A great defence (CM) pair

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MlLoh398075, Jul 10, 2005.

1. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    I absolutely expected this. Regardless of if he was completely fit, it did seem like a sign when he didn't make the tour. I know really read way too much into that move, but it did seem like a sign... after a year's worth of waiting.

This is a nightmare for the team and also for Woody... i really feel for him more than anything (except for the fact that he is still making decent $ just to heal). Perez is just an idiot for taking such a chance.

Bring on the new defensive signing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    If it's true, better it happens now than September. I think Samuel's situation should be resolved soon which should open the door for a defensive signing. Sergio Ramos seems to be all the rage so I guess we'll plump for him. I wouldn't mind Lugano either. Just not Ferdinand.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the Robinho saga is delaying the entire transfer plan for the season. Perez probably needs to see how much Robinho is going to cost him and how much he can spend on Sergio Ramos?

Meanwhile, Rio Federnard probably will stay at MU.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Since when did Samuel commit too many fouls... I never seen him slide... Refer to Gatefe goal in Madrid...

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think Ferdinand will be sold this year... I believe that Woodgate will be ready for the season opener and he will contribute heavily... Helguera should be used as a midfielder sub where he played best a couple of years ago... Andrade and Chivu are both affordable and good center backs... Cicinho is set to sign with Betis, and Miguel has a problem, the same one that occured with Mexes last year, and teams are fearing that the same thing that happened to Rome might happen to them!

6. AussieMadrid

AussieMadrid New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Australia

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Overrated?? Is there anyone that actually rates him???

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    To be fair, England probably has the best CB talent in the world at the moment. Plus there's all that exposure to the EPL.

I am a bit surprised that Real hasn't gone after Chivu. I think he's far more suited to LaLiga than the grossly overrated Samuel and is more of a player that fits into the Real "mold", so to speak. Given Roma's transfer ban for this season, I would imagine he'd consider leaving.

9. AussieMadrid

AussieMadrid New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Australia
    England has better defenders than Italy? There you go, you learn something new every day. :confused:

Chivu was a big target a couple of seasons back but the deal never went through. I think he got injured and couldn't be transfered. When the window opened again he was snapped up by Roma. I certainly wouldn't mind us going after him again. He's one of those defenders who seems so composed under pressure, I like that.

Although my preferred option (and I've made no secrets about it) is still Daniele Bonera. If Parma had have been relegated from Serie A we may have even got him for a steal. Oh well.

10. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    Great defense, great midfield - Lampard, Gerrard, SWP, great attack Owen, Rooonaldo - so why won't they win the World Cup? Oh yeah, because they're not as good as the hype.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Since when did England have the best defence.... Italy is well known to be the best nation defensively with likes of Nesta, Canavaro, Maldini, Baresi, Ancelotti, etc.

13. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    I think we're in agreement then - that they are not as good as the hype.

14. For now England DOES seem to have the greater depth at CB.....Terry,Ferdinand,Campbell,King (Spurs)Woodgate(If he's fit).....immediately come to mind....

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Those are nothing compared to Nesta, Canavaro, Bonera, Ferrari, Chillini, etc. Italy, for so many years, have had the best defense in the world...

16. Korbenn

Korbenn New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Finland
    I wouldn't say Italy's defence is indisputedly the best in the world. Those guys are soon getting old compared to Englands lads...

17. you probably are new to watching football and EPL games in particular...and please let us not make this a dialogue but to call the English defenders nothing is completely laughable for a genuine follower of the game...

It is the Real Madrid forum and my comments are just made in passing....

18. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    But will Roma sell given their transfer ban? They can't get any replacements...

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm with you on Italy having the best defenders in the world. They also have the most defenders in the world in their lineup! :D
    But... Ancelotti was not a defender! ;)

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    What was he then? Cause that's what I heard... A midfielder maybe...

21. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He was a midfielder...

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    A better coach, I might say! :D

23. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I've been talking about Chivu here for 3 years it's seemed -- Perez just doesn't seem to listen! ;) He's a great defender and a natural leader, plus he can hit good dead balls, is EU, young, left footed ,and a hard worker. He could play either left back, center back, or maybe even right back or defensive mid. I wanted him while he was at Ajax, I wanted him while he was on loan at Roma, I wanted him after he signed for Roma -- I still want him.

24. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Like you, I thought Chivu would have been a better signing than Samuel to begin with, but his big drawback is that he's injury prone.

Thing is, Inter are after Chivu (again). And Roma's coach, Spalletti, knows a good defender when he sees one and likely won't let Chivu go...

25. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    We could make an agreement with Inter... We give them Samuel but they forget about Chivu. Samuel, Materazzi, Córdoba and Burdisso is a good defence. Sure you all disagree, hehehe :D