A call for pece between Iranian and Arabs.

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by SherwinRazmy, Nov 12, 2004.

1. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    To my Arab and Iranian friends on this board,

I have noticed some heated flaming between Iranians and Arabs on this forum. I am a not a moderator or a long time member but it seems to be a problem that even I can detect. Now I am fine with trash talking as long as it does not cross the line. Yes we are a rivalry especially Iran V KSA, but let’s keep it civilized people. We sometimes cross the line by poking fun at the other’s culture and that crosses the line. It has gotten better but I notice some flaming when Iran plays an Arab team. Remember that we are all friends here and should treat others with different views with respect. I am not saying that I am perfect because we all make some mistakes. Let’s just try to shoot for not offending each other.

2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm all for your call to peace.
    Peace you all [​IMG]

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The problem is... both countries are almost the same. Both suck and are bad, and we are trying to prove that the other country sucks more than us. :rolleyes:

4. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    I for one reject the call for peace.

A lot of these heated threads actually reveal things about us that others may not know, its educational. Granted there is a lot of false accusations, however, Im sure the average educated reader can decipher as to whats false and whats true, or they can always ask to be sure.

As far as rivalry goes, Saudi has a bigger one with Kuwait, and Iran has had one for a ling time with Korea, so why go for second to non existant rivalry as a cause for discussion?

Iranians dont like arabs, and arabs dont appreciate thier northern neighbor, why settle for superficial peace? its lame, and arrogant to think that peace is a possiblility and unfair to ppl who come here for entertainment :D

EOM.

5. Saudi Bill

Saudi Bill New Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Who will we fight with? Kuwait? Oman? man we want the big one. BRING IT IRAN!!

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    im for it
    how buot we make a petition and sign for peace
    brings love to the world :)
    what do u think
    and as saudi64 said, "we both extremists and suck, so were proivng who sucks more"
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, thats a good one

7. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire

Kuwait will do you just fine.
    Shame how we dont have any Kuwaiti posters here.

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We are getting bored of constantly beating them up. ;)

9. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Yes, that would be great for Korea vs Japan and Korea vs China, too.

It's a bit hard but you can argue your point without name calling, racial remarks, etc.. Doing it with sense of humor is even harder but cool. :cool:

10. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    But sometimes the racist remarks are the funny bits :p

11. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    When we read any Iranian board (sports board) on the net, I see constant hatred threads to Arabs in general and Saudi as main rival in specific. While we never see such thing in Arab boards. It has to be clear to all Asians that we don’t see Iran as a rivalry. This does not mean that Iran is not good or not up to our football standards. It’s just like neither Brazil nor Guam are our rival’s.

It all goes back to the life, politics, and religious back ground in Iran. Even though our leaders in both countries see that we should get closer and close all the gaps.

We see Iran as one of the top teams in Asia and we give them the same respect we have for Japan, Korea, China, and all the gulf countries.

Maybe you won’t believe that the rivalry trash talk we do mostly is between us and the gulf countries especially Kuwait and Qatar.

Little secret, we will always give our fullest at all time. And if our win will help other gulf team to advance or to win a cup, we will play as it is our final and the cup is ours. We do feel that Arabs in general and gulf countries in specific should be one country and fight for the same pride. This is a real football, and make sure that you grasp the difference between winning for other team and losing for other team because winning is what you are suppose to do anyways in football.

“Maybe”, Iran being in our side of Asia made them cursed not to win anything in the past I don’t know how many years. And believe me, if Japan and Korea where in your shows in the WCQ02, Bahrain would have done anything to beat them.

We did cheer for Bahrain when they advanced to AC04 finals. It was normal and spontaneous feeling and would be the same if any of the other gulf teams did advance and even Qatar.

All in all, we have nothing against Iranians. In fact, shifting from having Iranian real friends in college in the past to trash talking them in the boards was weird. To me it was just a normal male retaliating for his pride.

I hope this might shift your paradigm.

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You should read some of the Arab boards ( That are mostly in Arabic ) and see what disgusting stuff they say about Iranians in those so-called sports boards.

Some Iranians do the same BUT the Iranian boards are way more civil as far as prejudice, racism, and hostile name calling goes.

13. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Believe me, I do read many Arabic football forums more than English ones. I happen to be one of the mighty Ittihad Jeddah starting board members and do write in Arabic boards excessively. We never had a hatred thread towards Iranians.

I am sure there are some Iranians here that can read Arabic and I urge them to find me one forum that shows continuous threads against Iran.

This is similar to the traditional one sided love stories. :p

14. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    There is NO rivalry. Its hatred and you guys fail to see that!
    Basically, all the dissing is fun, however if i EVER hear another stupid comment regarding anything religious, I will neg rep! (no shame)
    And I will offer you a new hole that I shall personally tear you in that department regarding your religion.

Ok im done venting... time to get back to work :D

15. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Arabs are people. Islam is a religion Arabs, iranians, and many other ethnic groups in the world share. If you hate Islam, you may keep us out of it. Hate it all you want to.

Hint: religion conversion.
    :cool:

16. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    I guess the comment wasnt meant towards you then was it?
    I havnt hated ur religion, however one of your country men has been hating on mine, and im just gonna rip it appart the next time I hear a backward minded comment on it. Kapish?

17. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Do you mind me to ask you what is your religion?

18. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    I couldn't agree more Saudi. Iranians sometimes act like women. No matter how much you try to convince them that we love them they just don't believe you, they still think we hate them.

19. Yabyab

Yabyab New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    last match both teams played, Kuwait beats KSA1-0 in Jedda.

In Gulfcup history, Kuwait-KSA record is:

Kuwait won 6 times
    Tied 6 times
    KSA won 3 times

Kuwait has 22 goals against KSA
    KSA has 14 goals

Kuwait won gulfcup 9 times
    KSA won gulfcup 3 times

-----

dunno who got bored beating who :D

20. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    I wouldn't count an olympic game as our last encounter. This isn't a senior level game. And Kuwait's record against Saudi only looks good if you go far back. The record in the last decade is very much tilted towards Saudi.

This is the record as it appears on RSSSF, btw:

TEAM Pld Won Drw Lst For Ast
    Kuwait 31 11 9 11 35 38

last 5 games:

Venue Result
    Kuwait 1-1
    KSA 1-1
    Lebanon 3-2 AET
    Bahrain 2-1
    Qatar 2-1

21. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    On the main topic.

I have nothing against Iranians, never have done. The same applies to every Saudi I know. Really, Saudis by and large have nothing against Iranians. I visit many Arabic fora on the web, both sport and non-sport, was a moderator in one of them, I've never encountered any anti-Iranian hatred. The only kind of place I could think of where there might be that attitude are the extremist "salafi" sites, and I wouldn't touch those with a barge pole.

On the other hand, with all respect, I do feel that Iranians have a racism problem towards Arabs. Nearly every Iranian sport forum I've visited has been very hostile to Arabs to say the least. Maybe the people on the web don't reflect the general population (my physical contacts with Iranians have been fine, which makes the kind of hatred you see on the web all the more shocking), I don't know. That's my honest opinion.

22. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Err...., look at FIFA's results and it says Saudi won 8, Kuwait won 5, tied I think 7.

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't get you guys!

How could you say that average Arabs don't have a racism problem towards Iranians?

1. Wahabi ( Saudi ) Arabs call the Iranians "Kafar" and want to kill all the "Kafar Iranians"!
    2. Iraqi Sunni Arabs blame the "Evil Persians" for everything that goes wrong in their country
    3. Iran has been attacked by Arabs over and over and over!
    4. People of Iranian background ( ie Kurds, Persians ) have been ethnically cleansed in some Arab countries!
    5. Iran's territorial integrity is always jepordized by the Arab states ( Iraq invades Iran, UAE wants our three Persian gulf islands, the rest of you call the Persian gulf with a fabricated name )

and...

Give me a break please!
    You guys should take a closer look at your own brothers' actions before lecturing Iranians on racisim!
    Average Iranian is way more tolerant than average Arab.

24. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Arab boards in general is something else, but why dont you go check Saudi sport boards and ill assure you 100% that you wont find any bad stuff written about Iranians or anyone else. Ive even seen racism towards Saudis in international sport forums from Iranians there.

25. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Dear Ziad,
    All im saying is that I dont tolerate pesky comments on religions, because its very insulting to ppl who are believers. I will stand up for any religion that gets ripped on, regardless of my own. However make that attack on a religion that has its origins in Persia (mine) and then you hit a whole new load.