Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Last season Girona played us to a goalless draw in one leg and then lost 1 x 0.

Cosmin10 and BocaFan repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Meh, just in time for the moan fest after a Farca win at the death against…….. Celta, poor us , yay Farca for their innovative planning, our players are rubbish Farca players are the bestest……… we win at the death, we barely make it moan, they do, they have a player who really makes a difference, we win trophies, bad planning lucky, they do, what a turn around, and Xavi, and good planning and blah blah blah, this…….on our board, whatever, again, don’t care what they do, just as long as we do what we have to, let’s see how it turns out at the end of the season,

RoadMan, kelvinphr and RMadrid2222 repped this.
  3. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    IMO Vini should not play tomorrow, even if we're losing, the injury he's recovering/ed from is no cake walk..

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When Barca makes some last minute heroics it's because teams bottle it and let it happen. When it's Madrid, it's "90 mins at the Bernabeu is a very long time". :ROFLMAO:

Cosmin10, Baltor, RMadrid2222 and 2 others repped this.
  5. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Arribas with 2 goals against Valencia.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    4 goals in 6 games.

7. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Exactly.

:whistling:

Deep Pal repped this.
  8. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I said this before and I'll say it again, Arribas deserved to be in the first team as our RW instead of Güler while putting part of that €35mil towards a top striker on loan, not belittling or dismissing the young Turk but we should have had priorities, I wonder if we went after him with such intent just to spite Barcelona.

9. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn..I have to agree with you and 4x4s..

[​IMG]

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    the literal difference is opposing teams are practicing bull fighting with their olé defending while we face teams that are fighting for their lives.

hector_br repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #13162 Saeta Rubia, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    Or top teams were going after Guler because he's a can't miss talent. We don't need to save Guler's 20 M fee if club wanted to sign someone on loan. When elite talent is available for great price, get them. Worst would be gifting him to Barca as well.

Shay Z repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Carlo wouldn't play Arribas last season even in dead rubber games. What's the point of having him waste this season with first team? It's obvious from his comments that he rates Arda far more highly. In fact he rarely praises talent of a young player like he did with Guler.

Deep Pal, Halycon and Savior repped this.
  14. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Celta crumbled against us, too, so did Almeria and Getafe.

15. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #13165 boeder, Sep 23, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    You're right in saying that Perez would have got a striker on loan if he wanted to regardless of the other signings.

As for Carlo, he's a puppet and that's a big element of why he wasn't booted in the summer, he does what Perez and JAS tell him to do, he asks for a striker and a fullback (after getting Joselu) for the 2nd consecutive summer but is told to shut the f*ck up and make do with what he has. He is reportedly told to start the young midfielders ahead of his beloved Kroos and Modric and has done that so far, you can bet he still itches to start them together but for the most part he won't unless form drops and injuries happen.

If Arribas was promoted and Perez told Carlo to give the kid chances, you can be sure Carlo would give him minutes. It's not up to him.

I also don't think Güler is an "elite talent", he's a good talent but definitely not better than Arribas imo, I may be wrong and I hope I am.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kroos is praising Guler a lot too and he's another one who isn't easily impressed by a young talent. Arribas is a good player, but I doubt the likes of Kroos were getting enamoured by his talent in training. Arda must be a special talent for Kroos to wax lyrical.

Anon. repped this.
  17. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Really annoying to see the manner in which Barca keep winning. I mean they are broke, mortgaged half the club, brought in high risk players like Joao Cancelo who was bad off the pitch and Felix who was bad on it; but somehow they have fit in like a hand in a glove. Sold Dembele who hasn’t had a single goal participation so far and promoted Ferran who has 5, and Lamine who turns out to be another wonderkid. All while changing stadiums, sporting directors etc.

One could argue that our method of financial restraint, buying young players, and not buying anyone if it’s not a Top-3 superstar is the more prudent approach; but I have not yet seen the benefits of our approach. We lost the league to Barca by a landslide last year and they once again look like the team to beat this year. What is the point of healthy finances if it doesn’t translate into an advantage over our rivals? This team with Cancelo and Kane would have steamrolled the league :cry:

Deep Pal, boeder, Nir_O and 2 others repped this.
  18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What was bad with Cancelo? he is baller, always was. To have him on loan would be ideal situation for every club

Bear Crotch repped this.
  19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    We can be annoyed all we can with Barca, but fact of the matter is the club and it's fanbase doesn't prioritize the league as much as they should. Madrid was even ahead if Barca last year before the team decided to drop the ball once again.

Heck, we could even see it in this forum when I showed that Barca has been gaining ground with regards to total Ligas won the last two decades. Not many seemed to care, lol.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barca just know that the are culturally too important to the region they are in to be allowed to fail. A friend of mine brought a tousism brochure back from Barcelona and 3 out of the 10-12 pages were about FC Barcelona, not even a mention of Espanyol.

I'm also guessing that Florentino has also been practically chased out of the club and doesn't want to go through the same thing again.

However, I don't believe for a second that we'll experience Barca being relegated or bankrupt or whatever. If a club like Real Valladolid can stand up there and make requests for government funding, imagine the pull Barca has in those spaces.

arcane repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Carva is way better than Cancelo. There's a reason 3 top coaches didn't want anything to do with Cancelo in last 12 months. Too lazy defensively and creates drama when he wasn't starter. Why would it work here when he'd be Carva's back up?

I wanted Kane too. I don't think they passed on him to save money. We can't afford Kane and then go for Mbappe after spending 100 ME+ on Bellingham. They punted for Mbappe again. Could backfire again or he comes for a huge signing bonus next summer.

Shay Z and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kubo scored in 2nd minute vs Getafe.

Shay Z and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I was thinking Cancelo for LB actually, where we badly need a world class player. Fran has had a decent start, but has a lot more to prove.

Felt the Kylian thing was a mistake as well. We definitely couldn’t spend 100m on Kane and then spend again on Mbappe. But that should have been Mbappe’s problem, not ours :devilish:. He had every opportunity to join this year, he just chose the money which means we continue to be cuckolded by him and his mom while one our main European rivals get strengthened and we miss out on the only viable Mbappe alternative.

Either way, Florentino has bought himself enough credit to see how this develops to the end of the season. If we go without a major trophy or don’t get in a star striker next summer, then I think it will be time to be a lot more critical.

North London derby on now, I am all aboard the Ange Postecoglou bandwagon!

Bear Crotch repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fran's problems have been defensively. Cancelo is bad in 1v1 situation too and won't track back at this stage of his career unlike Fran. Garcia has been decisive going forward and shows great energy. Maybe that will help him improve a bit more defensively.

I don't think PSG ever wanted to sell Mbappe. His only opportunity will be to leave as free agent, but he burned is in 2022 so it's possible that he could take money again in 2024. And if he has delusions like staying at PSG until he takes them to CL title, would be stuck in Ligue 1 forever.

madridismo repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe Xabi can bring Boniface alongside if he's RM coach next season. In case Mbappe renews again.

1705940660266627095 is not a valid tweet id