A plea to our media

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I'm fcuking magic!

2. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    If that's the case then I lost even more respect for the Crew organization. If Cunningham is being held back for punishment, then it should be stated. People will tolerate that, in fact I think people would respect the coach and organization for taking such a step. It would show that players can't jack around and expect to play. It happens all the time in other sports, and I haven't heard anyone complain about it.

Perhaps the Crew are planning on joining some march in D.C. for equal rights, end to war, or something else.

3. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    Jeff Cunningham a Prima Donna????? NNNOOOOO.

You had to see this coming as Buddle and McBride got healthy. Here's a guy who desperately believes he just can't get a fair shake - a la Andy Williams. Great ,but underdeveloped, talent with a chip on his shoulder.

Too bad for him and the Crew. Trade him.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    you got something to back that up.

i am sick of people telling me how they see him practice and how "fine" he is or tell me how they see him at some club dancing with a bunch of hoes. so he is at a club, last year after i had surgery on my knee <for my meniscus> i was kicking at the local hot spot...big freaking deal...

i personally saw him the last week after a pick-up soccer game over at antrim park and he talked to a friend i was with who knows him, he is still recovering from his mcl strain. he was hoping to be back for the new england game but the organization <the crew doctors> decided to keep him at home, he will be on the bench and ready to play this weekend at home.

"carson daly" are you kidding me with that name? would you like jennifer love hewitt's phone number?

5. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    If your assumption is true Fid - I'll personally apologize to the man. However, he's living with the rep he built over the last 5 years so it would be a WELCOME and timely turaround. We need the real JC to get back in the line up.

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    trust me, i hate his rep more than anyone but you are right, he brought it upon himself. i think he could be, and sometimes was, a really amazing player in mls...

personally i would like to see nothing more than this team to turn it around and make the playoffs, then make a great run and make the mls cup...capping it off with a victory. the team has the talent to do it...just a matter of "will" at this point.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Calm the hell down. He picked that name cause I call him that. I've been calling him that for like 2 years.

Fit or not fit. Jeff is one girlfriend beating away from being the new Stan Collymore. He could have been good. He could have been great. But he probably never will be.

8. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An instant classic.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I can't understand why Stan the man wasn't included in the WC squad in 2002, he's great at beating Swedes.

10. scott tann

scott tann New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    columbus, OH
    i think i picked a great time to get married, go on my honeymoon, and drop off the face of the soccer planet. that game on sunday was... was...

ah forget it. i'm still a little queasy.

bye bye everyone, i'll be back for the F*re game. suffer without me.

[evil laugh]
    ooh wha ha ha ha ha
    [/evil laugh]

11. Carson Daly

Carson Daly New Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Columbus
    thanks Eggy

12. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he's saying that producing is the last thing on their minds, yet on DC? So are they sitting around scared, thinking of a thrashing they're gonna take? Are they afraid of the evil DC supporters that will taunt them? What the hell does this mean? If he means that they aren't thinking about the pressure, then that's bullsh!t. Greg is the biggest load of sh;t quotes in this league. The man makes me vomit when I have to keep smelling the monkey dung coming out of his mouth.

13. Carson Daly

Carson Daly New Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Columbus
    fidlerre

why don't you calm the fcuk down. You diffend Cunty like he was your fcuking lover. Trust me I know the truth. and any way I don't have to prove *#*#*#*# to you . believe if you want other wise shut the fcuk up

14. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Someone's drunk.

15. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK everybody, let's all center our Chakras here, possibly grab some crysta;s and commune with our spirit guides a bit.

There. I know I feel better. Now no more of this unseemly behavior. Group hugs!!!

The real issue here is this:

What is wrong with Scott Tann that he's gotten married? Have we taught him nothing? Where have we failed?

Ah well. Order the man a minivan.

16. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    He's must be under the false assumption that it's free pu$$y from here on out.

17. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    whoa. didn't see that coming.

18. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    put down the handle of jack...and walk slowly away.

19. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'd be cheaper to just hire hookers.

20. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Information I could have used a couple of months ago....I guess there's still time

21. Sneever Flion

Sneever Flion New Member

Oct 29, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Not really. Before you know it, you'll be hear. Jackass, everyone of us.

22. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the link; I added some musings of my own over there:

Never win an argument. Particularly if you're absolutely, positively right and she is as wrong as it is humanly possible to be. You will forget about the whole thing in five minutes. She will NEVER forget about it. Ever.

Be very careful in the words you choose. Little comments that feel like pebbles to you are huge, gargantuan boulders to them.

They did a survey once, and the honest truth is this: 87% of married women said they would rather see a man standing at the sink washing dishes than dancing naked in the living room. This is inconceivable to us. We would go for them dancing naked if the damned kitchen was on fire.

Repeat after me: "It's not worth it. It's not worth it. It's not worth it."

There are worse things in life than sitting outside a fitting room with a purse in your lap for an hour. Really.

The don't LIKE picking the restaurant, dammit. Get that through your stupid head. They want YOU to choose. Yes, you chose the last 20 times, and yes, half the time you hear the next day about how she really didn't want to go THERE but YOU wanted to so she suffered through it. Doesn't matter. Pick the goddam restaurant and stop getting PO'd about it.

The kids are hers. You are an entertainment, a diversion. An amusement park and a wallet. They may like you, even love you, but don't forget who holds the title.

Forget whatever she says or Oprah says or Cosmo says: They don't want a sensitive new-age guy who crys at chick flicks. Alan Alda screwed up a whole generation of guys who tried their best to become *#*#*#*#*#*#*# to make women happy. Trust me - women don't like *#*#*#*#*#*#*#. They like men. Put the damned toilet seat down once in awhile and keep the underwear-on-the-bathroom-floor to a minimum. Beyond that, all this getting-in-touch-with-my-feminine-side crap makes them as sick as it makes you. Trust me on this.

If she wants the damned dining room yellow, paint it yellow. Who cares if it reminds you of a bus station men's room? If you disagree, and you "compromise" on another color, believe me when I say this : EVERY GODDAM TIME SHE WALKS INTO THAT ROOM FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE SHE WILL REMEMBER WHY IT ISN'T YELLOW. Every time. No exceptions. Until she dies. Now ask yourself: Is it worth it?

They need a life seperate from you. Couples who say "We do EVERYTHING together" are headed for divorce court. The real problem is that they don't trust each other out of their sight.