AC Milan official transfer, rumor, and speculation thread 7

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I'd be surprised if I don't see Flamini starting most games.

2. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice double negative.

3. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Thanks. ;)

4. Chubby

Chubby New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    feck, thats what we had for the whole last year - very "attacking" midfield, with Ambro playing a desperate blackjack in the attack... we needed a creativity, and finally when we might actually have it, you put Zeedorf on the bench. :confused::confused:

5. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pirlo is the "creativity" at midfield, Kaka and Ronaldinho are the "creativity" that links the midfield with the lone striker. If that's not enough creativity for you, join a ceramics class where creativity reigns supreme. This is soccer, and there just isn't enough room for Seedorf in our already ultra-"creative" lineup.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seedorf is perfectly capable of playing in the three man midfield. And I absolutely expect him to log as many, or more, minutes this year as Flamini, Ambrosini, Gattuso, etc. in midfield. He has played this role before in his first three years at Milan. People underestimate Seedorf's influence on our squad. He will be a very important player this year for Milan again.

7. shalom82

shalom82 New Member

Apr 27, 2008

Other people overestimate Seedorf's willingness to put in minimum effort against teams that aren't Man U, Roma, Inter or Juventus.

8. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that's a myth, imho, he has limited pace and stamina, but he gives what he can in that department when asked.

9. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i agree as much as i enjoy seedorf and what he brings to the team in strength, leadership, n ball skills..we have our kaka/ronaldinho/pirlo "creativity"..seedorf will be subs for them or take their position when tired/suspended/etc...as much as it sux its pointless to have so many creative players..u need a balance to make a team...i love gattuso/seedorf/ambro..but flamini will be there to play..i hope we can make more "midfield" subs to rest these guys rather than tactical decisions(inzaghi for gila crap) i want our fwds to come into the game n be there to win not just play like gila did( i liked the guy, he tried, but neva got the jjob done) now we have ronaldinho/kaka/pato/boriello...sub out gattuso at the 70th min n let flamini run the show for the end..sub out pirlo for ambro if were winnin...take kaka/ronaldinho out sum games where we r up by a lot( win is locked of course)..rest guys in games that they dont need to be goin 100% this will allow us to play more efficiently at the end of the year during the crunch time or serie a...uefa cup...copp italia...i for one wouldnt mind this lineup
    abbiati
    zambrotta--nesta--maldini---janks
    ---------pirlo---------------
    ----gattuso----flamini(or ambro)---
    kaka---------------ronaldinho-
    ------inzaghi( or boriello)....have pato/seedorf as go to guys as super subs..beauty is we can switch formation of team with simple subs...all our players r pretty much versatile allowing us to win...bring it on!

10. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're not taking into account that he personally said he did not want to play any deeper than the "trequartista" role right behind the striker. The one game where he was used as a central midfielder against Napoli, he went on a tirade against Ancelotti, saying that he hates playing that role, and that he should be used to his strengths. (which according to him is as only a second striker).

Not only that but he's a defensive liability, so why waste a spot that should go to Gattuso/Flamini/Ambrosini. We already have the playmaker in the midfield in Pirlo, Seedorfs role this year should be subbing for Kaka/Ronaldinho, and playing the games where those two need to take a break.

11. shalom82

shalom82 New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Yes. And I'll add that having Seedorf as a "super-sub" as they're called, is sure to be a good move. He will add quality to our bench, which up to now was sorely lacking in that dept.

With Bonera, Oddo, Ambrosini or Gattuso, a physically fit Emerson, Seedorf and Borriello/Inzaghi, I think our bench has finally got a few players that can turn in good performances when Nesta, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Flamini, Dinho and Pato need a break.
    I only wish Kaladze and Abbiati could be used as subs. I think that would be their ideal dimension.

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Seedorf will complain if he is bench and he will complain if he play any deeper. It a lose - lose situation really. As already mention he a liability at left mid and he also very inconsistant. It would probably be best to let him go replace him with someone younger and cheaper but I don't see milan doing that.

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    seedorf's a liability now...:confused:

14. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well if he's put in a deep midfield role, he is an obvious defensive liability because his most effective position is at second striker, not alongside Gattuso...

15. acecode47

acecode47 Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Jeddah
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Borriello suffered a distortion in his knee and is expected to be out for at least 60 days. according to a certain goal.com, inzaghi is injured too. pato is obviously on national duty and paloschi negotiating a loan move to torino.
    so, now ancelotti is either gonna stop paloschi's move or he's gonna make a move in the transfer market. I don't think milan has that many options in the market, especially after R80's transfer fees. we still have the likes of aubameyang and other primavera players who could get promoted, but, i'm not too sure of their capability to cope.
    now theres no way that good old galliani is going to get busy getting a promising young striker. i smell a loan move for either shevchenko or crespo :rolleyes:

16. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Never trust goal.com. They are the national inquirer of soccer sites.

17. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it was reported on the team web page. I still don't know the severity of it, but he definitely hurt his knee. :(

18. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Paloschi will get a lot of time with the first team during preseason.

19. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, the good thing is aubameyang's performance last pre-season put the bar so low for promoted primavera players, that as long as paloschi can trap a ball and complete 5-yard square passes, he'll look good.

20. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^^^ paloschi has already done enough last year in the few minutes he had to become worthy of a few chances... so i wont be too pissed to see him get a run out often... he could be our bojan...

are there confirmed reports as to how long he will be out? 60 days is a long time if its true... paloschi's loan deal will most likely be cancelled if that were the case...

21. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Except for the fact that he plays nothing like Bojan.

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was gone a month and the transfer thread almost nears 3000 posts. nice. About time for a new one.