A perfect DP

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by lakaix15, Sep 8, 2007.

1. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Donadoni played for the Metro Stars? lol I thought that he was in NY on vacation.

2. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just for laughs, how about RIQUELME? lol He's sitting on the bench in Spain and the guy CAN PLAY! Im sure that Josy wouldnt be getting a better pass from anyone else in the world!

3. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In terms of a quality defensive DP I'm sure that we all could name hundreds of players, but I think that above that the Red Bulls need a defensive DP that can organize the defense and follow the DT's line of attack. All offensive plays begin from a well formed defense.

4. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will happen he joins us hurts his back or something gets traded back to DC for pennies...

5. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks and sounds like we have reyna for as us long as he wants to be with us. It would not surprse me if he is not re-upped after next year if Bruce is still running the show. Unless we get 3 DP slots it looks like we will have to do with what we have unless Reyna gets so frustrated he wants out.

6. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DP Manger?

Jose Mourihnio is free? :D

7. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    Devil500 if we see Jose here only two players will stay Jozy and JPA and maybe richards other then that cleen house

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wouldnt be surprised to see Mourinho move to Italy later this year.

9. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    you think so nyc cosmos.... i would think that he would go back to portugal or maybe la liga

10. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have a hunch that SERIE A is poised to make a comeback. He's been in portugal and La Liga already. Italy would be a new challenge.

11. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tottenham? Jul has one foot out the door already. I wouldn't be surprised.

12. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    I think the only guy we would seriuosly get that has some star power is Ronaldo. Zidane would be awsome (a little unrealistic too), but I'm pretty sure he's retired for good.

I really think looking for another DP is pointless. Even if we renegotiate with Reyna, would we get a second DP slot with all the Guevara shite?

13. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    Best DP I think we would pursue is Brad Friedel. Although when it's time to come back he'd probably go to the Crew or just straight to running his Academy.

14. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    f50 waisting a DP on brad is crazy.... you can find a gk like him for way less money i would rather get a dynamic player

15. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But is it crazier than wasting a DP on Claudio?

16. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    Alright then, tell me what keeper like Brad Friedel you can get for way less? Who is a phenom at stopping the best strikers in the world, and stops PK's like no other keeper in the world.This is a challenge, give me the name and price of someone equal to him.

In fact he may have stopped more PK's than any keeper who has played in World Cups and top flight football. It's not all about scoring goals, Shmuck.

I'll be checking back for the name and price of that player.

17. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    ill tell you two who are in this league who i would rather have then him.... it is joe canonn and brad guzan.... other then that jerzey dudek is pretty cheap i belive hes making 900,000 euros to sit on the bench or a little less at real madrid, and there are a few others which dont come into my head now, hell ill take chris sietz over him hes young and talented

18. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    Non of those guys are as good as friedel, I don't even think Dudek is. Also, Dudek is getting paid 1.26 million dollars. I'm pretty sure that would be a DP spot, not considering he would most likely want more money for coming to the MLS.

Seitz is not to that level, and he'll be going off to europe soon, same with Guzan. Good goalkeepers do not stay in the MLS once they are good.

Onstad, Cannon, sure they're good for the MLS, but to say they are on the level of Friedel is not only laughable, it's a smack in the face to friedel.

The whole thing about not spending money on a goalkeeper is ridiculous, MLS goalkeeping makes me sick to watch. And you made a pretty much failed at proving your point.

19. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    I don't mean to insult you or start beef, but I feel pretty strongly about what I'm saying. If one wants to say get a bargain keeper and spend on the attacking front, ok. Thats not my opinion but I see that side of it. But I really really don't think you can get a real quality keeper, much less Friedel quality, for under $400,000.

20. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    F50.... you dont think canonn can start on any team in the world.... well i think he can.... guzan and sietz are staying im preaty shure.... as for dudek where are you getting that number hes making around 900k

21. Gabriel_Ferrari_F50

May 3, 2007
    nope, don't think cannon can start on any team in the world. 1 U.S. dollar = 0.710378632 Euros. I already have heard rumors of Guzan leaving, just as Friedel, Hahnemann, and Howard did. If Sietz proves to be nasty, he will leave too. No great goalkeeper stays in the MLS.