AC Milan official transfer, rumor, and speculation thread 9

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Seriously?!

2. iCEMANGSCCC

iCEMANGSCCC Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Winston-Salem
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

they put him on a strict diet after he came back, not during the summer.

3. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ah. nvm then. A little mistranslation, I guess.

4. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If they dont get anyone else I dont see us finishing in top 4 next year.

Or 4th at best.

5. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the article said he had "instructions" from the doctor for his offseason, i'm assuming that included a diet and workout regimen...and that he didn't follow it, so now he is on a stricter diet apparently. regardless, he shouldn't be coming in 10 pounds overweight when he knows that the organization is putting so much trust in him after letting kaka go.

6. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If by 17, my daughter can't reasonably discern the intentions of an adult male, let alone not be repulsed by the advances of a 72 year old, I'll have failed as a father LOL.

As a grown man however, looking at 17 woman is bad form but completely normal for a heterosexual. Its only gross by societal standards IMO. That being said, Berlusconi is a ********ING IDIOT.

On to Milan issues... I would love it if Milan bought Huntelaar from Madrid, IMO he is a Jan Dahl Tommasson type of striker Milan has missed for a few years.

7. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's not forget you signed Thiago Silva in the winter and who will be eligible to play soon. He was a great pick-up! I wish Juve would have reinforced their defense.

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    C'mon he's a scrub.

We've been hurdled into a sellers market when we need a good striker, more than any other team. However I would never settle for Huntelaar, that would be a disaster.

9. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yet, not at all surprising. Only for the Milan management does it make sense to sell the professional, younger, and hard working player to keep the overweight lazy one.

10. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fair enough, but if Canna plays up to his previous standards a Canna Chiellini partnership is pretty good.

And Melo, Sissoko, Diego, Camo midfield is pretty damn fantastic.

Gio/Del piero supporting Amauri/Iaquinta is excellent as well.

As things stand, Juve will be much better than Milan in every single department on the field. My guess will be that Juve will be the only team capable of providing Inter with some competition for the scudetto.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The problem is that it doesn't even matter if he is in shape or not. Ronaldinho was never the type of player that could, even when in shape, carry a team on his back. At Barcelona he had a very hard working midfield while he stayed mostly in the left side while drifting to the middle whenever he wanted. Kaka' was a workhorse and could put the team on his back. So I hate to say it, but I believe Milan will struggle big time this season if the plan is to depend on Ronaldinho as they relied on Kaka'.

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  13. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Which was pretty much exactly my point.

14. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    You obviously havent watched him a lot. U have any idea what his average is for the dutch national?its off the charts. He can score everywhere a la van Nistelrooij. That would make a good team with Pato.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't get the hate on Huntelaar either. He's the perfect type to partner Pato, who is more the technical type while Hunt is the poacher type. I think they'd make a great team in front of Ronaldinho and Pirlo.

16. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Looks like you guys are getting Fabiano for 18 million or so that's great, just get Hernanes nad you guys will do good, cheers!

17. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
  18. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ^That's great news. I can certainly see him + Renato augusto and Diego in the Brazilian NT in the future.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Jpick or any other knowledgeable Serie A fan, I was wondering what you could tell me about D'Agostino? His positives? negatives?

What his worth is?

Thanks.

20. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I'm also wondering if Mourinho will feel more heat to focus on the Champions League this season. Having said that however, Inter's depth is so good they can focus on both competitions.

But I see a much more direct challenge coming from Juventus. They have brought in some good players, and Inter will need to be on their game if they want to win the title again.

21. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Carlos Eduardo. Good player, who had a great season at Hoffenheim. A really good club to develop your talent because they focus primarily on youth. He will be one of the men to watch this upcoming season in the Bundesliga if he stays there. As a matter of fact I'm really interested in how the entire Hoffe team does this season after last year. If Ibisevic had not gotten injured who knows what could have happened. A shame really. But I think they will rebound.

TO get back on topic, if Milan was looking at him I would definitely think he would be an ideal replacement for Seedorf.

22. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pirlo type player (excellent passing, through balls, great vision) but not quite as good and without the free kicks. He's 27 and has had basically one very good season. Could go either way, but at around €17m he could be well worth the risk. If he has another season like last he won't go for under €25m. Then again if Real come calling they might go back to their original valuation of €25m. Which is rediculous for a relatively unproven player at that age who is not a international. I think he would look great alongside Diarra.

23. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's great but going to Madrid would ruin his career, just like it did to Cannavaro, Cassano, etc.

Hopefully it doesn't happen.

24. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    D'Agostino is excellent at free kicks.

25. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    One thing besides all the big names RM ...is that RM have Pellegrini
    (Word to the big names ....he doesn't take BS from his Players)
    ...he's smart coach...look what he's done w/Mid Budget Villarreal.

Anyway, I believe D'Ago could do well in Pellergini's:
    # 1 Choice Formation - 4-4-2 (where is more like 4-1-3-2)
    He usually plays with one CM and AM and 2 wingers.. + 1 SS + 1 Fwd
    or formation he switches sometimes to...4-2-3-1

D'Ago takes very good F.Ks and P.K....