A way to avoid draft by army in korea.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jamisont, Aug 29, 2002.

1. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    I was just a ssi-rum player in high school (Jang-sa class) and most people that I knew in same weight class didnt go to military.
    Anyway that has changed, they got rid of that weight/height limit.

2. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Probably in the form of complaining, griping and pouting. Yes. :D

3. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Navy?
    I'll try out for the Marines if they don't send rejects to the Navy. lol

4. Korean Tiger

Korean Tiger Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    The Marines don't send rejects to the Navy. They accept and reject the applications separately.

5. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
  6. krn_sweetie

krn_sweetie New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Ontario
    haha that's funny..
    where did this talk bout the goondae come from? lol
    it's all good -- good luck to all the guys goin and stuff... jks :p

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok in light of the announcement today about North Korea having nukes, how does this affect anyones decsion to avoid the draft there?

What is the consenus there about this announcement?

8. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    All the more reason to join up.

9. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    If NK's nuke is permitted somehow, then Japan and S.Korea will develope nuke within 6months~1year. then Taiwan will follow.. we will see bunch of Nukes in NE asia.

10. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    South Korea doesn't need nukes as long as the USA remains a close ally.
    If the US leaves, we'll need nukes delivered overnight.

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well then let me ask this, what should the US do? I mean we can take their nukes out pretty easy, they can only have limited delivery systems at this time, I doubt that they have mobile launchers yet.

I have no doubts that South Korea can develop nukes, Japan could as well, but I don't really see them going that route due to the history there, and Taiwan will not because it would create a war for sure with China.

12. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The soldiers will be the first to get protective gear and perhaps get a spot in a bunker.

13. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not a whole lot of protective gear will help you if you are in the blast zone. best bet to be in a concrete reinforced bunker with plenty of earth around you, and lead walls would help too.

I am interested to know what the yields are on these NK nukes. I really think they are either bluffing so as to get the US into 1 on 1 negs, (although I am not sure why they don't want anyone else there) and 2 if they have them, I expect them to use them in a pre-emptive strike on the DMZ and they will invade right after they blast open the defenses there, I am sure they are not concerned with the soilders who will be exposed to the radiation from the blasts that have to move through the areas.

NK may be desperate enough to goto war, they don't have much to lose, and if they goto war and lose then the World will bail them out with food and such, and if they should win, then they get the whole of Korea.

14. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    umm we can take their nukes out pretty easy?? umm how?

15. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Oh well thanks for sucking all the heroism out of my brave statement :D

16. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Exactly. No one knows exactly where they are.

17. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well they have limited resources to use a nuke, so first we use attack aircraft and take out their ability to first create more nukes, then using cruise missiles we strike all known missle silos that have the capability of launching a missile capable of carrying a nuke. Since there is a limited energy useage in NK, the areas drawing higher amounts of power would be logical choices.

Let me further state, that the fact that they have at most 4-10 nukes, makes the odds of taking them out by hitting their silos better then if they have 10-20.

18. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    The problem with launching a strike first is that it would be political disaster. I know that makes you just roll your eyes and sigh but remember this: In Vietnam, American and allied troops never lost a single major engagement against the North Vietnamese, but the North Vietnamese still won the war... and this was done politically.
    I know this is a sh1tty thing to say, but in order to launch an attack on North Korea, the North Koreans are going to have to attack first.
    If North Korea sold nukes to a terrorist group, then North Korea would be glowing overnight, but the North Korean leadership isnt that stupid. They know that by selling a nuke, it is THE END for them. South Korea won't be able to stop an American attack on North Korea either because at this point, the Americans have to assume that a nuclear weapon will go off in a major American city. And the Americans will be right to attack.

19. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    I guess you have absolutly no idea about N.Korea situation.
    Taking out their nuke plant is pretty easy.. just several cruise missiles would do it but the problem is the consequence of it. (millions of civilian casualty in Korea and probably Japan)

20. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    It's hard to think that way. He's thousands of miles away. It's perhaps the one part of the American paradigm that hits roadblock after roadblock overseas... they forget this one very important thing: People live there.

21. Vehementsnow

Vehementsnow New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    British Columbia
    ah.. military. always a good conversation topic for Korean males. I'm going in this year some time. If i had a choice i wouldn't go, but it's the card that korean males are dealt with. It won't be all that bad, I'm sure it will be an interesting experience, speciall for us koreans living abroad. Besides, you will not be respected in the Korean community if you don't go. Nothing worse than being an outcast in your own country. I could prob have attained a citizenship either in the US or Canada. But that also means losing my Kor citizenship. I rather serve 2 years than be a dickless wuss with a foreign passport. You guys know that Kang-ta(korean singer) tried to get out of the military service because he thinks he's to popular to go in? What a puss and a half. Someone please kill him if you see him. He brings nothing positive to the Korean community. He's not even a good singer.

22. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    If US strike N.Korea's nuke plant and missile bases, N.Korea will answer back with their 10000s artillery near border + bio/chemical weapons and probably Nuke with missiles (I dont think US can get rid of em 100%) to S.Korea and Japan.
    it will be total war, so IF US really wants to strike N.Korea, they should be expecting a total war. (not just strike first then wait and see, strike first and keep attacking till the end)

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not rolling my eyes at all, I think that the US will not attack at all unless provoked by NK military action. I think that is why Bush is so adament about not entering one on one neg, with NK, but is keeping to having China, SK, Japan all there to make sure that it isn't a US decsion to create a living hell over there.

I am curious as to how this news has affected people living in SK.

24. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Unless N.Korea give up nuke, we will see S.Korea, Japan, Taiwan developing nuke also, it will be worst scenario not only for US/Korea/Japan alsoChina. so China will do everything to persuade N.Korea.

Also as long as N.Korea is armed with nuke, they will be isolated more, probably exporting/importing with them would be banned in most countries. (even aid for civilians)

About S.Korea, this will prove that Kim Dae Joon (previous presdient)'s sun shine policy on N.Korea was nothing but illusion. Hope this changes pathetic left wing politicians (who's in denial that they were wrong)

25. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorry if I gave any impression that I wanted the US to attack first. I am trying to understand how South Koreans feel about all this.

With all that has gone on in Iraq, and with Iran, I do not think that the US will accept another war at this time. And not one that will be far more costly to the US in both lives and money.

As for a what if situation, the US has a stated policy that any nukes or weapons of mass destruction are used against US forces, we will strike back with the fullest extent of our arsenal. I think we all know what that means.

As for convental fighting, it is quality not quantity that matters. We can suppress the NK artillery with heavy bombers and precison strikes. Unless the NK's have spread out their artillery, cluster bombs are quite effective against the weapons they have. Hopefully this is all academic though and will not have to find out.