A new defence at Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid23, Apr 19, 2006.

1. halamadrid23

halamadrid23 New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    hey, been registered on this site for ages, just using it now tho...so hi all

first Real madrid need a complete now defence, they should build around ramos who is looking more like a natural each game

we should require Ashley cole and sell carlos, sell salgardo and move either cicinho or diogo there, diogo is way better defender than cicinho and salgado, they are more attacking. sell pavon and buy a world class CB

wot u think

2. forcamadrid

forcamadrid Member

May 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In defence we need a LB to replace RC and an experience CB and then we are set. Midfield...that's another story.

3. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    We Need:
    LB -
    CB - Carvalho was just offered to us ,

4. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    ----------------Ramos----Carvalho---------------
    ---------Cichno-------------------A.Cole---------

If they are injured the replacments will be:
    ---------------Meijia----Woody----------------
    -----Diogo-----------------------Raul Bravo---

5. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    a Left Back and an expiereced CB are what we should be gunning for

LB- Ashley Cole, Manual Pasqual,
    CB- Christian Chivu, William Gallas, Ricardo Cravallho

6. Canterano#1

Canterano#1 New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Skelleftea,Sweden
    I don't think that Woody will stay for the next season because of his never ending injury list. And Mejia will probably want to leave if we get a new CD because he will get so little time to play.

Helguera is obviously not even good enough as a replacement any longer since he's beeing held outside the squad by Lopez Caro...

So if we want to be a top team for next season and fight for the titles we will need two new CD's in the summer. One very good as "first eleven"-material and one decent backup.

7. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Maybe we should keep Pavon if Woody and Meija wanna leave. I wouldn't mind Angelo from the B teams he seems promising young defnder though hes already 21!

8. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Yea, you should really get on the phone with him to discuss arrangements for his testimonial. ;)

9. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    I think Caro his former beloved coach can do that!

10. polat_dgn

polat_dgn New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    ENGLAND
  11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Hopefully not for the new defense.

That rumor is being discussed in the rumors thread.

12. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
  13. Naughty by Nature

Naughty by Nature New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Earth: Europe : ??
    Floro Came out and said he wanted those at the club , but i dont think his
    words hold any weight anymore[not that they ever did] besides , he is leaving.

But dont be suprised , we are linked with every major player, 10 players the last 2 weeks only!

14. polat_dgn

polat_dgn New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    ENGLAND
    sorry mates.

15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If these Carvalho rumors are true then I say go for it. A Ramos - Carvalho partnership sounds quite formidable to me. Then we'd have Mejia, Pavon, and Woodgate(??) as backups, even R. Bravo if necessary. Throw in a left back and I think we're set. So I think Carvalho and a left back is all we need in terms of defense.

16. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I could be wrong but isn't Carvallho more comfortable on the right hand side of any CB partnership? A Ramos-Carvallho pairing would mean one of them playing on their 'wrong' side.

17. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    oh your right then get Gallas hes left/right footed though he plays better with his left! Gallas is also younger than Carvalho in 1 year.

18. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Whoever we sign as a CB, we need to keep Mejia around. He's improved greatly this year and would be a valuable substitute for injuries/suspensions/etc.

19. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    Ya i'd love to see Meijia as No.1 replacment for either Ramos and ???? and like to see R. Bravo as No.2 replacment for CB and No.1 replacment for LB.

20. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mejia should definitely have a future here. I think he's done damn good this year, I'm glad he's moved up on the depth chart. Lets not screw him over again by buying more than 1 CB this summer.

21. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if we dont go for Carvalho i want Martins head. We cant miss out on such a player besides he is somewhat better than the other names that have been mentioned and surely is better than what we have right now.

22. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Chivu rumours again popping up in marca.

I would be content with Chivu and a LB.

23. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Pavon needs to be ejected - he's not good enough to be in the squad - do you realise he is in his mid 20's! awful, awful, awful.

But yes, at least one top quality cb is needed. If we are to keep with Ramos, then we need experience and as such not sure chivu is the answer.

we need a replacement for carlos but this i not the priority for the team so splashing out on ashley cole might not be the wieste choice

24. MAd_REd

MAd_REd New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Qatar
    I dont think we will get a new CB if Woody stays we were not linked to any-one apart Carvalho who was offered to us from chelsea! The only defender we've been linked to where A.Cole and Wayne Bridge to left backs. Its true we need atleast one experienced CB. Chivu wont come here he has bad injuries and would fill a non EU spot.

25. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    We've been linked to Lucio and Chivu.

Chivu would not take up a non-EU spot. Even though he is Romanian and Romania is non-EU, there is legislation in place that allows Romanians to work in EU countries. They are considered "Comunitario B" workers. Therefore, Chivu could practice his trade in Spain without taking up a non-EU spot.