A way to avoid draft by army in korea.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jamisont, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I'm not sure why you keep saying this. My uncle was drafted in 1966 and he did plenty of shooting--in Vietnam, as I mentioned. Maybe it only applies to drafted soldiers today.

2. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Obviously he did plenty of shooting practice cuz he was at war. (guess who paid for those ammunitions)

My friend just discharged from military service and said he shot guns with real ammunition like 4 times (twice per year).

what did he do 26months there?
    lot of cleanings, working at farm during busy season for farmers, clean up garbages after floods,
    bunch of disciplines and chastise punish for stupid reasons from suepriors.

what Im trying to say is.. if they are gonna keep this system, its fine, just reform it that works better.
    pay the soldiers properly for their time there, dont squeeze them out using their patriotism.

3. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Am I imagining this, or are you sending hostilities my way? I have no disagreements with you that the ROK Army is not a great organization. I hate the fact that this putrid group was responsible for all the military gangsters that led SK for many years. Any group that was led by Kim Sokwon (also known as Kaneyama Shakugen when he was in the Japanese Imperial Army) in its infancy can't be all that great. I'm all for reforming the ROKA.

4. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Question

So did you serve in the Korean military? Did you do your time?

5. question

question New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Re: The bad old days

Thats weird. The other information I got says otherwise. I had some friends who were stationed in Korea, and according to them the ROK army is very well-trained. I heard the samething about the ROKs who were in Vietnam.

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    im trying to stay neutral here cuz i aint in any kinda position to say ******** when it comes to korean army and i dont wanna sound rude or nothin, but were u ever in the korean army before? or are u joining the army soon?

if u werent/arent, then u gotta shut the ******** up..

7. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    And who the fu ck are you again?!? I volunteered for the U.S. Navy after High School, fool. What have you done SH?

Listen, If I was born and raised in Korea, Id have absolutely NO problem joining the army as conscript. NONE. ZIP. You dont know me.

My disagreement with this thread (which by the way is ancient) is that, joke or none, its a complete disgrace...especially when the poor and disadvantaged are probably the highest representation in the Korean military to begin with and you have a bunch of movie stars, richdicks, and celebs scamming ways to get out of it. Please ask me if I give a shiet if you have a career to get on with....

You think this thread is still funny? Go fu ck yourself.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I heard little Chun Soo is stuck in Korea ? Cause he havent joined the army, didnt understand.

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    bitch please and think twice about ur twisted KP..

"IF" u were born and raised in Korea...lol YOU go ******** YOURSELF, homie.

10. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

How old are you?

And how far are you deepthroating that silver spoon of yours?

11. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Yeah, that wasn't at all racist.

12. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    im 18 but much older mentally than ur ************ ass..

deepthroating silver spoon? bitch get off my nuts.

13. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

This thread rocks. ********ing hilarious stuff guys.

I completely understand those who want nothing to do with going into the Korean military and also understand those who DON'T understand why some are so reluctant towards the Korean military.

It's really a game of misunderstanding from both sides. Dudes who know intricate details of the Korean military are the ones who are so adamant about trying to get out of it and dudes who are clueless in those details of the Korean military are those who can't understand why so many are hesitant towards it.

I'm on the side where all men should without a doubt experience 현역 military life and serve the country regardless of the horror stories that come out of it. But at the same time I also completely understand and sympathize with those who don't want to serve our military.

I graduate college in two years and I'll be going back to serve my military duties. I'm even thinking of going into 해병대. If I'm going regardless, why not just go all the way, right.

14. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    lol, I wonder what will 13th redneck say when he sees this thread...

Anyways, as a non-Korean citizen I've lost my RIGHT as a citizen to serve in the Korean Military some years ago. Personally, I feel ashamed when I meet my friends in Korea who's all served in the military, that I wasn't able to achieve much while these guys gave up 2 years and a bit of their prime years languishing in an institution that really don't do much to help them in their professional careers.

That being said, while I 'understand' some of the opinions presented in this thread I must admit that I generally agree with K:the core in this issue.

Look, I think someone mentioned that since only about 60% actually go to the military, and 40% get to escape it, the system's obviously flawed and why should 'I' be a victim of the injustice? Firstly, I'm not too convinced about the figures, and secondly, that statistic is overlooking the fact that there are many legitimate reasons for exemptions. There are surprisingly large physical defects that don't affect the every-day life but can become a valid cause to obtain exemption (and this was exploited by quite a few entertainers and rich kids). Then the majority of the exemptions are granted to those who are deemed to have 'skill's that are useful to the nation e.g those pursuing postgraduate degrees in science and engineering et c.

But of course there are those schmucks who cheat the system with their money& backgrounds - we call them parasites. Just see what happened to those who got caught;
    1. Lee Hwe-Chang - he was the likely candidate to win the presidential election in the last 2 elections, but when it was discovered that his 2 sons had both evaded by conscription by exploiting loopholes his popularity plummetted and he never really recovered after that;
    2. Yoo Seung-Joon - banned from working in Korea indefinitely;
    3. Song Seung-Hoon, those baseball players et c - got sent to the military immediately;

So would you really want to be like one of those parasites? Heh.

Besides, the situation of Korean Military is something that was inevitable from the beginning; Just after the War the country was poor and there was still a huge threat in North; unlike NK who put much of their effort into building stronger military, SK put more effort into developing the economy - and to stand against NK's might SK had to spend minimal amount on the wages of the soldiers and place more emphasis on spending the budget on better equipment. And that strategy worked - in the late70's&early 80's the SK's GDP finally overtook that of NK, and by the 90's SK's military became definitely more powerful than NK. And now SK can spend so much money on upto date equipments than not only NK but Japan(relatively) as well as most other major countries, because hardly any % of budget is being spent on the actual soldiers' maintenance(I guess this doesn't really apply as an advantage over NK anymore, however).

Then about the military experience itself... Well, as I've said, I've never experienced it myself. But there are plenty of close ppl around me who's been to the MF - relatives, friends - and really it's not that bad, and the general state of affairs have been improving steadily for years. Sure there are bound to be some horror stories (and I also have a few friends who werent's so happy about it), but this is something that most Korean youths go through, and I don't believe Korea's full of ppl who feel deprived because they've served in the military. If you are a Korean and is living in Korea, it's as much as a right as it's duty to serve in the military - that's for having been born in a country that's been in a state of cease-fire for the last 50 years.

About the level of readiness and training of the troops - it's a full of crap about how the military service don't train one as a real soldier. Korean Military is regarded as one of the more disciplined forces in the world - and to make sure that the discharged citizens don't forget what they've learned in the military, those who served in the military are required to take Reservist training several times a year for many years :)

15. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    During the World Cup, I was watching the Spain match against Slovenia in Kwang-Ju (I believe) with the only, but a large group of Spanish contingent. Throughout the game, we saw in front of us a large segment of supporters who were shaved, and were all wearing white uniforms. As the game ended, members of this group wanted to take photos with the foreign fans, so they all lined up to take photos with the funny foreigners. Anyhow, I asked one of them if they belonged to a club or organization, and one explained to me they were all soldiers. For a second, I gave a blank stare, as I was taken aback. What was shocking to me was that in front of me was simply … a kid. The lad looked like he was only sixteen, and it was frightening to think that so one so young could be facing the trauma and ordeal of combat. I thought to myself that it was heart wrenching to conceive that these boy soldiers could possibly be used as canon fodder, while they are being thrown into the horrors of war.
    Say what you may say, the issues and history between the divisions of the Korean peninsula are complicated, nevertheless, conscription has been part and parcel of Korean society for the past fifty or more years because of these complications. Certainly, the chances of war are dwindling between the two Koreas. In recent times, what had tremendously benefited South Korea, and the maintenance of peace, has been the countries that geopolitically surround the peninsula: Russia, Japan, and most importantly China. I think one can go as far as to say that the Chinese now have a foreign policy that actually supports South Korea. Most Chinese are becoming restless of North Korea, most specifically North Korea constantly asking aid from China. In one sense, China has been hinting on the possibility of reunifying the two countries, as they want South Korea to foot the bill for North Korea, in lieu of them. If reunification does seem immanent, conscription can be a domestic policy that can be phased out –but this is altogether another matter.

16. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh yeah...you were that goofy kid who was posting his pictures on some thread over here not too long ago. Bad decision, guy.....

18 huh? Ok...Im not wasting anymore time on u. When you get a bit older and get over your extreme case of vaginitis, get ahold of...actually...nevermind.

17. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    just shut up.

pictures? wtf u talking about? i never posted any pictures on this board, ********face..

18. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Id dig back for them, but going back to three month old discussions to start shiet is better left for 18 year old, snot-nosed, masturbating punks.

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    what the ******** is this e-pimp talkin' about?

u, the homo, wish i post my picture so u can please urself every night..

but my bad, queefer..

i like bitches..

i dont have enuff homoNESS in me like ur ************ ass to post picture of myself in a forum full of guys..

change the name of this thread to "K:theWhore revealed"

20. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's thinking of toohyper. I think he was posting his pics or some crap in a thread somewhere.

21. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Queefer? Homoness? K:theWhore?

The insults of an insolent child. An angry lad whose Father probably dug out early. Probably a midnight billboard tagger or proud (why?) owner of a rice rocket. Baggy trousers. Probably shaves the sides of his head wtih a bit of obnoxious whipped back turf on top. Acne is an issue on the forehead and along the cheekline. Bitches? You mean on the pages of Penthouse tucked underneath your mattress?

Should I get out of this sandbox or continue my spanking? I got some time left before the bell sounds. Funny...was aching for a slingwar....just didnt think it would be with a yellowbelly draftdodger.

22. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol @ this homo.

look at this ************..

its not too long ago when this infamous e-pimp 'k:thewhore' claimed that he/she's too cool to waste time on an 18 year old, but look who's writing an evaluation essay, describing his/her fantasy sex partner here with rhetorical questions and body paragraphs..

continue spanking? LOL!!

listen up e-pimp, how many times do i have to ******** all over ur face for u to acknowledge the fact that ur ass is lame?

if u really dont have any time to waste on an "18 YEAR OLD" since ur e-pimpin personality is too cool, then can u please get the ******** off my nuts?

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Come on guys, stop .. Ridiculous

24. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One thing I haven't seen written in this thread is that while the ROK Army has conscription, there is also a choice among at least some in South Korea to join the US Army.

Now I can say this for fact, cause while I served in the Army Reserve, I met about 50 in school who were Korean Nationals who were serving in the US Army in lieu of the Korean Army.

I would also say that the ROK Army is a very fine force. They train alongside the US Army and Marines and they work hard at what they do. I am glad they are on our side.

25. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

SO lets see, you dig up an ancient thread and single me out, telling me to F off? You were obviously looking for a scrap so exuse the merciless nut busting. You picked the wrong guy.

Learn some manners biyatch or be prepared, its a simple as that.

Most people learn that before the tender age of 18.