A petition to FIRE Bob Bradley before he kills the team

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Yeah, Bob wants to trade Johnny Walker to Columbus and play a inexperience keeper like Wells. He is killing all changes for the Metros. The team needs an experience keeper like Walker. They dont need Meola. Bradley wants to kill the team, fire him before its too late.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you care. You're a galaxative?

3. AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Utica NY
    meola has more experience then walker. The question is if meola is in game form. If the metros dont make the playoff or dont go any where this year. Bob probably wont be here next year. Also Lalas gets the final say. And this seems like more of his move then bobs

4. fan

fan New Member

Jan 21, 1999

??? After Bradley has seemingly put together one of the most potent offences in Metro history, you want to fire him because he's bringing in a veteran goalkeeper with World Cup experience, who will not hide his feelings about Parke's so-called brain farts?

You probably just want Bradley to take over the underperforming Galaxy.

5. Milhouse

Milhouse Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Clifton, NJ
    Apparently no one has been paying attention to this clown. It looks like one of the MetroStars staffers is airing some dirty laundry on the boards. Ernesto Motta should worry about his own job instead of going after the coach.

6. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Hey you, take your sensible thoughts and scram. Havent you learned emotion wins out here?

7. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    If it was me I keep Walker just for his throwing distributions alone. But with Wells and Meola we still have depth at the keeper position and I would expect Tony to work with Wells to improve his game.

So no I would not fire Bradley

8. Frame

Frame Member

Nov 25, 2003
    NYC
    If Walker does in fact go, then Bradley should get outta here also. A Walker departure would be still another reminder of how little decision-makers in the MFO value team (and fan) chemistry. With so much churning and churning of personnel, any team cohesiveness on the field comes not because of - but rather in spite of - MFO's dumb judgment.

9. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Secaucus' favorite ersatz Dominican pop singer sock puppet said:

10. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    It's obvious that Bradley suffers from "poor judgment syndrome." Walker has a lot of experience in Copa Libertadores de America (equivalent to the best cup in Europe) and he must be in the field. He is probably one of the best keeper in MLS, but Bob does not see that, instead, he is throwing a poor inexperience child to the field. Saturday, Wells proved that he needs time, but Bob thinks that he is already the best out there. Last year, Bob literally killed that team by making like 3,000 moves and could not figure out a consistent lineup. Before I was a Galaxy fan, I used to live in New York and was in fact a Metrofan. In fact, I still care for the team. I could say that my heart is divided and love both teams. Bradley should go. Let's bring a coach that makes more mature decisions, not this menopause-emotional guy.

11. AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde New Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Utica NY
    Meola is going to start you dont pay someone big bucks to sit on the bench.

Walker the best keeper in MLS.. hardly. He is above average but he is not the best in MLS.

12. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Maybe I have missed something, but how come all the other teams
    have managed to build something of a core of players and then worked around that to try and improve.

You'd think after ten years, Metro would not still be palying this relentless meandering Go Fish style of reshufling the deck all the time with players.

I though the goal was to win and win this season not develop players for the 2012 Cup.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Fire Bradley but for trades he made like Brad Davis, Petke, Cunningham etc

If was not for Zack Wells the Metrostars would have a worse record, Park is one of the reasons we lost 2 of the 4 games

14. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they can fire Sampson and hire Bradley .......... of course.

15. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City

I never said he was the best. I said "one of the best", just for records.

16. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    There is a fine line re: personal attacks, remember.

Regarding Bradley, he's been a good coach. I won't sign that petition, but I didn't sign the last one either.

17. Mathis is a God

Mathis is a God New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    NJ
    My opinion to sign hasnt changed since the very beginning. He has done nothing so far, for the Metrostars at least. He wasnt even worth losing Faria over, who also made watching the team fun. Bradley took the life out of the team when he came and is still trying to turn them into a defensive team. Trade Glen to draft Tim Ward? Cut Fabian Taylor? And then acquire Jeff Agoos, draft Mendes and sign Diallo. He is just taking a defensive approach, and while that may have worked in the beginning, it is starting to fall apart and also becoming very boring.

18. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    He lead Metro to a cup final.
    He drafted Eddie Gaven.
    His defensive team scored more goals last year than any other in MLS, without a quality forward.

Keep hatin'.

19. margirl87

margirl87 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Why would you even say bob should be fired. Because The metrostars recently lost and everyone is trying to find someone to blame it on? The metrostars have been doing good why dont you look at the good things about them instead of the bad. It could be argued that walker is a better GK but trading him is not the end of the world. How about you post something when you know more about the team.

20. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Cunningham?

And Petke sucks.

Who the hell is this moron. He's a Gaylexy fan. Have him go back to LA.

21. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC

What world are you living on bro? Is Taylor starting? Tim Ward is a future national teamer. What is your malfunction.

And if anything, this team plays good offensive soccer. Have we ever had a more talented group of players than Guevara, Youri, Gaven, Razov, and SGR all playing well? No way.

Plus this team has no headcases, like that moron Faria who would miss wide open nets, and then turn around and blame Mathis or somebody. Or guys like Jolley and Petke who were all talk, and then when it counted, would wilt away, liek the pansies they were. And we've seen what they have become, Petke is traded away, Jolley a role player.

Please.

At least Bradley respects the team, unlike OZ, who acted as an agent for his own players. Do we forget Byron Alvarez so easily? Or not picking up Buddle in the draft, when everybody wanted him? What about freaking Shak with the first pick in the draft!?!?!?!?!?! We could have had Boca, DMB, even Garcia would have been better. Anybody would have been better.

And you guys can talk. Jesus.

22. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Stop using logical arguments!
    P.S. We're currently 5th in goals scored (22) & +/- (+5).
    If that last NE lob hadn't gone in, we'd be tied for 3rd (+6).

23. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exhibit 192, demonstrating why the Bigsoccer Metro board has grown so thoroughly retarded, that any and all crap we Metro "fans" get is, sadly, completely deserved.

24. Sir Ek

Sir Ek Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Both the above are the reason(s) why I would get rid of Bradley at year end if we fail to do anything again this year. He's had three years now in which to build a team HIS way - and what do we have to show for it? One Open Cup final, two first-round play-off exits, and a barely above .500 record? This from a coach who came in with such high expectations?

This team has got to stop the massive turnover every off-season and keep a group of around 8 guys on the field consistently for at least a season and a half. Having to re-learn new players tendencies every year in camp and more players brought in at the beginning of the season doesn't do crap for team chemistry. We need guys who know without looking/thinking what everyone else will do. We show stretches of it, but we're not there yet. Maybe we will be by playoff time and I'll get to eat every last word.

Bottom line - no results this year and Bob's got to go.

25. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    How about we petition to get rid of the Hispanic Marketing Manager as I am the only hispanic person to even go to a Metrostars game let alone care and know about the team.