Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Arguably, but he didn’t call it. Should have just shot the ball away.

2. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    #17427 Nir_O, Feb 11, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    8 minutes ?! Never..

Edit:
    3-3 end game !!! Excellent
    Thank u Granada

saadomar repped this.
  3. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    10 points ahead of Barca and 13 points ahead of Atleti

PigBenis, Shay Z, Doni and 6 others repped this.
  4. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep, and Girona, Atleti and Barca still have to play each other. We only have Barca at home left.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Serengeti_Boy and 10 others repped this.
  5. rrrrrafik

rrrrrafik Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 26, 2007
    Spain
    5th game in a row for Granada without losing against Barca in the league. Hope they stay up and make it 6 next year. :cool:

PigBenis, Shay Z, Ahmadi8 and 9 others repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow. They sacked the coach mid tournament and ended up winning the trophy.

Serengeti_Boy, temesgen and Excape Goat repped this.
  7. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid is clear, lads! No need to celebrate a title yet because there is plenty of football left to play.

8. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
  9. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great to see us open up a small advantage on the challengers. I have seen us throw away an 8 point advantage before so like people are saying let's not get carried away, but a positive weekend overall for our title challenge.

Btw, Lamine Yamal looks seriously incredible - and he is just 16 (!!!) Between him, Pedri, and Gavi they have an insanely talented crop of youngsters.

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Along with Marc Guiu, Fermin Lopez and Hector Fort, lack of cash is a hell of a thing to build myths with, let’s see if any of them turn out to be anything special or if they disappear (get shipped out) just like the majority of the last batch of superkids did as soon as they found a bit of money to spend.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #17436 saadomar, Feb 11, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    Typical of culers to be honest. They were hyping up Sergiño Dest and Munir El Haddadi as the next best thing at one time. Nothing new. These are the same idiots trying to vote Balde for goldenboy ahead of Jude Bellingham, then tried to whine and moan that Taylor Swifties were the reason he didn't win. I wanna know what sort of drugs they take.

Anybody remember Ansu Fati? Yeah, me neither.

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Osimhem 1 goal in 6 games.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  13. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh yes, PTSD from around 20 years ago. I cant imagine the PTSD the cules fans must have.

Lamine yamal look technical and to have character but need to see how he handles the pressure and attention. if he can mentally cut it, he need to develop a lot of different things before he becomes their savior and reaches all the hype. if he doesn't, teams will adjust quickly. he is so young that he can gain some of them by experience and maybe physically become better with age. Pedri is good but seems that he has physical issues, Gavi is a slightly technical hound-dog, they only have fermin that fights other than him and as such they miss him. A good barcelona, or top team wouldnt be counting on him.good player sold as great.
    i dont know about hector fort, fermin looks a fighter, marc looks like a typical direct striker. gives them options but so does a better vitor roque. at first glance seems like a bunch of liga players rather than superstars.

Shay Z, Digital and madridismo repped this.
  14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fati had a shocking year close to his final season at Barcelona where he underwent four surgeries in one year, no matter how talented you are, and he was very, you’re not coming back from that, at that age, to be anywhere near the player you could have been.

Barcelona have a couple of bright spots in their team they can build around with the right manager in the next couple of seasons. Ter Stegen, Araujo, Balde, Pedri, De Jong are all good players, Yamal is clearly a top talent but way too young to be relied upon consistently yet.

At the end of the day, our team is absolutely fcuking stacked with young, mentally astute talent right now so whatever anyone else in Europe does, we’re pretty ready for this next decade. But it’ll only do us good in the long run if Barcelona don’t fall into oblivion completely like the Italian teams have done.

Stiliyan, Serengeti_Boy and Excape Goat repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

celito and temesgen repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

This guy is a cancer isn’t he

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    VAR is corrupt and rigged in Spain.

Lyra repped this.
  18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Randomly, what’s wrong with Kimmich, I saw he was on the bench against Leverkusen, just coming back from injury perhaps, don’t tell me he’s so poor now he can’t make the starting lineup of this Bayern team, anyone know what’s up?

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's very much right and i say that as somebody that isn't particularly fond of him. Bayern have the by far most expensive squad in Germany in terms of wages, all those superstar millionaire players and a lot of them are phoning it in.

That's the core of his message, the team has players that consider themselves world class, they also have to play this way.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Part of it is fitness issues with injuries, other is fit with other players. He's also kind of sick of plugging holes in defense.

Digital repped this.
  21. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Exactly. I feel bad for Ansu. But with Yamal killing it at 16, he is done at Barca. Its good he moves anyway, the whole no 10 jersey thing was also cringe, I would have personally refused. Though he got it before his series of injuries to be fair.

Barca have a good core as you mentioned. But their defence has been hello sus. That's where they need to put money into.

22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    That's my point. Guy must be laughing. What on earth is happening to him at Sevilla? Don't think he was even on the bench yesterday.

23. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    January to May 2021 Tuchel is one of the biggest catfish coaching jobs of all time

saadomar and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's simply shit with people, but the Bayern job is very particular when it comes to people. On the other hand, Carlo flopped there because the team had different ideas about how they wanted to work.

I feel like Bayern haven't had the ideal coach in a while now. Flick was portrayed as a victim but he did plenty of work behind the scenes to make himself unwelcome i feel.

On the other hand, Bayern haven't had a total bust like Klinsmann in a while.

25. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At BvB PSG he left with a bad rep.
    After the initial 4months at Chelsea, the following season he finished 20points behind the league leader and was sacked after a mediocre start. Last season at Bayern he won the league with the help of a Dortmund collapse

7 available titles in Bayern since he joined, won 1(league) lost out on 4(Pokal x2, Supercup, CL), still in 2(2024 League and CL)

The Bayern job was too much for Naggelsman at that time but Tuchel is just meh.

Having to adjust your tactic to a 3 man defence because of Leverkusen is the most unBayern thing ever

Buy a Right back and in his first game play him as a LWB when Guerrero is on the bench. Start Dier in CB when Deligt is on the bench

Shay Z repped this.