AC Milan official transfer, rumor, and speculation thread 9

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ETO99 redded

ETO99 redded Red Card

Feb 22, 2009
    6th lvl of hell
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OUR EMERSON REPLACEMENT:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OagG9opmjo"]YouTube - Palacios[/ame]

2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    usually youtube videos are pretty worthless for that type of player, but that was actually really impressive. he showed a lot of technique and intelligence, plus he had to make a lot of very quick decisions while being pressed and did well. some of those outlet passes to the right back were spot on as well.

3. ETO99 redded

ETO99 redded Red Card

Feb 22, 2009
    6th lvl of hell
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its sad that he went to tottenham and not ManU.

4. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Most indications say that Milan is due for a revamp after this season. At this point, who should stay and who should go?

Retiring: Maldini, Favalli

Go: Dida, Kalac, Kaladze, Nesta, Senderos, Emerson, Seedorf, Beckham (he has done well, but I'd rather get Gourcuff back), Sheva

Stay: Abbiati, Antonini, Bonera, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Ronaldinho, Borriello, Cardaccio, Inzaghi

Question Marks: Jankulovski, Flamini (does he really fit in here?), Ambrosini

Thoughts? Can Milan do what needs to be done and jettison some of the dead weight that has accumulated over the past few seasons, or will they continue to be the retirement home of Serie A?

5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I can't see Kaka sticking around for another UEFA Cup run.

6. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    neither can i, good thing he is not getting transferred to fiore...

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    lmao Well maybe. I'm sure he'd love to play behind Mutu and a bona fide top scoring threat ala Gilardino.

8. Chowbay10

Chowbay10 Red Card

Apr 4, 2008
    Maryland
    Hoppefully we can get a world class center back, preferablly from the Serie A because I certainly wouldnt want a young Thiago Silva and another center back (Agger) or who ever, who dont have any experince playing to flight Italian football. Santacroce would be my preference.

9. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    agger is probably a lot better then santacroce though. i have been hearing santacroce is having trouble breaking the starting 11 for napoli. i mean it could be our chance to jump in and grab one of italys most promising defenders....but as a starter i think agger is better

zambrotta/felipe---thiago silva/bonera---agger/senderos---antonini/jankulovski

i think that would be a good step in the right direction. i would also send darmian on loan. move strasser up to the first team. bring back abate, paloschi, di gennaro, and gourcuff...we will also have viudez who i think could turn out to be a decent player after his showings in the u20 south american cup. and we also have cardacio who will probably never see the field...

we gotta give some of the young guys a chance. look at davide santon, goes from a youth team player to the starting 11 after a very impressive coppa italia game against roma and consistant performances after that as well.

10. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, look at the bright side - we will probably sign a 34-year old midfielder to help us find the right balance :(

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  13. island.

island. New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Austria
    Club:
    AC Milan
    it's no news that bordeaux have the option to purchase him

14. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    hurray...Becks to lead us to the serie a title next season...:p:rolleyes:

15. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

16. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah neither can I.

So now management after not wanting to spend to get better have gotten so bad that they are talking about shedding some of their most prized assets.

Years ago I posted something to the effect of if management keeps up the trend of not holding on to players faaar after their prime and not replacing them with quality youngsters we'd end up in this situation.

Freakin foolish management try and take the easy/cheap way out 9 outta 10 times and get burned about 85% of time.

The fact that were talking about even the possibility of us playing in UEFA Cup (or whatever it'll be called next year) just shows you have far we've dropped in a very short period of time.

Managements arrogant, stingy, penny pinching ways and their lack of foresight has damaged this reputation of this club and has made it a beating stick for teams that we used to crush by the end of the first half of games.

I just wonder how far they will let this team sink before they either start spending money to get the correct players or sell the club.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Kaka won't leave until he is atleast 30.

18. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  19. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    He always said when his goals and managements aren't on the same page he'd leave.

If we don't build a team around that him that can start winning he'll leave.

This is the second year we will go trophyless. He'll hang around next year to play CL with us, but if we don't win at least one next that don't be so sure that he'll stick around.

20. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    haha. that one is hilarious for multiple reasons.

it presumes that we will actually spend that much.

and then it assumes that ferguson will actually part with two of his defenders for what has literally become peanut money in the EPL.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm quite sure managments goals are to win.

I wouldn't worry too much. Milan are just a couple defenders away from being a good team again. Kaka isn't the smartest guy around but I'm sure even he can see that. Milan are miles ahead of City anyway so going there would make no sense. It'll take City atleast five years to win a league title.

22. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    you're a fool if you think city is the club that kaka would leave for.

23. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he was never gonna go to city. if he leaves, he would go to madrid or chelsea.

24. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Intresting news, its being reported that Milan are set for a "Made in Milanello" era.
    Paloschi, Di Gennaro and Abate are apparently confirmed to be with the first team next season.

Davide Astori who can play as a CB or a Terzino Sinistro, and Luca Antonelli could also be recalled.

While Marchetti is going to be purchased.

And some names on our shopping list include, Agger, Lucio, Evans, Kuzimanovic, Thiago Motta and Adebayor.

Ofcourse, this is just news. Who knows what will happen.
    Personally, I wouldn't recall Paloschi yet, he should be loaned to a Serie A club.
    Nor do I think we should buy Kuzimanovic, Adebayor.

25. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, i wouldn't mind a made in milanello era...expect of late milanello has been making dross.

abate, paloschi (still needs a couple of years) are good enough for milan, and antonelli can be a nice squad player, and di gennaro as well could be a nice squad player, though i am losing hope given his inconsistency at reggina, though he has looked better of late, but do we really think that those players plus astori, darmian and some others are gonna lead milan back to the promised land???

let's get real, there are gonna need to be some other additions. marchetti has really impressed me and is one for the future and pretty cheap, and i guess since gourcuff will be redeemed by bordeaux for 15m, then that money will pay for him and the buy-back rights of a couple of those co-owned, but we still need to get another couple of very good players to add to those plus thiago silva.

my choices would be one of agger, santacroce, zapata, evans, or andreolli depending on how much we are willing to spend, and then a midfielder, kuzmanovic is good, hernanes would be my dream pick, thiago motta is good, but at that elite level is lacking, plus injury prone with a congested fixture...then a forward, i would like rossi to pair next to pato. he's quick, deadly, technical, and has a high work rate. surprisingly strong on the ball as well, but if you want to go in a different direction and not break the bank on benzema, eto'o, or villa, then adebayor might be fairly cheap as i believe he is still having some contract problems iirc???

granted, he is not world class, but he would be an upgrade over what we have currently (other than pato of course).

i know given the crappy economy, that milan can't spend much, so i guess we just have to make do with only a couple of purchases and try to finance those with sales of our own...if all goes well, then we should be able to field a team competitive in italy, and that can make it to the quarters of the cl, but next year without some big spending and/or some luck, no way we can compete with the european elites in the epl next season...