AC Parma [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 23, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
  2. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Cannavaro Is Staying Put, Reveals Tanzi

Just like his colleague Sergio Cragnotti did yesterday for Nesta, Parma chairman Stefano Tanzi announced today that Fabio Cannavaro won't be sold this season.

SoccerAge

3. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    I remember a couple of years ago, Tanzi said the same thing about Crespo... and three weeks later he was being officially presented by Cragnotti at Lazio. If Milan doesn't sign Rivaldo, they'll probably make another run at Fabio.
    It would be fantastic if we could keep him, though. Because of Parmalat, Parma isn't feeling the financial pinch as much as some other teams.

4. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Pretty bleak performance in the Amsterdam pre-season tournament. We looked totally outclassed against ManU, and not a whole lot better against Barca.
    Next stop Tripoli...

5. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    2002-2003 Fixtures

01/09 - 01.a BRESCIA (rit. 26/01)
    15/09 - 02.a Udinese (rit. 02/02)
    22/09 - 03.a COMO (rit. 09/02)
    29/09 - 04.a Juventus (rit. 16/02)
    06/10 - 05.a PERUGIA (rit. 23/02)
    20/10 - 06.a Modena (rit. 02/03)
    27/10 - 07.a ATALANTA (rit. 09/03)
    03/11 - 08.a CHIEVO (rit. 16/03)
    10/11 - 09.a Lazio (rit. 27/03)
    17/11 - 10.a Milan (rit. 06/04)
    24/11 - 11.a ROMA (rit. 13/04)
    01/12 - 12.a Torino (rit. 19/04)
    08/12 - 13.a REGGINA (rit. 27/04)
    15/12 - 14.a Bologna (rit. 04/05)
    22/12 - 15.a INTER (rit. 11/05)
    12/01 - 16.a Piacenza (rit. 18/05)
    19/01 - 17.a EMPOLI (rit. 25/05)

6. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerAge

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerAge

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerAge

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerAge

10. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerAge
    SoccerAge

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    FT Udinese 1-1 Parma
    Sporting Life

12. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    UEFA Cup
    CSKA Moscow vs. Parma

13. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerAge

14. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    FT CSKA Moscow 1 - 1 Parma
    52' Muci
    67' Popov

15. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Parma:my surprise team of the season. Adriano will become great. Inter only loaned him to Parma, right? Or was it a buy? Parma will end up keeping him, probably, as it often ends up with loans. Oh well, ishouldn't complain, we have awesome forwards. Do you guys still have Hakan Sukur? i heard he was thing about leaving. So what is the Parma starting line-up for theis season.

16. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sukur's contract with Parma was not renewed. Currently, he's in talks with Rangers.

17. mattyc2422

mattyc2422 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Melbourne
    Adriano is a tremendous player and I sincerely hope he stays put. Has a huge future.

Huge game will start in roughly an hour versus Juventus. All the best of luck to the players for this match.

Best of luck to Di Viao also, but I am fired up for this match. Could be a starting block for the season if we can pull it off.

Go Parma.

18. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    I would like Parma for this one, I am an Inter fan, but I am predicting Juve to take it 2-0 or 2-1. FORZA ADRIANO

19. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Wow 2-2 Go Parma! Del Piero and Juve got lucky with that hand blal. Damn then! At least if Inter win they'll be farther up in the table than Juve. But Chievo will be tough, especially without Crespo who wasn't even called up for the game. He's injured. But only for a couple of days. He'll be back against Lyon. Suprise team Parma, didn't I say so? It'll happen. They'll be the surprise team.

20. mattyc2422

mattyc2422 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Melbourne
    From what I can tell, we had all the play for 80 minutes, with Nakata and Adriano slotting through a goal each in the second half until the tide turned and Juventus pulled out 2 in the space of 3 minutes along with influential leader Lamouchi of Parma sent off.

I cannot believe we let this game, AGAINST JUVENTUS of all teams, fall right from under our noses. Losing a 2-0 lead hurts, a red card hurts, but losing that lead to one of the powers of the league with a handful of minutes to go hurts even more.

Sure would have liked to have had Di Vaio in the Parma gear once again, but Mutu and Adriano did well.

21. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Yes we let the lead slip away, but our two young central defenders Bonera and Ferrari are doing way better than expected. Del Piero's experience and class and a minor hand of god incident sealed our fate in the freaking 95th minute. Hurts, but we'll take the point at Delle Alpi any day. Prandelli's got the kids playing attacking football, fun to watch. Mutu and Adriano are scaring the bejeezus out of opposing defenses, even Juve, Buffon had to make several acrobatic saves. Hell, even Nakata's coming out of his shell a little bit.

22. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Yea, Adriano rocks. I would even rather given Kallon instead. I would even think about Recoba, who though can be awesome, in inconsistent. But he's usually awesome... but I don't know.....

23. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    thrilling victory in UEFA cup

Wow, we just squeaked through against CSKA Moscow on Thurs night. What a game. Adriano's goal was astounding, an absolute missile into the back corner of the net from about 30 yards, I mean the ball had no arc whatsoever, the Moscow goalie never even saw it. Then Moscow's no.5 scored two crackers himself, Frey had little chance on the first and absolutely no chance on the second. Looked like the wind was out of our sails, but the crowd was fired up all night long, and Parma played a whale of a second half. Can you believe Parma had over 80% ball possesion in the second half? And not just uselessly kicking it around, many great chances were created and unfortunately squandered. Then Mutu saved the day with two goals. He got lucky on the first, went through the defenders legs with a deviation, then the second was absolute CLASS, chest control off a long pass from Frey, swivel and GOAL!!
    But my player of the game was Sabri Lamouchi, it may be a cliche but he's the glue in midfield that's keeping these wild kids together.

24. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Nice job Parma. I will be rooting for you guys when you don't play inter!! Especially Adriano. What a victory. Did I say surprise team?

25. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    are they still plannining to kick out nakata next year? i personally enjoy to see him play for parma. this team now looks like totally changed in 2 years. everybody is gone