AC Milan vs Juventus [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Excape Goat, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope for a win.... but I think it will be a draw. Milan has a CL game on Wednesday.... Juventus does not need to worry about the CL!!!!

2. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Fukin CRAP we shoulda had the win !

That dissallowed goal was utter bullsh^t! Typical Juve favouritism if u ask me. Milan made way more scoring chances than Juve in the long run. Freakin Juve scardie-cats too afraid to make legitimate attacking runs and always rely on those cowardly counter attacks! ARRGHH!!

I hate this bull becuase Lippi always has to be seen as this tactical master when he's really just a plain lucky S.O.B

And I wish Trez whould hit me in the side of the face! He would leave without arms or legs intact!

A va funculo JUVE!

FORZA MILAN!!!

3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT Milan 1-1 Juve
    65' [1 - 0] Jon Dahl Tomasson
    84' [1 - 1] Marco Di Vaio

Arghh! I usually don't like to complain about refs but this ref was horrible. First off he let Juve elbow and push any Milan player they wanted in the first half. This set a tone for the rest of the game. He should have pulled out the yellow cards early so the game wouldn't be so nasty. He also fell for the blatent dives by Nedved(who I was very disappointed with, I thought he moved beyond the diver he used to be at Lazio). He also disallowed a good goal by Sheva in the second half. But moving beyond all that I think it was a fair result. Juve dominated the long stretches of the game and almost equalized when Di Vaio hit the post. Tomasson came through again and must get some starts because he scores almost every time he plays. I wonder who will start the Brugge match. Milan need to move beyond this diappointment and pick up all 3 points in Brugge.

4. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to mention how great Dida played. He made great save after great save today. Forza Dida! He had no chance on Di Viao's goal.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love to hear all the whining from the Milan fans about Juve being abusive. You must have missed all of the hacking by the Milan players, how typical.

Here's a nice picture taken right before the game.

[​IMG]

edit - now the pics work

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if your trying to say that Silvio paid off the refs you need to watch the match again. Clearly Juve were by far the dirtier team tonight, especially Tacchianardi. This is not a one time event, Juve seem to get more respect from the refs than any team in Serie A. And in the latest issue of 'Calcio Italia' a fan brought up the issue of Juve "playing by different rules" than the rest of the league. If Juve ever needs to win the ball back all they have to do is fall down and the ref will blow the whistle. It's getting old. Something needs to be done about this.

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Blah blah de de blah. I'd all but given up with the admission that Milan scrapped harder to find a way to score. But Di Vaio's goal was brilliant, and it needed to be to beat Dida.

8. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    di vaio's post was equally beautiful .....i love that kind of shot

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, this coming from a Milanista. Pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot.

10. Spanman

Spanman New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    Toronto, Ontario
    Unfortunate late equalizer

At many times this game was very exciting. I can confidently say that it lived up to its expectations for the first Juve Milan clash of this 2003/2004 campaign. Clearly it should have been Milans day but those stout counter attacks attacks led by Nedved and Trez always seem to make you hold your breath. Di vaio had a few legitimate chances to put his squad in front early on in the game but as you know it was to no avail. Dida played solid all game and made definetly one of the best saves we will see in Serie A all year. One would conclude that it would take something very special for Juve to come out of the San Siro with any points at all. It is unfortunate that even though this game saw one of the best saves of the year it also saw one of the best goals as well. A wonder strike by Di vaio.........unbelievable i say, It was nobodies fault either. The defence was steadfast and the mid-field was strong but such an effort on that magnitude was still not enough to stop the squidetto(not quite sure how to spell it :) champions. I hope for the sake of you Milan faithful that they achive the same success or better when they play their next match in Turin.

11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, he was GREAT.

12. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Di Vaio's goal was a stunner. Vicious volley with the outside of the left foot, bending outward into the side netting, and FAST.

I thought that Juve was clearly the better team in the first half, Milan somewhat better than Juve in the second half until the last ten minutes or so. Milan can give some of the credit for their goal to Camoranesi, who kept about three attackers onside by being really slow to push up. The announcer on ESPN Latin America thought that Kaka should have been in the starting lineup for Milan; I kinda agree with him.

The refereeing was shaky, but this is the kind of game where being consistent and keeping things under control gets pretty difficult, to say the least. I agree that maybe a few cards should have been handed out earlier, there were a few fouls that seemed to call for it. Overall, I think the draw was a fair result.

13. Emre5

Emre5 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    chelsea,the death of
    geez, is gattuso toughest player

-boring first half
    -sheva goal should have counted
    -maldini is getting too slow
    -yes di vaio goal was excellent
    -dida was great
    -referree should have given cards for the wrestling in the first half, and not dumb fouls in the 2nd.
    -2nd half much better, sheva great player
    -commentator after milan take the lead: well i guess we won't be seeing kaka today, unless juve score 2
    -kaka came for rui costa(avg game) and kaka is simply awesome. I have high hopes for this guy as a great player, though i prefer juve to milan
    kaka beat montero a few times.
    conclucion:
    -can't wait for the next juve-milan....

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The result was fair.... either team deserves to lose this one.

Rui Costa started over Kaka because he had more experiences in big matches. I thought Maldini did okay....

15. milan.dc.united

milan.dc.united New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Bethesda, MD

I'm as big a Milan supporter as anyone here, but I can admit with an objective eye that Juve did not simply "just get plain lucky" to win their point. In fact, especially towards the beginning of the game, Juve were outplaying Milan -- Dida was a key factor, and played brilliantly as usual. There is always a bad taste in the mouth after losing a lead late on in the game, but no one can deny the class of Di Vaio's strike, and, over the course of the match, you cannot say that Milan dominated. The result was fair in the end, though disappointing.

16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you for the most part. In fact, I think Juve were the best team on the night and so far they have proved to be the best team in Serie A and europe. It's just frustrating sometimes when it seems Juve get all the 50/50 calls. They say all decisions usually even out in the end. Which is true for most teams. Except Juve, who usually are in the positive side of the decisions at the end. And they really don't need it. They would probabaly still win all thier games w/o getting the calls. It didn't help soothe my frustration watching Nedved make love to the new French grass either.

17. milan.dc.united

Jul 16, 2003
    Bethesda, MD

Well, even so, the experience factor didn't stop Kaka from starting over Rui Costa against both Lazio and Inter. I'm kind of torn myself over this tough decision -- one which Ancelotti must make each week. Rui Costa was such an important fixture for the team last year, and played some brilliant matches. Kaka, however, provides a certain energy and inspiration to the team which is simply uncommon, especially at his age. He is such a dynamic player, and still has many years to develop even further.

18. milan.dc.united

Jul 16, 2003
    Bethesda, MD

Yes, Nedved was disgraceful. I was very disappointed in what he had to offer to the game -- virtually nothing positive.

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Hard to offer anything positive when you are getting hacked to the ground all game. Don't you know this is how teams stop him. Milan did a good job of it. Be proud. :rolleyes:

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pfff....he was just getting his ass marked really well is all. Maldini's seurgical slide tactical was just another reminder of how brilliant and experienced Maldini is. "Hacked" I would say is an innapropriate word as it does deservice to Nesta and Maldini's defensive show.

Don't try and pretend you're neutral Sue B when you are clearly a "troll boppin Jueventus supporter..."

21. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Ha, who ever said I was a neutral! I've never denied being a Juventus fan. I felt the same way as you do about Nedved when he played for Lazio. But now, I've come to appreciate his talents. :D

And I've always appreciated the talents of Maldini and Nesta of course. Though Paolo fouled Nedved with the trailing leg even before the follow-through hack (yes, hack). But he's "King Paolo", so he never gets called for that tackling "technique" the same way his mentor Barese never got called for it. But actually, it's the likes of Gattuso and Simic that do most of the hacking though. At least Gattuso pretty much met his match in Appiah.

22. Emre5

Emre5 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    chelsea,the death of
    Did you even watch this game?
    The cross for Di Vaio header, the cross for Trezeguet cannon, numerous runs ending with positionally sound free-kicks...milans fouling in the first half only was something like 17-11...that is the tactic teams employ to stop nedved...

23. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    My thoughts on the game...

1) A draw was probably the most fair result.
    2) Dida was spectacular...no way ANY keeper could save DiVaio's goal.
    3) Juve's goal WAS offside...Trezguet received the pass, was in an offside position, passed it off to DiVaio who spectacularly smashed home...but it was offside initially from Trezguet which the ref and the linesman failed to call. Replay on "90 minuto" proved that it was a missed call.
    4)Milan's goal WAS correctly called, as opposed to the numerous Juve fans at the bar i was watching with incorrectly thought was offside. Jon Dahl was in an onside position when the ball squibbed towards him. Replay after replay demonstrated this.
    5) Nedved is more important to Juve than Del Pierro for the last two years. Alex may represent the club the way Maldini does for Milan or Raul for Real Madrid, but the Czech is the most important player that "the Old Lady" cannot afford to do without in their most important games.
    6) Having said that, Nedved did his best for a Latin dive when Maldini FAIRLY tackled and got the ball. SueB thinks that Paolo's right leg clipped Pavel, but anyone who has ever attempted a tackle knows that there is no way to avoid that. Its called a follow through with the supporting leg, since the leading leg that Maldini used to make the tackle was with his left. There is no way that follow through can be avoided. And Nedved milked the most of it...he may have gotten hurt, but it was not a foul. And the ref got it right. Funny, how Pavel himself was able to play through that first half as well as most of the second half if he was that injured from the play, right SueB?
    7) I at first questioned Ancelotti's fielding of players, particularly with Rui Costa starting over Kaka as well as Sheva and Jon Dahl's lack of understanding with one another. Simply put, in the first half, Milan had no cohesive offensive strategy. But to Juve's credit, they dominated the midfield that first half. But in the second half, whatever Carlo said at halftime worked. Milan played much better. I also think Carlo just about got the substitutions right, although I would have liked to have seen a Rui Costa-Kaka-Sheva offense given a chance. (Seedorf played awful, BTW)

8) The Scudetto will go down to the wire. What this game basically demonstrated is that these are the two strongest teams in Italy, from goalkeeper-defense-midfield-offense and bench. The games that matter will be how well they do against the lesser teams. Roma and Lazio may challenge, but its the games against the lesser teams like Modena, Como, and Lecce that will decide the title.

24. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  25. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Ooops....

Could have sworn that Como was up in Seria A...

..but you got the idea!?!? (I try hard to pay attention to the Siena, Ancona, and Empoli types...but I usually fall asleep by then!?!?)