A way to avoid draft by army in korea.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jamisont, Aug 29, 2002.

1. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    well drafting army in korea is like retirement for unknown, average pro soccer players.
    Those who are selected in army and police soccer team are lucky ones and they only select around 30 players a year.

I found there's a way to avoid this.. If you have 3+ families to suport, then you are off the hook.
    so right after high school, get married and have 2 children and you are done.

2. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    ah...shoot...

3. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Re: Re: A way to avoid draft by army in korea.

but if ur wife is working it doesnt work

try swallowing foil gum wrappers before they take an X-ray

itll show like u have holes in ur stomach

or just show them a map of seoul and tell them "i will lay money on whatever part of the map u can reach with one palm." and then do as in the korean way "lay grass" (money)

4. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Re: Re: Re: A way to avoid draft by army in korea.

oh that sux.. I found another way.. and it works perfectly.
    actually my friend did this.
    Put some make ups, dress up like a girl, and go to army physical checkup and they will consider you as mentaly unstable.

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I know this a joke thread

But anyone who avoids Korean conscription is lame!

Seriously...

6. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    why? u basicaly waste time for 2 1/2 yrs with no pay. by the time u got out of army, you will be 2 1/2 yrs behind in your profession. Imagine if you are in technology profession.

7. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WHY???

How about duty of country for one thing...There were many men who died before you just so you could have the priviledge to be typing from where you are...hate to be killjoy but thats the reality of the situation.

8. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Re: WHY???

well I understand how importnat this duty is, but time has changed, so rule should be changed to fit.

those drafted soldiers are basically useless and worthless in modern war.
    we all saw how 1.2 million soldiers in Iraq disappeared quickly during Gulf war.

They dont even get proper train to be real soldiers (ask ppl who actually went to army), instead they are used for cheap labor by government.

9. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think thats a little warped. Think about what youre saying before writing down whatever comes to your mind comrad.

Having men and not having men at the parallel are two entirely different things. Whether or not they get mowed down in the very early stages of an attack is completely moot in my mind. We all know the risk of attack from the North is pretty low at this point in the 'game.' But that doesnt mean we pack things up and you or I get a free ride, does it? The men who serve there provide a necessary security and more over a symbolic deterrant. I guess Im kinda amazed you dont realize this!@?!? Why else are NK commandos trying to infiltrate into the south by means of treacherous submarine operations?

Your comments are very typical of a younger more selfish Korean who has not yet come to appreciate who and what has come about during the development of our country. Just like everything else in life, it is give and take.

Ask yourself this hotshot...if the north attacked the south today, would you proactively enlist?

If you were a man, I think youd say yes. Well to me, trying to avoid conscription in the same sense, is equally the wrong thing to do.

my two cents.

10. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    and i am so very sure that you would love to go to the army.

11. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    do you know how corrupt the army system is? my seon-be knows of a guy who died of appendicus in the army... but the army guys covered it up as a suicide. bring it up to court? Korea isn't like usa. the gorvernment and big organizations will end up winning all the big cases. When all those rich men's son skip army and go chill in the beach, you expect foreign based koreans to go to the army? god knows how those people who don't know perfect koreans be abused... how much alcohol they will be forced to drink... how much they will be discriminated. how japan based koreans will be called jjog bbal ee and so on.

don't tell me to serve the national duty when the nation does not serve its duty for me.

12. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    and your comments are very typical of califonian koreans, who hold up their kp values uselessly so much, that they don't even bother learn to speak english.

13. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    I know its very corrupted, and its totally waste of time to spend 2 1/2 yrs in army.

if you get sick in army, forget about getting proper treatment.
    there are just 2 medicines there, Aspirin and 'Pal gan yak'-disinfectant.
    Ive seen several cases men dying due to not getting treatment in time for appendicitis.
    there are medical officiers there but they are not real doctors, most of them are just college students who are majoring biology.

well basically those average drafted soldiers will be just used as waste in case of war.
    they are just there to be used as bullet shield for real army, so they dont even get proper trainings.

they get 4 weeks basic training, and that's it.
    they spend most of their training on RUNNING just like atheletes.
    what do they do in army? well like stock boys, they move stuffs and store stuffs. in case of disaster, they go out and clean up trashes.

what do you learn in army? nothing.. well maybe you might learn how to play brutal soccer game.

14. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Viva Korea? Youre a joke, man.

You sound like an african-american with all your pent up frustrations and complaints. We all know its tough to be in the Korean army, and we've all heard the horror stories. Youre going to hear about it in any country that has an army, ok?

No one said anything about loving the army or wanting to go to the army here. Try reading the posts next time, ok?

Im just saying its your DUTY? D...U...T...Y
    THINK...There were thousands before you who died to help keep Korea democratic. There were millions before you and probably millions after you who will help maintain Korea's peace.

And you want a free ride?

15. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    I know very little about Korean Army life so all I can really say is if it was fair for everyone, it wouldn't be so bad. The problem is, the richer you are, the smaller your chance of getting drafted. That is cruel and unjust.

I have worked with some members of the Korean armed forces, and their lives do suck, but I know they enjoy the opportunity to practice English and work with Americans (if they're among the lucky ones who don't have to go into the field).

Also, from what I've seen on BigSoccer, most of the Korean posters have good enough English that they may get a better job.

I'm just curious -- how many of you reading this thread have actually served in the Korean military?

16. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    try reading MY posts before you ask me to read yours. I stated my reason why i do not want and see no DUTY to go to the army. Should I serve a duty to a system that is corrupt? if you were born in Nazi Germany, would you "serve your country" and kill all the jews? this is a very poor example, but it shows my point.

I will not support a corrupt system.

while your point is,

you are a korean so you have the DUTY to go to the army. (no matter how corrupt it is)

loving korea, and loving the korean government is different.

17. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    ok ok. we know how manly and patriotic you are to your country. you are the toughest californian stud out there who weightlifts 5 hours a day. i got your point that you are brave and that you are not afraid of anything.

but mean while, don't ever tell me about what having a tough time is about.

18. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Until things change in our country, this is the way its going to be and no president or leader is going to change the "corruption" of the army. jeez...cry me a friggin river. You should entitle each of your posts with the words "I want a free ride."

Nice analogy with the Nazi thing...you wouldve been better off trying to prove to me that apples are the same thing as oranges. Your comparison told me all I need to know about your mindset.

Its been nice chatting with you.

19. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    and they say democracy is so great huh? yea! right...

20. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    The bad old days

My uncle served in the ROK army, and all he recalls was being hungry. He and his buddies found creative ways to use the M1 Garand rifle to catch fish from a river. His training consisted of duckwalking up a hill, being beaten with a broomstick and kicked in the shins with steel toe boots.

Also, he served in Vietnam, where he was supposed to receive the same wage as a U.S. GI, courtesy of the American gov't. He got 1/8 after all the embezzlement. He was lucky to get a stomach ailment and get sent back home a month early. Two weeks later, his batallion practically got wiped out in a VC ambush.

From hearing from my cousin, who served recently, there are less beatings. There are plenty of mindless tortures though, like propping yourself on your forehead and toes, with a toothpaste cap between your forehead and the ground. Scary, considering that most of SK's presidents have come from this organization.

21. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    yes... until things change... Do you want things to change? I do. If you want things to change, you don't stick up with whatever they do. While all the army generals pay big cash to upper army generals, to get better position, so you can receive more money from lower officers, you want underlings to go in and serve 2 years in the army?

With your attitude, French revolution would never have taken place. We would just follow the top leaders and do as they tell us to do. you do not know how to speak up against the culture and expectations of your society.

get a life. the korean military draft is nothing meaningful nor honorable thing to do. People only go because they don't want to go to jail.

only thing usefull is that you learn how to work... but instead, but you become "simple." you forget how to think creatively. one of the reasons why koreans study 30 times more than americans but american economy is 30 times better than korean economy.

22. foreverjunjun

foreverjunjun New Member

Sep 15, 2002
    your freaking middle school brain don't know how to think. you acutally think korea is still a democracy because we have a army draft system? you are out of touch with the real world. Korea is still a democracy because we have a big economy. North korea never got a chance to attack us because as time went by, we got better, stronger weapons. its not because south korean government decided to take in some college students and "train" them by making them fight against student riot groups, clean superior's desk with tooth paste, make your shoe "shine" and learn to iron your cloth. i don't belive i had to explain that north korea didn't attack south korea because of the draft system.

and you think i'm getting a free ride? how long have you lived in korea? i probably paid more tax than you... therefore, you are getting more of a free ride than i am getting.

you should wake up from your ideology dream.

23. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    well even if I want to go to army, I cant.
    They said I was too big to go to army in physical checkup so I got exemption.
    But they frigging messed up my life.

I graduated high school in US so I visited korea to meet friends and relatives before I go to college.
    I visited Korea several times before but that time, I had to provide them draft exemption cuz I was 18yrs old.
    I had to hire a lawyer to fight this and it took me more than 3 months so my enrollment in college was canceled.

24. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Re: The bad old days

those drafted soldiers arent real soldiers, and they dont even get decent training to be soldier.
    what they get is 4 week basic training and thats it.
    rest of time, they work on running, duckwalking, pushups, etc just like athletes.

in case of war, those soldiers will be used as 'waste'.
    they are just there to delay enemy's advance, so real soldiers could prepare for war in time.
    so why do army really have to train them hard? since they will be nothing more than waste in war?

You learn absolutely nothing in army, its totally waste of time.
    thats why clever ppl dont want to go to regular army.
    if they cant avoid this, they would apply as officer or ROTC, so they would learn something.

25. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Constitution
    article 32-1 People have duty of national defense by the law
    article 32-5 people shouldnt get disadvantageous treatment by duty of military service.

Çå¹ý 39Á¶ 1Ç×."¹ý·üÀÌ Á¤ÇÏ´Â ¹Ù¿¡ ÀÇÇÏ¿© ±¹¹æÀÇ Àǹ«¸¦ Áø´Ù"

Çå¹ý 39Á¶ 2Ç×."´©±¸µçÁö º´¿ªÀǹ«ÀÇ ÀÌÇàÀ¸·Î ÀÎÇÏ¿© ºÒÀÌÀÍÇÑ Ã³¿ì¸¦ ¹ÞÁö ¾Æ´ÏÇÑ´Ù"

In reality, only 60% of male in S.Korea go to army. 40% dont.(So the system already isnt fair)

Around 30 countries in the world have conscription system, but military serving time is only around 9 to 18 months except Israel.

How much drafted soldiers get paid in Korea?
    less than 2 cents per hour. (20 won)
    Even Mongol pays 300 US$ for their drafted soldiers per month.
    Even criminals in jail makes 3~4 $ per day, and soldiers in Korea makes 40 cents per day.

Those drafted soldiers arent real soldiers.
    ask them if they ever shot guns with real ammunition. probably twice a year or so.