A no win situation in the League Cup

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by billyho96, Dec 1, 2004.

1. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    Note that I started this thread with the United match already underway, and am aware of the score, but this is a no win situation.

Chelsea are deep enough to play this cup seriously, as evidence by the teams they fielded yesterday. We play a youth squad that features players with virtually no first team experience. Our first team will struggle with Chelsea on the 12th. What is the point of running these kids out there against Chelsea's squad (if we advanced)and getting killed by 4 goals or more. Cudos to United for playing there youth against ours, may the better kids win.

2. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Cmon Billy! Think positive!

"No point winning cos the next team will trash us anyway!" is just not the attitude!

By that same logic anyone in the bottom half of the table 3 years running may as well just not turn up to play any more.

Its in the taking part, not the victory! - thats just a bonus :)

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I still cannot see how that avatar is a punishment unless I neg rep you.

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i guess its cuz you dont read our boards..
    neg rep :rolleyes:

5. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Because my good fellow, In a moment of temporary insanity I decided Arsenal should by the GOD that is lee Carsley. Not one of my finest moments, and not one i can really forget now. Though the thread was in reference to David Beckham initially - and his rumoured move to Arsenal, so perhaps that would have been more fitting - but I digress - tis not of my choosing.

I think its a matter of perspective - you see it and you think the insinuation is that if "Ronaldo is not as good as mediocre player" thus "Ronaldo is crap"

Anyone familair with the Beckham thread in question looks at it and sees me rating Lee Carsley as comparable to a highly known EPL player...which is just silly - hence my punishment :(

6. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Think your giving them too much credit! This wasn't their 1st team but they only put out a couple of players who didn't have significant EPL experience. Mind you, if this is ManUre's second string then they better stay injury free, otherwise they'll be back to how they started the season!

Have to say I think this is a completely misguided thread Billy! Having now lost this match, it matters not, but the Young Guns coming up against a good Chelsea team is what the CC is all about for us. It's to give the next generation a chance to gain the experience they need to get to the next level. A 6-0 drubbing would be no fun for them, but, even that would include lessons they can't learn on the training ground or in the reserves league!

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no... i was one of the few who knew what was going on before he posted in our forum... i still don't think its punishment.... I was hoping for a duncehat or something... instead he gets to poke fun at a United player... oh, wow... so harsh.

8. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    As ive said thats probably a matter of perspective...but ive made a slight modification to make the point a little more - obvious.

*Me toddles of to admire some more Lee Carsley greatest moments - back in three*