Aaron Ramsey Jr thread - First Blood

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DutchCane, Oct 6, 2011.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no, he is Ramsey:)

2. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    you rational, scare mongering bastard!

3. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Going from strength to strength. Developing nicely as JW did last yr. Me likes

4. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    been seeing a lot more impact from theo lately...i think this has caused ramsey to disappear in recent outings. still ready for some actual depth in our middle three.

5. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Dissapear? Okay

6. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    fixed it...:rolleyes:

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ramsey is becoming the player we all wanted, I'm glad the injury hasn't stopped him tapping his potential

8. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yup.

Looking dopelicious now

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    looks more mobile than cesc, let's hope he developes his finishing and final ball a little more....alot more combative than cesc was too

10. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    He's gotta cut down on the cheeky pass attempts that end up being giveaways. I've said it before, its like his mind sees the killer sly pass, but his feet either responds too quickly or too late.

It definitely will come with time, but when it gets it right, its a beautiful thing ala Gervinho/RvP goal against Chelsea.

BTW, as stated in the first page of the thread if Rambo scores, don't be surprised if Castro kicks the bucket the next day.

11. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cesc was doing the same exact thing at his age (he was doing it even a few years ago, lol)

The fact that he spots it is a plus.

12. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Never been a fan of his really, people have overrated him because of his injury and seem to think he was ripping up the league before it, when he was actually doing very well, but no more than that. His close control is frustratingly poor, but wilshere could make up for that when they play together

13. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i'm assuming you are referring to the fact that he doesn't always pull off those through balls? if so, i totally agree. as you said, that he actually sees those passes bodes well for the future.

14. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    could you please find where anybody said he was "ripping up the league" before or after his injury? the only thing i can ever recall seeing with ramsey was that it was exciting to see a talented young player who is developing and getting better for us.

i disagree about the quality of his close control. i also question how another player could make up for it, either it's good or it sucks.

15. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a joke? The reason he was signed at the age of 18 is because he was one of the most technically gifted players in the British Isles. He cannot seem to score at the moment but he is doing very well in his first season of regular action.

And I raise the glass by saying that with him (and a few others) we are playing much more consistent football this season compared to the last four. If I remember correctly, we were routinely losing or drawing to lesser opposition in past seasons.

Give the lad at least two full seasons!

16. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wont find the exact quote but a lot of discussions ive seen about ramsey inevitably end up with someone go over the top about his pre-injury form, its sort of become a myth for a lot of fans.

Wilshere could make up for it because we would have a better balance in midfield - one player making great off the ball runs and the other with the abilty to keep things ticking when the midfield area gets tight. Arteta does it but is nowhere near jacks level and so atm we dont pass as fluidly as we did last season.

17. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No not a joke. His technique is decent but outstanding, he was signed mainly because he had great engine and excellent vision, not to mention a fierce shot as well. Great all rounder, but technical ability has a lot of room for improvement

18. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We don't pass with fluidity like last season because we don't have Cesc Fabregas.

I think what you are saying people are guilty of with Ramsey, you are doing the exact same with Jack.

19. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Did you watch fabregas last season? when he wasnt injured he was playing poorly as a result of poor fitness, and when he did play well he was playing nearer the strikers. It was jack in the heart of midfield making the team tick, not cesc. Barca game at the emirates summed up both their seasons in a nutshell

jack was voted player of the season for arsenal, voted pfa young player of the season, voted into the pfa team of the year. He was also the only player to turn up for us in the big games. Jack was outstanding last year

20. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Like I said, you are doing the exact same thing with Jack as with you claim others are doing with Ramsey.

And Cesc at 85% is better than nearly every midfielder in the world, and was still our best.

21. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Where have i overrated wilsheres season? all ive done is stated facts, and said that he would bring a better balance to our midfield than arteta. Do you seriously disagree with at? its obvious to anyone we pass the ball better with wilshere technical quality

And cesc was not our best last season. He was a liability and gave the ball away too much because he was in poor condition. Unless backheeling the ball to iniesta makes him one of the best in the world?

22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Arteta has already brought a better balance to the midfield than any Arsenal midfielder over the last 5 years just because he knows how to drop back when Song surges forward.

How many counter attack goals have we given up this season with Arteta in the lineup in comparison to the past?

And Cesc was not a liability, ffs

23. SirWellingtonSilva

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cesc wasnt a liability? how about him missing the carling cup final? how about him missing the fa cup quarter final? how about him knocking us out of the champions league himself? to say he was our best midfielder last season is ridiculous, you are just going by his big reputation

arteta is slightly better defending due to his experience, wilshere is FAR better going forward. Overall wilshere gives our game a better balance, especially our passing game, which needs his technical abilty as well as his ability to go past players

i guarantee playing with wilshere will make it easier for ramsey who will start looking a better player

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Prince, cesc was poor last year imo after a world class season

25. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006