A plea to any and all Comcast SportsNet Directors

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Cweedchop, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I'm pretty sure they do most of those interviews just after halftime starts, as most of the team and players are going into the locker room.

Sometimes when the program is going to the first commercial break of halftime you can catch a piece of it being recorded. The interview is completed during the commercial break and from what I understand rarely done live after the break is over.

I would guess that if the player jogs in afterward, he doesn't miss very much at all.

All other points in this thread are spot on. Good work, Chris.

2. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I switched over to the HDNet broadcast and I think it was definitely superior. Very few extended closeups, although they did spend a lot of time on the Crewzers!

3. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    In HD? My goodness, the results from that could be horrifying.

On the bright side, at least the missus knows that you couldn't possibly have gotten any enjoyment from those shots.

4. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002

Comcast #629 on DirecTV. Were the announcements/music louder on FSC?

I like Dave Johnson but can't stand the background noise and that's the reason I switched the sound off. All the more reason to appreciate Kevin Payne and his saying he'll have none of the annoying jock rock or announcements during the game at RFK.

5. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    I think so.

After watching the CSN broadcast last night I didn't notice too much, but watching the FSC replay today they definitely had the field miked more.

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I didn't give them a close inspection but I thought most were hot :) And they didn't get mad when we were shaking dollar bills at them :)

7. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somewhat off topic but I came home today to watch my DVR recording of the Comcast broadcast and found the quality of the video to be excessively grainy and extremely poor. Were there problems with weather here last night, or did anyone else have picture quality problems with the game?

8. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Concur. I watched CSN Sat night and FSC replay today. The diarrhea mouth pa announcer at CCC was definitely more obnoxious on FSC -- although it is somewheat difficult to tell at times over the high energy affected wailings of one Mr. Max.

Keep calm, brother.

GM

9. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Tempus fugit and all that.

The big difference is that after watching a match now, I sit down and geek out on Bigsoccer. Back then I used to go out and play soccer with my friends trying to emulate Gerd Muller and Beckenbauer in the highlights we had just seen.

10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I watched CSN. To me it sounded like they had a mic on the cam that was live. When it was at the "left" end you could hear the Legion drumming and babies crying into the mic. When it was on the "right" you could occasionally hear the DC supporters chanting.

Thx,

Jay!

11. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Deg-ra-dation!

*clap clap clap clap clap*