary manager is pretty funny, and it's not like Liverpool haven't spent money,

IMO maybe the biggest clue that he isn't legendary is that he had not one not two but 9 years to try and get past City and could only manage it once and the thought is that it's all down to money?, nah not buying into that sorry, the sole fact that Klopp "took City to the death twice" and still couldn't manage to beat them tells me this isn't just about resources.

temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Saeta Rubia, temesgen and madridismo repped this.