A question from Kuwait

Discussion in 'Korea' started by nazzo, Nov 21, 2004.

1. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I want to know what the Koreans think of Kuwait as a soccer team now, specially that Kuwait is sinking from bad to worse.

What do Koreans think of Kuwait eliminating China out of the WCQ 2006.

Thankyou and the best of Luck to all Asian teams.

2. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    I have been around Korean soccer boards and they appear to be a bit uneasy about the fact Kuwait has been strong against Korea for some inexplicable reason. However most are confident that Korea will get at least one win and one draw should they meet next year.

When the match was going on about 98% of Koreans were cheering for kuwait. But that was more of "against china" than "for kuwait". However there are significant some who think that it would have been better had china advanced because for Korea china would be easier opponents(Korea is probably unique in this regard. Korea neve lost to china in +U23 matches).

3. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    I don't think too much of Kuwait now given that half depleted Korean NT beat Kuwait 4:0 in the last AC.

I wanted to see China advance (most Koreans probably rooted for Kuwait). I still believe China will be the 5th team to join the elite 4 (Iran, Japan, Korea, KSA) and improve Asian football in general.

4. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    I was glad the Chinese were out. For a while their egotistical chest beating really turned me off. This ought to put them where they belong.

5. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    thx for the replies :cool: