A message to all the "fans" who call the team "Red Donkeys"...

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by irishapple21, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Red Bulls 6, RSL 0.

You can consider that match an a$$ kicking. :D

2. a21rsl

a21rsl New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    around
    Just to let you know. We didn't have our first keeper. And we got a crap red card in the 8' (the first foul of the game). And our coach made crap subs.

So, not as impressive as you think.

3. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004

That the way son, any team look alike when the other play better

4. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I like how some of the players exchanged shirts after the game. That showed good sportsmanship in the wake of the good kicking we just gave you. So, good show, lads.

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good show 3points is 3points :)

Buddle WHO???? :D Thats the way to show them haters :D

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Se Habla soccer rules?

Last man back DOGSO.

Automatic red

7. Kelly Hrdina

Kelly Hrdina Member

RBNY
    United States
    Oct 22, 2001
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I would expect a DC fan to complain about that kind of card, but you guys too? Geez. :D

That must have been the clumsiest attempt to play the "honestly, our legs just got tangled up" routine I have ever seen.

8. SpassMacher2000

Jun 15, 2006
    Everton beat Tottenham today 2-0. Why is this important? Because Everton was playing with 10 men most of the game and they still managed to win. Losing 10 against 11 on the field is no excuse. Your team got your ass kicked. This has to be the most complete asskicking in MLS this year (someone correct me of I'm wrong).

9. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Saw that game too and it was amazing to see how Everton outplayed the mighty Spurs in that game... The Salty Dogs are licking their wounds and yes I do believe it was the most COMPLETE ASSKICKING THIS YEAR IN MLS... Cheers to all you RBNY supporters on BS and at the game... and here is to many more in the future... Bruce's first victory w/ the Bulls was as sweet as they get...

10. trmtrm

trmtrm Member

Sep 19, 2002
    New Sweater
    Just to play a bit of the devil and follow your Red Donkeys lead...

This game was not a complete asskicking. The second half was a complete asskicking. It's an important point.

In the first half it was pretty much the same old Donks: Good four at the back, a lone striker left unsupported way up front, and a lot of wasted talent in the middle.

In the second half, WHEN BRUCE TOOK HENDERSON OUT OF THE GAME, and had WOLY AND BUDDLE PLAYING LEVEL WAY UP FRONT, and AMADO CAME FORWARD ON THE LEFT SIDE, well, things started to happen.

I sit in the first row at the "35" and I was amazed to see Amado up filling the space that Henderson wasted. Youri was playing withdrawn in the center like usual, but instead of pushing Amado further back, Amado now had a space to go and do something constructive.

But the most amazing thing to see was Woly and Buddle, 10 yards apart, dancing back and forth across the offside line, waiting to pounce. And when one of them got the ball, amazingly one of two things would happen: 1) the guy with the ball wasn't immediately surrounded by defenders, or 2) the other guy was open and giving support.

Before dusting off the shelf for the MLS Cup, I reminded myself of three things all the way home:

1) It was Salt Lake. Repeat over and over.
    2) They were down a man the whole game. THe whole game.
    3) The Donks were mules for the whole first half. Impotent. Genetically.

So, with that all said...

Go, Bulls.

trm

11. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Um, the game was a complete asskicking. Salt Lake had I think 1 shot the entire first half. That is what you call "dominated."

I still don't understand this "Red Donkeys" nonsense. Either support your team or don't. Don't behave like DC fans in disguise.

12. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    RSL is a very good team even playing w/ 10 men...and remember they were on a roll w/ a 4 game winstreak (and unbeaten in 5 league games too) in MLS play and they played bunker ball after the red card in the 8th minute (ot the whole game) so your devil's advocate post is sobering to a certain extent but the Red Donkey references are dumb and need to be trashed... So like you concluded I also say GO BULLS and goodbye Red Donkeys!

13. a21rsl

a21rsl New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    around
    This is why I said our coach made crap decisions. He started bunkering in the 8th minute. This is why we lost, not the red. If you RBNY fans would watch the red call again, Jack Stewart had his hands in the air and their legs got tangled. Yes, I said it. Because it is true. Watch the play.

14. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all i can say is .......... FBJ baby. FBJ.

FORZA BANDWAGON JUMPERS.

hop on ...

15. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    You need to bow to reality (not ReAL-ity, which appears to be the complete opposite.) Stewart obviously took Wolyniec down from behind to impede a clear breakaway on goal with no other defenders between Woly and Nolly. Stewart did a poor acting attempt at throwing his hands in the air as he purposefully crashed into Woly to take him down. I have DVR, so I rewound it and watched it several times to be sure. It was a textbook straight red card offense and the officials did a great job.

This was one of the few MLS matches I've watched where I generally agreed with all the calls -- such as Guevara's stupid yellow for lashing out after he fell over.

16. trmtrm

trmtrm Member

Sep 19, 2002
    New Sweater
    Or, that's what you call playing down a man, bunkering since 8', and trying to play the counter attack. I'm not saying it was a smart tactic, but the first half stats were more a result of RSL's tactical choices to the ejection, not RBNY's prowess.

In the second half, they DOMINATED.

Well, I still don't understand this "string theory" nonsense, but, hey, I'm just me. No hidden M80s here.

17. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Watched the play again on tape and saw the game live and in both views Stewart clearly fouled Wolyniec with his knee from behind... straight red...

18. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

The first I ever heard of "Red Donkeys" was from reading MetroFanatic. Now they've gone back to calling them Metros, since they won big tonight. So anyone who likes to argue that "Red Donkeys" is meant lovingly should just take it back now.

19. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    trmtrm's post makes it clear the assinine crew know damn well the term is pejorative. Great points in a timely thread, irishapple. Too bad you weren't at the Swamp tonight :( , though I know you were with us in spirit. :)

Tonight was historic. Peripeteia, baby!

20. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Good point.

If they win a few more they'll be calling them the Red Bulls. :D

21. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan has stated he'll shut the site first.

Red Donkeys, Metro....they're interchangeable and equally good.

22. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

No one really believes that. C'mon.

23. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon, yourself. You don't know Dan very well if you don't believe him on that.

24. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Fine. One person. A lot of us think of it as a pejorative. I don't agree that it was meant kindly, but even if it was, it's not how it's received.

25. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So be it. A lot of us think otherwise.