ACC vs WCC

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by rhydogg, Oct 18, 2004.

1. rhydogg

rhydogg New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    West Coast
    I was thinking it would be pretty sweet if in the future they set up a weekend where all the WCC teams play the ACC teams. Kind of like in college basketball where they did the big 10 vs pac 10 tourny thing. They do it with other conferences too. It would be cool if one year all the WCC teams came out to the ACC and played a friday game and a sunday game. then the next year the acc teams would visit the wcc. Most teams travel atleast to one big tourny every year, so why not set up a WCC vs ACC challenge and do away with another tourny?At the end add up all the wins and losses and see what conference wins the challenge.

2. thesoccerjock

thesoccerjock New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    The WCC would get crushed!!! No contest.

3. rhydogg

rhydogg New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    West Coast
    Sike. There would be some pretty damn good games especially if the acc came to the wcc. Hey soccerjock u think your Creighton Blue Gays conference could beat the WCC teams? NEVERRRRR

4. outofbounds

outofbounds New Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Have to agree that the ACC would win- match up the top 3 or four teams and let them go at it. I think it would be great to see. Who would the WCC send. We would send UVA, MD and Duke. With Wake as our alternate.

5. thesoccerjock

thesoccerjock New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    And Wake just beat the holy ********** our of LMU. Pummeled the crap out of them. What's your comment on that, rhydogg? Did the refs screw LMU in that game too? I suppose it's possible that there is a national coaches conspiracy to screw LMU. I mean afterall, it is a national powerhouse with a rich soccer legacy that is the envy of the country. So I can see why the coaches are intent on preventing the program from succeeding........what a joke

Incidentally, the MVC has 2 teams ranked in the top 6 in all 4 polls, Creighton and SMU. I'd say our league would fare pretty well too.

6. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    First send every team from both conf because that is what makes the ACC the toughest conf .....because of the strength top to bottom

Second UVA in Arena days was the best...last year they struggled and this year a cupcake schedule....lost to a young struggling UNC side....Wake is the best ACC team this year....last year UVA stepped up and surprised in the ACC tourney...this year it will be UNC finishing strong

Third after Creigton and SMU that conf is finished ...at least the West coast teams have depth due to the Cal youth talent

7. usat522

usat522 New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    I agree with your depth perception (ouch) of the WCC. Also, I understand plans were already made this past winter for SCU and another CA team playing in an early season UVA tourney in 2005. What other east coast schools usually play in the VA tourny?

8. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000

Creighton is #7 in the NSCAA poll.

9. thesoccerjock

thesoccerjock New Member

Jul 27, 2004
    You are correct. Ranked #7 and #6 in two polls. Ranked #4 in the two other polls. SMU is ranked slightly higher in all 4 polls.

10. ukforunc86

ukforunc86 New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    London / Chapel Hill
    UVA unfortunity schedule 2 strong and 2 cupcakes...so they get the 2 cupcakes

as oppose to Ohio St tourney with....Penn St...Wake....UNC....that is a quality tourney

11. portusa

portusa New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Why are you even making comments on this thread. Your team isn't even mentioned. Get a life guy. I got one word for you buddy, Medhi Balouchy. Does that hit a sore spot, ouch. Later

12. rhydogg

rhydogg New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    West Coast
    Yeah, Thesoccerjock or should i say "thesoccercock" why r u even making comments in this thread? Go away, we dont want you here. Go cut some corn or something....

13. rhydogg

rhydogg New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    West Coast
    I would match up: Santa Clara vs Virginia, San Diego vs Wake, LMU vs North Carolina, Portland vs Maryland, San Francisco vs Duke, Saint Mary's vs Clemson, Gonzaga vs N.C State...and V tech could sit and watch or play the Pepperdine girls team....

Yall might say the acc would woop sum ass but I know a big factor would be if games were played on the east coast or west coast...Its always tough to travel across the country and play no matter how good your team is. Just look at sum results this year.EX: Indiana coming out to New Mexico

14. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These two conferences have been the top two in college soccer for quite some time, with the ACC have the better run dating all the way back to Clemson and Duke in the 80's. I agree that where the games are played would make the biggest difference. At Torero Stadium USD is almost unbeatable, but very average on the road sometimes. ACC teams aren't used to the travel week in and week out, but the competition they face is second to none.

How about all the players these conferences put in the pro's? A preseason ACC/WCC tournament would be an early MLS combine! Great idea!