Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I don’t think it’s fair to put all of the blame on mom here. He’s an adult. He can simply say I want to go to RM, just get the best deal possible, but he’s not going to.

He wants to extract every last euro possible, which is his right but it jeopardizes his career legacy.

I find it hard to believe that he’s going to walk away from the money of PSG, as every indication he’s given over the last 8 years we’ve been pursuing him the money was the most important thing to him.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People have turned this lady into Tony Montana by now. She can only get what people are offering her.

.halamadrid2. repped this.
  3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Conversely, every Cule and Colchonero under the sun is having a meltdown saying UEFA RFEF and FIFA all favor us and we pay them for support and how we've supposedly bought all our CL titles. I never see you criticize those folks.

This is despite the fact that many of those institutions publicly threaten us as a result of the Super League project.

4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    That's because I expect more from Madrid fans and less from others.

I mean, it's completely possible to love our club and shout out "We are Madrid" after a nice "remontada" and also be able to say, "We are Madrid, this behemoth of an institution with a large influence on the sport and a President who can be as cold-blooded as needed when the time comes to smash our competitors."

Some fans are arrogant and cocky and, at the same time, claim we are victims of the system whenever we lose. It's like they can't grasp the fact that we will lose games and other teams fight as hard as we do. I know football fanatics are supposed to be irrational. That won't stop me from mocking them.

I would have quit watching football a long time ago if I was so sure the system was COMPLETELY rigged against us.

As I said many times, the Negreira case, for example, must be investigated as it stinks more and more of corruption. We were directly affected by it, but so were the other 18 La Liga teams. It was Barcelona playing dirty against all teams, not just us. Atletico were as big as challengers as we were during that time, anyway.

RoadMan repped this.
  5. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Related - I like to think I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to how things work in football as I read so much on the industry, contracts, sponsorship etc, but I only just learned recently its become a thing for clubs to earn a % from all future transfers of players that have been with you, rather than just the 1 club you sold to selling the player on again.

Peterborough (3rd tier club) chairman is an interesting guy to listen to. He regularly appears on the radio here and often talks about how football works in the background, reveals stories about what goes on and at times probably says too much.

He recently was asked about transfers and he said in the last 10 years or so it's become standard that the sell on clause has now become 'we will earn x percent from any of your future income related to the player'. As everyone in the chain does it, it means when a player is moves on even 7 or 8 transfers on from when he was with you, you earn something. Though obviously more diluted each time as more people are in the chain. As long as the player doesn't allow his contract to run out at any point then the original Club will be earning from any transfers throughout that players career

He used Ivan Toney as the example, as he sold him to Brentford. Said Northampton sold him as a teenager to Newcastle for around £350k but with a clause to earn from all future takings Newcastle make. Said if Toney is sold this summer, which is expected, Northampton will have taken over £1M in total add ons from his moves.

Starwalker repped this.
  6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can you blame people? Of course we don't know the real impact she has on the decisions, it might be zero, but her son still looks like a money monger whore every time he accepts a new deal from the oil sheik, so people are just looking for villains.

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's just REALLY good so it bothers us. Gnabry went through the whole process, asking Alaba about Madrid, dropping the likes on Real Madrid social media posts, the got the biggest payday of his life by Bayern and basically been not the same since.

If Mbappé were a Gnabry level player it wouldn't have bothered us, but he's Really really good so it bothers us alot

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rumors that Tuchel is done if they lose today. Ay.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I read he wants out ASAP and wants the Barca job.

Do Barca stick with Xavi until end of season or let him go now?

11. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Big chance for Mbappe, missed.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kubo needs to eat this Beraldo fella playing LB.

13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone that swears Mbappe is a LW and not a 9: In every important game this season Mbappe is playing the 9 and 185 million worth of 9's are on the bench in Kolo Muani and Goncalo Ramos.

PigBenis, Anon., Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  14. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    People who say Mbappe wants to play lw do not watch him play at PSG.

As soon as they say that I stop paying attention to their opinion.

15. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It almost seems he’s preparing for Madrid :D. Cuz that’s the position he’s going to play in (a 433).

Digital and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    A lot of these dudes don't even watch the matches. They just know names and how those names were originally introduced.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Pretty impressive how Sociedad from lesser league in Spain has dominated PSG in their own country

They need goals though... all of this won't count with one counter with Mbappe in front of goal.

madridismo and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Kubo will win it for Sociadad.

19. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    QSG is so average.

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed, rehearsing

Halycon repped this.
  21. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Merino hits the crossbar

22. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sociedad has good chance, PSG as always just average

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In just 45 minutes, you've got Ligue 1 reporters saying that Real Sociedad are the best team to visit the Parc de Princes this season demonstrable in their play in that first half.

24. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's funny when commentators on my local channel saying 'psg stars'. I'm looking.. stars? Ok, Mbappe, that's it.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    PSG got dominated. Won't matter if Kubo and Co upfront continue to make bad final passes and shoot at the crowd instead of the goal