A special thread that's sure to rile up Dimuha

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by metros11, Jan 8, 2009.

1. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't pay mind to these rankings. They're too fleeting to matter. At least UEFA coefficients system go back 5 years.

UPL is above RPL in these rankings, I bet, solely on the fact that ukraine still has 3 teams in UEFA Cup and RPL has 2. It's not a serious enough ranking to care about.

And I am a big UPL fan. Go figure.

Now, on to the main point of the thread:

Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine

UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL UPL

Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine

3. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Another reason to madden Dimochka:

Club World Ranking

P.S. --> I do not care about these rankings either. I just want to see the comedy in Dima's responses :)

4. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Like I give a chit. The Mexican league is on there for crying out loud, has anyon ever watched the Mexican League ? It's a friggin' joke.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cristiano Ronaldo is rumored to be signing a deal with Shakhtar, while David Villa has been linked with Dynamo. Ronaldo was quoted as saying, "I heard that traffic fines were much lower in Ukraine, and that people with money have more leway when dealing with the police." David Villa has long been rumored to be interested in a Dacha Northwest of Kiev.

6. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are the worst rankings I have ever seen.

7. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I actually think that the Mexican League has a hidden second competition every game - who can kick the ball higher.
    How many times have you seen a player just whack the ball as high as possible, and the rest of chmoes stand there and look up with bewilderment and appreciation?
    So if a team gets 3 or 4 really high kicks, equivalent to the top of the stands - they kinda chill on the footie front, since they've won "high" contest.
    I've never watched Ukie league - but I wonder if Zarya - Ahtyirka is on a level above or below Tigres - Morelia?

8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Diiiimuuuuhaaaa :D

9. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Two words to decribe the Mexican league..."Headless chickens". Not to mention, the jerseys suck, and somehing about the atmosphere at the games makes me want to yack.

10. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm guessing you didn't attend Chivas USA v. Chicago Fire?

11. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I'm not paying money to see that.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I'm not saying they play good football, but when I happen to catch a game on the mexican channel I'll watch some of it. I like the creativeness and individual on the ball play by some of the players. Gives me ideas when I go out and play, but for those that don't touch a soccer ball I can see why you wouldn't like it ;)

13. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Bwahaha. Skill on the ball ? The passing is absolute chit in that league. If they were so skillful they'd have a higher culture of passing.

14. Begemot

Begemot New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I went to see Chivas USA vs Houston Dynamo at the end of the season, was hysterically awful. Totally worth it just for the comical incompetence of both teams.

15. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Where the hell did you find me talking about passing?? Creativeness and deceitful dribbling skills are what I like from Mexico.

16. Dimuha

Dimuha Member

Oct 18, 2007
    northpole Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Easier to pull off in acht league.

17. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isn't houston one of the best teams?

18. Begemot

Begemot New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Yes, doesn't mean they are not pretty abysmal. This is MLS we're talking about.

19. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    why wouldn't you watch an argie game instead?

20. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please... outside of the top clubs in the RPL the MLS is on par.

21. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    the year is young - but it might make it as a quote of 2009, mayhaps you meant upl

22. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whooaaaaah there, cowboy...whaddya mean, out of the top 5-6 RPL clubs, the MLS is "on par? if you meant otherwise, you're way off. I've watched American domestic soccer all my life, from NASL to MSL to MISL to USL to A league to MLS. NASL was a vastly underrated league, and if NASL and UEFA could have gotten their act together back in the day, that would have made for some interesting trans-Atlantic competition.

Having said that, modern day MLS is nowhere near being on par with the RPL. I don't watch enough of the UPL to comment with any degree of authority, but I highly doubt any MLS team in current consistency would have survived either the UEFA Cup KO rounds or finished 3rd in even the weakest CL group.

I'd even wager that BATE Borisov in MLS wins the league - name me a MLS team that recently goes on the road and is unlucky not to beat the UEFA Cup champs, in addition to giving one of the giants of European/Italian football the ride of their lives and basically drawing the short straw in a game that anyone who watched would agree they deserved to win.

Now - take ANY MLS team, substitute said team name for BATE in the aforementioned paragraph - same results? Highly unlikely, in fact I would say impossible.

MLS improves year by year, that much I will agree. But they are not the proving ground for USA soccer, as so many MLS adherents like to claim - maybe that will change someday, but right now, the best US NT players ply their wares in Europe - they may cut their teeth in MLS, and I am glad there is a domestic league for that sake, but if the US NT wants to take the next step and develop players like Altidore, etc - Europe is the place for that, not MLS.

23. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your post ;)

24. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS does really suck. I think teams other than the top clubs in RPL could do very well in the MLS. And I think BATE is legitimately good. BATE would win MLS for sure.

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Because I don't have FSC or GolTV whichever shows it, would be nice I imagine. Its not like I watch the Mexican League, I probably haven't caught a game in almost 2 months, but when I see one come on I'll usually be somewhat entertained by the players.