Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mateu Lahoz says the Leipzig goal not counting is "terrible for football" and he gets slammed with multiple of his historic gaffes from domestic and international duty as an example, cards to the wrong player, penalty kicks given outside the area etc.

This is sort of the core foundation of this. To everybody involved "it's just a mistake, they happen" when we do it/happens to us or "this is horrible, this changes everything" when another official holds the whistle and I don't like the outcome.

If you want referees to be respected as much as you want, it also involves not dragging other officials through the dirt when you don't like their decisions.

2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did he mean the goal was terrible for football because he doesn't agree with the offside rule, or because he thinks the referees made a mistake? If he thinks the goal is not offside by the rules then it confirms what we all knew about the level of Spanish referees.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He and others (pretty much every German publication for example) feel like the player didn't interfere with the play or impede Lunin's vision so the goal should stand.

Kicker said to them there was no interference from the player with Lunin or the ball, but that the game still had a long way to go so it was up to Leipzig to keep the pressure up.

Apparently Kroos said that it was a regular goal, but I'll have to look for the interview.

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's silly, but he touches the keeper and is kinda in the way. Theres no way Lunin gets to the ball anyways, so thats poor from their player. Henry said in the post-game show that in cases like that you put you hands up and get out of the way.

Forcamadrid2 repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos on the post match interview with Amazon Prime :

"What am I supposed to say? He's giving offside because the Leipzig player distracts the goalkeeper. But Lunin would have never saved that shot regardless. It is a regular goal, Leipzig should be leading 1:0."

"i can't stand here and claim that it's not a goal, I can't find any logical arguments why it should not be a goal".

Cosmin10 repped this.
  6. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid typically does not want players that do not want to be part of Real Madrid, and in my experience looks after its (ex) players better than most large clubs. If Kubo is happy at La Real, which he really seems (as you said), then he'll be their player for a long time. Should La Real and/or Kubo decide to move on from eachother, then Real Madrid is fully within its right to trigger the clause, as the clause has a significant economic value. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #17482 4x4s, Feb 14, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    I'm not sure we're allowed to bring him back to sell him right away unless that's what he wants which would be odd.

If he has an agent that can count to 10 they won't allow it either. Plus I think he has to want to return to come back, that's a crucial part in this hard to justify it to him that he's supposed to sign with us just so we can make a profit.

8. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course, you need two to tango (though the starting point is that Kubo agreed to the clause..). We don't know the specifics of the clause of course, but I'm sure the club – that definitely has lawyers and advisers that can count to 10 – has protected itself.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Leverkusen matched Fran Garcia's buyout clause, and we were alerted that we either had to buy him back or let him go.

These players don't have an existing contract with us, and I doubt you can force a player into one.

So at the end of the day it's really up to what Kubo wants, buying him back with the intention to sell him only happens if he's willing to do that.

10. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who gives a fk, Benz was called offside to against Pool in the CL final. I did not hear the media talk about that.

zizou555 repped this.
  11. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we agree tbh. And again, I'm sure the club has protected itself from losing value. The mechanism could also be that the buying club (or La Real) compensates Real Madrid. It doesn't have to be that Real Madrid actively has to flip the player (i.e., buy back and sell). Anyway, like I said, we I think we're arguing the same from different perspectives.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Referee decisions are not being discussed with the same energy when the team at the wrong end of them wins.

hector_br repped this.
  13. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was an offside. No need for discussion about it. I agree with the thought of he probably wouldn't have been able to even bother the player, Benzema goal in cl final should have stood.

This is the point that I also heard from owen hargreives and presenter as well as Henry, and most of our players, coach and randomn analysts. He interfeered, doesn't matter if the gk had a chance. They have disallowed thousands of goals for partial obstruction of vision when the striker takes off the net and puts it top corner. The gk wouldn't have saved that one either but it got ruled off 90 percent of times. Might be a shit rule, same as the sleeve hand ball but that is the rule and how it's been applied almost all the time.

Carvajal escaped without a red. That was the ******** up. He sould have gotten at least a very orange yellow card if not sent off.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I mean Henry is saying his should raise his arms, that's a ridiculous statement, as if raising your arms removes you from the field.

We can pound our fist on the table and say clear offside, good choice ref, but if we score that and the ref calls it back and we lose we're giving him grief over it.

Justifiable doesn't mean you can't discuss it.

hector_br repped this.
  15. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well I would be bitching about our idiot player and bad luck rather than the call being out of this world.

Discuss all you want, I just see similar stuff called every week so as soon as I saw him behind lunin, I figured why they called it. Maybe in the spirit of the game it shouldn't but legally and based on usual decisions, it was.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OK then.

17. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    The call was soft and maybe the Leipzig player did not really change outcome, but to say he was passive is being blind or biased. Player was right behind Lunin and you can argue he impeded Lunin from moving. But on top of that, he was very stupid to give Lunin a push so if there was any doubt whether he was active or not, that push cleared it.

zizou555 repped this.
  18. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    This is the worst conspiracy against a team I have ever seen. It's clear that UEFA, RFEF, and FIFA are all AGAINST us. It's obvious. I read this on this board every week. Yet, decisions in our favor keep getting called.

The entities that want to bring us and Don Flo Corleone down must be furious because whatever they are doing to BRING US DOWN is clearly not working.

Girona and Medina Cantalejo are probably behind it all, they are OUT TA GET US.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    There is no conspiracy against us

we need to drop that silly talk. Every team has calls or scheduling that works against them in every sport. We only follow closely ours so that’s what we see and think it’s only us. Same for injuries.

it also wouldn’t make any sense. Madrid is the biggest and most influential team in football. A struggling league sabotaging its biggest star and money maker is silly. If anything, across all sports, the big franchises/teams are known to get the benefit from the refs.

We are the richest club with the greatest history and pedigree, known for having the best players in the world and also being led by the greatest executive and have the most silverware to show for it. Let’s stop the nonsense of us being conspired against and just enjoy our great team

Galatico, hector_br and 4x4s repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's pretty funny yesterday seeing thousands of posts of people saying football is rigged pro Madrid, the people claiming the opposite here and pretty much all of them doing the same thing. Meanwhile everybody is convinced they hold the keys to the truth.

That's why I was bothered with Lahoz being so aggressive about it. He's entitled to his opinion, as a former official even more so but brother, so dramatic as if he was perfect.

21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Lahoz is a clown.

And so is everyone thinking football entities conspire against Real Madrid.

I think the whole Negreira scandal is very serious and I hope the investigation continues and Barcelona gets punished.

Aside from that, I don't see Madrid getting harmed to the point it makes me believe the ENTIRE system conspires against us, as some people believe.

22. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought the same. Used to think the referee was either shit or just didn't like us for some horrible decisions but that was it. But the Barcelona scandal makes me wonder if there was foulplay rather than conspiracy.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Well there is cheating and then there is conspiracy.

Barcelona straight up cheated

Barcelona paying off refs on the side is influenced by Barcelona themselves , not by the league or refs hating Madrid

temesgen, hector_br and zizou555 repped this.
  24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And I am prepared to turn down Margot Robbie :D

PigBenis, Shay Z, Doni and 4 others repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you would if she asked for your eye hand and leg

that’s what mama Mbappe is doing