AC St. Louis vs KC Wizards

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by time4wine, Jan 31, 2010.

1. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just read the entire thread - interesting to see the Lions already have a May 5th date with the Wizards. I also followed the link to the Lions' twitter - apparently they're already working on some academy deal with Celtic FC. Seems like they're several steps ahead of ACSTL in outreach to Div1 teams.... =-/
    Also, someone on the Lions was invited to the ACSTL tryouts to watch, and several ex-Lions were there trying out as well. Interesting to see the two STL teams somewhat getting along =-)
    Yeah, an ACSTL/KCWiz game would be awesome. But, IMO, even awesomer would be ACSTL/Lions or ACSTL/Fire. ^.^

3. Showstopper

Showstopper New Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it is kind of necessary for the two St. Louis teams to get along since one is an amateaur team and should serve as more of a feeder for ACSTL.

As far as the Wizzers game goes a preseason victory won't mean much but when we play and when we beat them in the US Open Cup that will be epic!

Just remember this about the Wizzers, They choose to live in Kansas!

4. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And with only, like, four years' head start.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You're not to familiar with our US Open Cup history, are you?

I'd have to check, but I think we were once knocked out by a high school women's JV team. Yeah, we did win in 2004, but other than that one season, beating us in the Open Cup isn't very impressive.

6. Jozd

Jozd Member

Oct 18, 2009
    red rock vs blu rock
    Hopefully the chance for a CONCACAF Champions League birth will get MLS teams to take it more serious but I doubt it.

7. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume "they" refers to the KCMO city government more than the football cub or many of it's supporters.

8. Neeto

Neeto Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would go to both preseason games, just because it is the first season. I would love a US cup tie with the wiz this year. I wouldn't mind a St. Louis derby as well.

9. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is something that I think can really bring some attention to AC St. Louis. St. Louis, like KC, is a major league city, and I think if we're playing MLS, it'll make people want to check that out at least...and with the hatin' on KC we do out here..

Should be fun if nothing else. Ol'Battra will be there ready to be singing!