A way to avoid draft by army in korea.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jamisont, Aug 29, 2002.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ancient thread? now, wtf are u talkin about again?

in fact if ur saying that u saying u dont have time to waste on an 18 year old guy is an "ancient thread," thats what u said TODAY in THIS THREAD which is far from being a separate ancient thread that i had to look up..

if u thought i was a retarded mofo with down-sydrome like u to forget what i heard just an hour ago, then ur dead wrong..

i think u confused urself while u were dreaming about that fantasy homo boyfriend of urs..

ur by far the biggest retard i have ever seen in my life..

did ur mom drop u on ur head when u were a baby or something?

why u so retarded? seriously, im just wondering..

and how old are YOU by the way? i think u said something about u graduating from high school then joining the US army or some ********, so damn u should be pretty damn old..

but snap, u must be one low-life mother ********er to be an "old" man talkin smack to a so called "18 year old who's got no manner."

and i chose a wrong guy/girl to say "get the ******** off my nuts" to, eh? so i see, u wanna keep ur hope of riding on me?

keep trying, all i gotta do is to bitch-slap u..

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ill be damned...a Kegro (Korean negro) from Torrance, probably. Here sky...the first step to understanding is realization.

http://www.fathers.com/research/consequences.html

In the immortal words of Mushmouth (Fat Albert)...Skyhigh...you like school in the summertime....No Class!

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    wow...a homo from honolulu(no wonder ur gay). u r right, k:thewhore....the first step to understanding urself IS realization..

Medical Consequences of What Homosexuals Do

long live cyber pimp........K:theWhore....

4. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Imitation is the ultimate flattery.

5. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    being homo is the super ultimate flattery.

6. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Okaayy...that makes sense....youre so spinning u dont know whether to speak Konglish or Kegro, dammit!

We should be able to recommend people like you for military service.

7. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i should be able to recommend u to a rehabilitation for gay rapists..

8. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok this is stupid. Why don't you guys just quit while you're ahead?

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please let it go guys. Its time to get back to thread at hand.

10. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I second this. C'mon guys, this is not looking very good, for either of you. This reminds me of a time when I was a teen and I got in this back and forth slapping spat with a 12 year old cousin. I expected him to back down, since I was the hyung. But he did not. So, here we were, tit for tat. For a while afterwards, I felt embarrassed and ashamed that I lowered myself to that level.

K-core, how about showing some benevolence, as the older guy? And, Sky, show some deference as the younger guy? I say this with a straight face...give each other a positive rep.

I mean, what is up with that jerk Mani with all those positive reps? Must be fellow Iranians in a circle jerk. Let us Koreans support each other, okay?

11. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

Mani got those by whoring himself(like mother like son) through PM's asking people all throughout the boards to give him some reps when he just started out here. He hit me up with said PM a whiles' ago.

Me being someone who cares about internet message board reps as midget wrestling, needless to say I sufficed and tossed him a bone by giving him some rep points.

12. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    In a lame attempt to steer the thread another way....

I know this one dude at stanford who told me that even though he has a green card he can still be forced to join the korean military. He's studying for a PhD right now so maybe by the time he gets out of school he'll be too old for korean military service.

After reading about the pros and cons of military service, I guess those of us who weren't born in Korea should take a minute to be thankful that we don't have to fulfill that obligation unlike our cousins in Korea. Thank you mom and dad!

13. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why didn't I think of that?

14. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Even if you are born in US, you are still obligated to fullfill conscription duty unless you give up Korean citizenship.(if one of your parents have Korean citizenship, no matter where you are born, you also have korean citizenship)

Also they made stupid law like unless you give up your foreign citizenship by 18yrs old, you cant not give up korean citizenship unless you get excuse from Korean govn't.
    well another problem is that, US dont allow minority to decide his/her nationality.

15. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Err, are you certain about this? I can't imagine how SK nationals could be allowed to serve in the US Army - perhaps you are talking about the KATUSA (Korean Augumentation to the US Army) forces? The ppl who enter Katusha are usually those who can speak English (somewhat) fluently, and work as liasons between US force stationed in SK and the ROK Military. These soldiers are treated equally as the US soldiers of equal ranks, and are under the command of the US force - but they are still legally Korean soldiers and under the Korean law.

Where were you when you had this experience? In the US or Korea?

And thanks for that :)

16. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    i know canadians can serve in the US military, so maybe koreans can too.

17. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    hm, it seems like they've made the more stringent in the recent years. When my mom and I gave up our Korean passports about 9 years ago to get Australian Passports we didn't need to give any excuses to the Korean government.

18. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    haha, actually I didn't get a positive rep from him, but received a negative-rep instead - he meant to positive rep me but apparently made a mistake, it seemed. He apologised and promised to make up for it, but the next rep he gave me was also a negative one :)

19. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    someone compared serving in the US military and the SK military? it is totally different. i am no expert with the military stuff, but if u join the US military, they give you decent money, provide most of the tuition, and offer you lot of free time right? As someone else mentioned, serving in the korean military gives you like a $1 a day or something.

i think there is a new law now that says that if you left korea before you were six, you can apply and have the compulsory military thing removed.

and soju. i think you are like the only korean who has two squares next to your name. well, wargamer has two squares too but i dont think that really counts.

20. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Lee Dong-Guk's getting paid $30 a month! Woohoo! :)

Actually I think Otterulz's got 4 (btw is he a Korean NT supporter? Is he even a Korean?). Maybe we should get a project going and get someone like Otterulz max reps, or something - then maybe Korean_Football, Woojirim et c when they come back, hahaha. rkim wouldn't be a bad choice either but he's been rather quiet lately. Or we could all take turns rep'ing each other till we are maxed out, lol. ;)

21. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    When I was in the US Navy, I met a guy who was a Chinese national. He had a green card, but nevertheless, a citizen of China. I was thinking to myself, "How desperate is the Navy that we let Red Chinese join?"

I just remembered a totally useless detail about that guy. His surname was Wang, but it was written with the character for "king" and the samsubyon ("three waters") to the left of it...yeah, totally useless info, I know.

22. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh. Yeah, I'm a Korean-American, born and raised in New York. I support Korea as well as the US although I haven't followed either one too closely since the World Cup, mainly because I'm club before country and it's hard to get either nats team on TV. Luckily ESPN 2 has aired close to every single game the US has played in so I'm not totally in the dark. As for the rep, hey, if you guys wanna rep me I'm cool with that.

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in the US at Fort Gordon, Ga. I know they were in US Army uniforms in my Platoon. Still have the Pics of some of my friends.

Kim, don't recall the last name, said he had a choice between the ROK Army and the US Army and he chose the US.

24. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my good friend's (Korean-American) is in the Air Force. I know it's not the same as the Army, but after basic training, his life sounds pretty easy. He was stationed in Italy for a couple years and went to Udinese games on the weekends. He's stationed outside of Sacramento now and eats Panda Express everyday and plays X-Box at work with his co-workers. AND he's getting paid! How about that?

25. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I heard that the air force is much easier than the army or navy. When my brother was in the navy doing push ups, the drill instructor would say, 'now let's do one for the air force!' or something like that.