Accomodation at Reserve

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by emmex, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi there...if moderators can please be patient with this post. I have posted at older posts at "finding accomodation" before, but there has been so many replies that i cannot find the original post. If possible, if this thread can please be allowed as a standalone thread for the time being since there are only a few days left to finding accomodation for this world cup and this will be far more convenient to some. - Thanks.

The owner of the place at Dikololo phoned me last night - again. He mentioned that he has had responses, but asked if "the people are still coming" (as if i am arranging for them to go there lol - people should note that I am not a travel agent and I don't take a cut or anything - my aim is for a place such as this to be known so that they cannot blame the world cup and this government for anything).

Anyways, I told him that they should contact him directly. I also explained to him my general feelings as to what the needs are for the people on this forum especially. I told him that his original prices were too expensive, and that i felt that he should charge per chalet, and not per person. He seemed to have taken my advice...So here is the latest offer they seem to have made:

Just a note: i assume that when he talks about "2 bedrooms - 5 people sharing" he means that he allows more people in a chalet than originally stated

2. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    *kinda bumping* Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Has anyone been interested, or contacted the owners? Anyone going to be staying there? Or have they left their price adaptions for too late?

3. simbamunhe

simbamunhe New Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Moderators I beg you not to remove my post, this offer is legitimate and am sure travellers will find this useful.

email owner

I am also offering acommodation near N1 south off Maraisburg offramp Unit sleeps 8 for US $1000 per week or US $50 per person per night. Transport available and self catering possible.

4. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    emailed both the above. Waiting for replies ;-)

5. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    cool...thanks hearts :)

Even if you don't go there, at least they would get some form of positivity that the world cup is not a total disaster....

what happened though?

6. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    We've had this discussion. Please don't advertise accomodation on the forums.