A MLS Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by myshap, Nov 25, 2004.

1. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thanks a lot: Happy Thanksgiving from MLS

2. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy Thanksgiving fellow Crew fans!!! I wish the best to all of you.

PS - Take it easy and enjoy the day. :)

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So did they just not bother getting ahold of anyone from The Crew for that piece, or did they figure nobody in CBus had anything to be thankful for?

Anyway. I've decided to spend the day a little differently this year:

As most of you head for Grandma's to honor the great feast pilgrims shared with the indigenous peoples right before slaughtering them all wholesale, be sure to remember the exploited, underpaid migrant workers who labored under deplorable conditions so you could celebrate that bloody stain on American history called Thanksgiving. As Mom slides that big ol' tom turkey into the oven, think about how a helpless, innocent, genetically engineered bird was tortured and butchered just so your drunken old man can assert his alpha male status by carving up a carcass on the family dinner table. Then later, as you all sit by the fire, contemplate on the millions of homeless people who won't have a Thanksgiving dinner this year, thanks to the very selfish, materialistic culture that created them. Yes, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving, knowing that those red stains on your hands aren't from the cranberry sauce.

Personally, I'll be spending the holiday naked in my basement, stabbing myself in the thigh with a fork to atone for 400 years of murder and opression.

4. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Bill, just to add to your holiday cheer, the Crew "announced" ,ie slipped into the small print at the end of an article on Thanksgiving day, that Andrulis will be back next year. It's in today's Merz piece on reserve sides. Interesting part is that the reserve sides will include NCAA players who won't have their eligibility affected. Sounds like MLS is looking for free players.

5. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I'm in Massilon. We've got Stella.

I have to run now.

6. TheOtherBastard

TheOtherBastard New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Akron, OH
    From what I understand the Dispatch article says he was offered a contract.

Is there a snowball's chance in hell that he'll turn it down?

Or do you all want some of what I'm smoking right now?

7. CrewSchmack

CrewSchmack Member

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Mar 3, 1999
    Delaware, OH
    We can always hope it's a 10 year $10000 contract.

8. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    you say all this yet supported who you did in the election?

amazing.

me?
    im thankful that my job hasent been outsourced (well, it cant, but im still thankfull for that)

im thankful that i have healthcare.

im thankful that ill be living somewhere else in 5 years so that my children arent gonna be burdened by the insane national debt that we are going to have.

im thankful that i am not one of the thousands of americans who have needlessly died overseas over the past few years because of lies.

im thankful that we have such an honest man in the white house, and that we can trust the large corporations who run our lives.

im thankful that, unlike most americans, i am overseas on a near weekly basis, and i get to see how things *really* are.

im thankful that there are americans who value freedom, and american values, and would NEVER, EVER even IMAGINE taking freedoms or liberties away from others.

im thankful that our economy and dollar are strong.

im thankful that christianity is never used as a tool to incite hate, or fear, into the general population.

im thankful that we will be going to war with iran. ive always wanted to see Tehran.

im thankful that i live in the greatest nation on the planet**.

im MOST thankful for the $300 tax cut check i get, because it makes everything else all worth it in the end.

im thankful that we dont have a government that would even think of invading ones personal privacy.

im thankful that we live in a country where both parents have to work hard to earn an even remotely descent living for thier family.

im thankful for stella. and guinness.

im thankful for coffee.

(** - restrictions and limitations apply)

9. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're basically thankful for a bunch of thinly veiled complaints?

10. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    you caught the sarcasm then, eh? :rolleyes:

11. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yes, absolutely.

I just can't believe anybody is that stupid.

12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say hello to my relatives, won't you?