A New Page For CREIGHTON Soccer Supporters...

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by alt(bayern)münchen, Dec 29, 2009.

1. soccercu

soccercu Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Will be driving down from Omaha sunday for this one for sure. It will be free on a feed from SMU. Jays will have Castillo and Jordan ready to contol the middle all game long and I hope we can jump on Ponies like we did against them at the Bradley tournament and then not give up two PK goals. Expect the Jays to be explosive coming off the solid win over New Mexico with the dynamic offensive and Holt our stopper.

2. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. soccercu

soccercu Member

Nov 10, 2008
    It just happens in sports! Great season for the Jays now to see what occurs over the off season, some FC Dallas scouts were drolling over some Jays.

4. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely a fantastic season!

I talked to Ethan & he says he is coming back for his senior year. Choco & Brian said the same, hopefully they don't change their minds. I think if we had just a little bit more depth they could have gone farther. Those boys were tired!! Essentially the same 14 guys from start to finish...

If you are in Omaha, we will be announcing the date for our Player Of The Year Award event soon down at the "Mattress Factory"...
    Cheers!

5. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our 2010 Player Of The Year Award came in tonight:
    (a little bit of glare in the pix)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    According to Buzz at 3rd degree, Finlay may be looking to leave. This doesn't mean that it'll come to fruition nor can I verify the statement...

Here's the quote and the link.

7. soccercu

soccercu Member

Nov 10, 2008
    There seems to be interest in looking at Europe as well, next two weeks will determine the final outcome, many choices brewing. Have heard a number of MLS teams are high on Ethan right now.

8. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised this is not on here already, but Creighton Soccer Standout Sergio Castillo was drafted today by the Houston DYNAMO of the MLS!

Congrats Checo!!!!

Having watched Sergio over his career at Creighton, I can say that this past season he really put in the work!!!
    Apparently the Houston scouts were impressed by his play against SMU in the NCAA playoffs!

This maintains Creighton's streak of having at least one player drafted into the MLS every year since that league began!!!

Cheers!
    Matt
    www.CreightonKommandos.com

10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I stumbled on this article from Creighton JuCo recruit Whitney Browne.

Sounds like he's a very good player who only went the JuCo route because he didn't have the test scored coming out of HS to play D-I.

http://www.gctelegram.com/news/Browne-All-American-12-14-10

It will be interesting to see where he fits in with all of Creighton's returning attackers.

11. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we heard Whitney was coming a few weeks back.
    Do not know loads about him, but what we have read looks promising & he's a nice kid!
    We'll know more after the spring games...

Cheers!
    Matt

12. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wow. I did NOT see that coming.

Damn.

1 person likes this.
  14. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody did, talked to current members of the team tonight, and none of them saw it coming at all!!!

A real stunner!

Hopefully Johnny Torres will transition from INTERIM Coach, to HEAD COACH quickly, and we can move ahead, and build on the momentum of last season...

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I wonder if any Creighton players will go to Washington with Clark.

Couldn't blame them if they did since otherwise they're looking at their third head coach in as many seasons. (Which is a good reason to hire Torres to keep the continuity.)

Also, I hope Clark didn't discourage any of the Creighton players from going pro this winter only to see him up and leave. That would be bad karma.

16. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sandon...

Agreed on all 3 points!

Alot of people here wanted Johnny to get the gig after Warming left, maybe now is the time!

I hope so!

17. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally am pulling for Johnny as the HC. As to the topic of Clark taking any CU players to Udub? I doubt it. Creighton might lose a few recruits but I doubt any current student would follow Jamie. None of them were "his players" anyways.

Creighton got a few transfers from Indiana and St. Louis. Both are from the Omaha area and I doubt they were just coming back to be coached by Jamie, they were coming home, and our JUCO forward was recruited by Creighton before Jamie was ever here, Browne was someone always on our radar.

18. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Wow! Jamie only stayed for a year. I wonder if his asst coaches will move, as well.

As an aside, I generally think that a coach should move to a more challenging opportunity to meet his goals. I think Clark only staying for 1 year at Creighton is a little much.

19. soccercu

soccercu Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Another note of interest is if some kids recruited by Warming land at Penn State, at least they know his style of play and have built a relationship. This would be a big deal for PSA if a few CU boys left for the Big 10.

20. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. 2bhunter

2bhunter New Member

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone heard a peep about the coaching change? last I heard, Johnny and 2 others were finalists for the job. No other word since. Who else did CU interview? Kranjc?

22. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supposed to be announced this week? Only 3 people on the "serious" list supposedly...

Should know "any day" as they say...

The waiting is killing us locals!

Cheers!

23. alt(bayern)münchen

Apr 1, 2005
    Omaha
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 2011 Scarves have been ordered from Germany, should be here Mid-March:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. 2bhunter

2bhunter New Member

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called CU and just asked when they are announcing it. They told me tomorrow--unless something unforeseen happens. (whatever that means...?!) I think with some sweet talking, the chick who answered may divulge more than you think....I since I here that you are good at that sort of thing Matt, I think you should give it the ol' college try!!

25. TheClockworkOrange

Jun 20, 2008
    Bolowich leaving UNC to go to Creighton...stunner!! Congrats to Creighton.