AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    It would have been easier to admit you just don't see him very often than to write that. They mean exactly the same thing.

2. ZiZu5

ZiZu5 New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Toronto Ontario
    Cmon Iain answer the man, lol. Your replies are priceless, its what makes me read these threads.

3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I don't buy into the previous Drogba description. That said, I wouldn't say that being good in the air is the same and physically powerful. For example, Gattuso's a strong player. Not just rough but strong. You don't see him muscled off the ball often. Yet I wouldn't say that the lil' rhino is strong in the air.

5. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Chelsea Doesn't have the cash!

Chelsea couldn't afford Shevchenko

Sheva's agent may be a bit daft in claiming Chelsea doesn't have the money to afford Andrei. But I don't see why Milan would sell Sheva anytime soon.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec21d.html

If true this is superb news. He is the kind of player who can play in various roles for us. Left back, right back, left mid, right mid, center mid, attacking mid, etc. He can play anywhere. It says he won't be coming until next year which is fine. But if it turns out that Kaladze is out for awhile I wouldn't mind seeing Milan sign him in January. Unfortunately Jankulovski is cup tied because he played in the UEFA Cup with Udinese and won't be able to play with Milan in the CL. But nonetheless, he could help Milan in their scudetto hunt.

7. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    I agree that he is an excellent prospect fo the left back position, one which we will have trouble replacing if Kaladze doesnt get fit again (a future right back would be nice too).

8. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaladze will only be out three weeks so that is good news. Maybe it would be a good idea to leave Jankulovski at Udinese to help them beat out Inter or Roma for that final CL spot ;)

9. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Has anyone seen reports of Chivu coming over to your club in June?

10. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. But he probably won't come until 2006.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec20e.html

11. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I think getting Chivu would be a very very wise move in the long run.

12. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Explain 'in the long run'. The guy's great already.

13. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    :)

CHivu would be interesting. I would think that such a move would depend on Maldini given his importance to the club. Could Chivu be brought in if it meant Maldini became a sub?

14. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  15. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    How much longer is John Dahl out? Goal.com, the web site run the company that runs Milan's web site (among others), is reporting that Barca is interested in John Dahl. I don't see it happening unless MAYBE Pippo hadn't been injured and was in great shape and form this year. But if that was the case, would we have brought Crespo in on loan?

Also rumors of Milan being interested in bucky-the-goal scorer, Ronaldo, with Madrid supposedly willing to cash in on him and snatch up Gillardino [sic].

16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tomasson should be back in January. Milan won't sell anybody this season but Tomasson could be sold at the end of the year. There is definately a new striker coming in next year(Gilardino most likely) which means Milan need to offload a player. And if Crespo continies playing well he will probably stay at Milan. Which leaves Pippo or JDT who will be leaving.

17. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan would be very foolish to let Pippo go.

18. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    God you're a moron. I mean it would be good 'in the long run' because a number of Milan's defenders are getting old. There isn't a problem at the moment but a player like Chivu will be necessary. He is good now, no sh1t, why do you think so many clubs are interested in him.

19. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    What the fvck? That's what I'm saying all along. Watch your own words instead of mine you fvck.

20. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    The tone of your post was purely condescending as if to say I don't know the current value/skill of Chivu. :rolleyes:

21. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    No, it was just a necessary addition IMO. I'm sorry for the last post though, I had drunk a little bit too much and came home from a heavy discussion.

But about Chivu: I've been following this guy from the time he signed for Ajax and already in his second season he was terrific. I just don't understand why this guy isn't in one of the best five clubs in the world yet.
    What position would he play in Milan? Left or central defender?

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He would play at left-back, where Maldini played when he was young.

23. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Guys, guys, how about we talk footy instead of the pissing mactch ofver how was more or less condosending in post 4567 on march 19,1933? There are better ways to ask people to clarify their points.

As for Chivu, playing left back? Has he ever and does he really have the ability? I'm skeptical. I see far too often folks wanting to toss one player into some other position purely based on them being a great athlete. They're all great athletes but there are nuances to these various positions.