A new defence at Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid23, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    All the talk of new CBs, and yet I don't see Gallas' name up there. While he's probably more valued by both Roman and Mourinho, I think he's much better and dependable than Carvalho. He's not the happiest camper in London since he's had to play all across the backline while preferring the middle, he's fast and strong, and I think we should pay top dollar (euro? pound?) for one of the world's top CBs. Him and Ramos are both fast, smart, and relatively young -- they could be a partnership for 10+ years.
    And I really hope we get Chivu too, I think he's phenomenal. I'd rather have both Gallas and Chivu before Cole.

2. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Cool yes i do believe Gallas and S.Ramos are a great combo but do you believe they there partnership for 10+ years i mean Ramos but Gallas cant currently hes 27 so is 10+ time Gallas will be 37 and Ramos 30. Its like pairing Helguera with Hierro(tho hes great).

3. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    What? He'll be 29 in August.

4. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Ya Gallas will be 29 in August imagine him playin until hes 39.
    This is his profile http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/2688.html.
    I like Pablo of spain he seems to be a good prospect! Terry is good, Toure is good what about Andrade.

5. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    They wouldn't necessarily have to play together the whole time. I saw it as kind of like how Hierro was kept on to help Pavon develop (although he was unfortunately dumped by Perez), or how Maldini still gets time for Milan. An experienced older back to help the younger backs get to a higher level. But they'd have around 5-6 years together as starters, then SRamos would be one of the top CBs in the world, Gallas will be brought in only as a sub, and by then we will have another youngster waiting in the wings. Or who knows maybe Mejia will still be around and be top class as well...

6. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    As mentions today that we are also considering Valencia's Raul Albiol. I like him a lot. I think he's develop wonderfully after a year on loan at Getafe last year. At only 20 years old, he could be a long time partner for Sergio Ramos. Question is, do you trust the center of your defense to two 20 year olds?

7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

From what I have seen of him I think he has fantastic potential. It's good that he is learning his trade along side 2 great centre backs like Ayala and Marchena. Unfortunatley, I haven't got to see him play much but he has a great game against us in the Mestalla. His positioning is actually better than Sergio Ramos' as in that game I can recall him making 3 or 4 vital interceptions. My only concern would be the inexperience fo both of them but...we are looking to build for the future and what better way to do so than having 2 players who are destined for the Spanish national team playing alongside each other. I would be more inclined to take Albiol before Juanito who is 29. It is a necessity that we start building for the future!

8. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    With Casillas behind them, it's very tempting! With any other gk, nope.
    I haven't really seen that much of Albiol. How does he compare with Mejia?

9. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Have Real MAdrid been linked with Albiol. I think he will be chosen for spanish squad I know he's solid he stopped Bapsita twice last game. If we are linked with that dude we are linked with a pure a good CB that can cut ball from Ronaldinho he's smart as Carvalho but with less experience! The only problem with him is his injury, its not a bad one i think he got it in a car accident. Im happy with two consistant 20 year old kids i'd take them any-time over Pavon & Helguera. If we get him and Cole then we'd have two wing backs who are 25 and two young CBs who are 20. I wish we had a solid defence after Hiero left. Is Cassilas 25 or 26?

10. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Albiol was in a bad car accident as he was driving to sign his contract to be on loan with Getafe. He was in bad shape (ruptured spleen, from my limited understanding of Spanish medical terms), but he's come back pretty strong. The rumors about him are that he is on our short list of possible central defenders, but I don't know if he is a top candidate.

The two players most mentioned thus far are Lucio and Chivu. I don't want Lucio. I was never a big fan of his and he will be soon be 28. As for Chivu, I like him more, but the comments on here about his injuries worry me. The 'others' being mentioned are Carvalho (if you believe he was offered to us), Dawson, Perea, Juanito and Albiol.

11. Butragueño

Butragueño Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Madrid
    Albiol actually lost his spleen in that accident.

He would be great. The interesting thing about him is that he is almost just as good at DM. That's where he played last year with Getafe and alongside Gabi, he formed a fantastic midfield partnership.

12. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    hmm, good at CB as well as DM? I like it. We could cover well for injuries when we have players good at more than one position (Albiol: CB/DM, Bravo: CB/LB, Ramos: CB/RB)