AC Milan vs. Inter Milan [R] Pre/During/Post (The Milan Derby)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Catfish, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can't wait to see this match (please GolTv don't drop the ball on this one!) and I think AC Milan should be very concerned. I just got a bad feeling that Milan will not be able to just turn it on for their Milano rivals.

I am predicting a very tough and passionate match with Internazionale Milano winning 2-1.

Honestly, I can't wait to see the spectacle that is the Milan Derby in the San Siro! SWEEEEEEEET!

2. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It's gonna be weird this sunday. The Uruguayan derby is also this sunday. GOLTV will show Peñarol vs. Nacional live at 1:30 p.m. They will show the first half of this game and at 2:30 p.m., the time the milan derby starts, they will switch live to the San Siro. From then on, they will have simultaneously coverage of both games. I'm pretty sure they'll stick with the milan derby and give updates and highlights of the Uruguayan derby. Two games at once!!! :D

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Visca - Where did you get your info regarding Gol TV's plans? Thx.

4. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Preview:

Milan is in second place with 13 points in the serie A standings, 3 points behind the leader juventus with 16 points.
    Inter is in sixth place with 10 points. Inter is still undefeated this season (2 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses), so this will be a good test for the nerazzurri.
    The rossoneri have won 3 straight games in Serie A since the loss to Messina at the San Siro. They have won 5 straight overall including champions league competition.
    Milan has won the last 4 meetings between the city rivals. Inter hasn't beaten Milan in the derby since the 2001/2002 season.
    Inter is coming confident from a win and a thrashing of Valencia at the Mestalla for Champions League.
    Milan is also coming from a win to Barca at the San Siro that puts them as leaders and on cruise control in their champions league group.

Looks like it's gonna be a hell of a match. Can't wait for sunday.

5. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    goltv's website: goltv.tv

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    FYI - AC Milan = "Milan" or "Rosseneri".

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Thanks, but when I go there, all I see under their programming guide for the week is still last weekend's listings. Do you have a direct link to where they discuss the plans to jointly cover both games?

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Oh, sorry, I was just looking at the dates, which are incorrect. Now that I look at the content, I see what you're talking about.

9. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  10. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    BOTH!!! :D

11. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a load of crap :mad: I know GolTV is heavily influenced by Uruguayans but can you imgagine them switching back and forth from a Uruguayan league game and the Barca/Real derby? They need to show both games in full. Either delay the Milan/Inter game or Uruguayan game. Becuase I'm gonna be mighty pissed if, "Cafu bursting down the sideline, he crosses to the penalty box, Kaka gets a touch, it falls to Shevchenko..., We now move back to Montevideo where Penarol has just been awarded a corner kick..." :(

12. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    It's not the barca/real derby, it's the Milan derby. :D
    Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they won't change the milan derby right when cafu is bursting down the pitch. They'll show more of the milan derby and unless something big happens in the uruguayan derby, they won't change it.

13. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    2-2. Inter will blow a 2-0 lead in the 2nd half.

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    prk166,

I know the various names for Milan, but if you look at the homepage and their crest, I'm not really wrong.

http://www.acmilan.com/

Btw, I still love Milan's kits, but those numbers and letters on the back look so 2nd rate.

Spartak,
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Spartak again.

Your post was hilarious. I can't stop laughing about it. Interesting everyone I have ever met from Philly I seem to get along with and have a good sense of humor.

15. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, that's interesting. Everybody I meet in Philly are a bunch of ignorant **************s. Go figure ;)

16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I think prk166 is saying is that most people just call AC Milan(or Milan AC) Milan and Internazionale they just call Inter. It gets annoying when you hear English announcers calling Milan just "AC". "AC are really playing well tonight", etc. It would be like calling Barcelona just "FC". Nobody in Italy gets confused when you say "Milan". They all know who you are referring to.

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Spartak,

Point taken. Ok, so I have only met talked to 2 Philly people and they have attitudes, but are still funny.

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  20. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    This is a huge match for Internazionale. If they win they could get back into the top 3 which is great. They are with a win in the round of 16 in the CL and now they have a chance to get into the top 3 or 4. Adriano needs to have a big match even Barca couldnt get a goal on Milan. Milan have a good defense but, Inter have a great attack and they could score a couple of goals.

21. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Preview:

Milan is in second place with 13 points in the serie A standings, 3 points behind the leader juventus with 16 points.
    Inter is in sixth place with 10 points. Inter is still undefeated this season (2 wins, 4 draws, 0 losses), so this will be a good test for the nerazzurri.
    The rossoneri have won 3 straight games in Serie A since the loss to Messina at the San Siro. They have won 5 straight overall including champions league competition.
    Milan has won the last 4 meetings between the city rivals. Inter hasn't beaten Milan in the derby since the 2001/2002 season.
    Inter is coming confident from a win and a thrashing of Valencia at the Mestalla for Champions League.
    Milan is also coming from a win to Barca at the San Siro that puts them as leaders and on cruise control in their champions league group.

Looks like it's gonna be a hell of a match. Can't wait for sunday.

22. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh no, you're right in your self critique. Half of the people at my college are from Philly, I know from experience. ;)

FORZA INTER :mad:

23. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    its going to come down too who is the better foward. Sheva or Adriano.

But right now Milan has the edge with a better defence, and better goalie.

24. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I'm predicting 3-2 to Inter. Like you said it will be a great battle between Adriano & Shevchenko. I think Adriano will come out on top with 2 goals. He is my favourite striker in the world right now.
    Adriano is on top form right now not even the Milan defence will be able to stop him.
    Its going to be a great game

25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Is Toldo going to get dropped for this game?