ABC/All-Star Game

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by norfcath, Jul 30, 2002.

1. norfcath

norfcath New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Philadelphia
    You have to go to the MLS site to check out the article on innovations for the All-Star game broadcast. This sounds absolutely phenomenal.

2. robbief

robbief Member

Aug 7, 1999
    Boca Raton, FL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    get ready for f bombs galore, that is all that is ever heard during soccer games.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i don't think it will be that bad... it is an all-star match

my question is this, how many people are going to get an abbreviated version of the all-star match because their local abc sucks donkey balls?

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
  5. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I'm sure the players know about this, it's the fans you have to worry about. :)

6. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Ask Clint Mathis, it was only a friendly.

7. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

friendlies are played with players trying to make future call-ups

all star games are generally relaxed with players not wanting to injure themselves... thus not the intensity... remember last year's? i think the score was 6-6 with two sports bras

8. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    :D And in the past (Diallo's big year) the score was double-digits.

It'll be interesting to watch that's for sure.

9. BallStateMiddie

BallStateMiddie New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Nashvegas
    I would think that with all those nat sound mics, they probably have a delay on that would allow them to bleep the expletives. Even if it is an All-star game, I can't imagine they'd make it all the way through without an f-bomb here or there. On the other hand, this is 2002. Who knows, maybe they'll just leave it all on there.

10. AngelN

AngelN New Member

Oct 14, 1999
    last year's mic's on indiviual players picked up Donovan saying something like "it's crazy. it's like they're standing still," in reference to the defenders. not as bad as "Holy ************ing ************, these defenders are playing like they're ************ing standing ************ing still," but nonetheless not something MLS really wants to hear broadcast