A bright future for the National Team

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by ElMuneco, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    After watching what Alexis Sanchez did today against Lanus and reading how Carlos Villanueva pretty much dismantled Antofagasta by himself, I gotta say that the Chilean National Team looks to have a bright future. Man there are so many young talented Chileans coming up it's frightening. Another one that stands out for me is Gary "The Pitbull" Medel. That kid reminds me of a young Roy Keane. I think you guys finally have the right coach in place and now it's time to put the pieces together and qualify for the World Cup in 2010.:cool:

2. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We hope so.

I don't want to see the NT in the last place in South America like in 2001, having U23 players who won the 3rd place in the Olympics Games, and 3 oldies (Nelson Tapia, Pedro Reyes, Pablo Contreras, Rafael Olarra, Cristián Álvarez, Claudio Maldonado, Patricio Ormazábal, David Pizarro, Rodrigo Tello, Reinaldo Navia, Iván Zamorano, etc), in 2000.
    After that Olympics, everybody expected a bright future, and it didn't happen.

3. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Thats because our coaching suck and we had that fat bastard runining the show now all that is gone.

Fresh start new coach new attitude a new beginning!!!!!!!!!!

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think we're all crossing our fingers hoping you're right. I don't think we've ever had so many young players consolidated in the adult squad so soon! Hope the Chilean press gets the hint from Bielsa and begins acting a little more professionally. What happened during the U-20 World was embarrassing IMO.

I can only wish that one day we'll produce quality players in the same numbers that Argentina produces them but as of now I think we'll do fine with what we have. :)

As far as Villanueva goes... I think the Chilean League is too small for him and it's time for him to play abroad. He makes such a great difference that it's outrageous... he's credited for partly bringing Audax back into the spotlight after such a long time. I like him better than Jimenez... Bielsa should consider him as the second option for enganche and not Jimenez! He's much more explosive and clever with the ball.

5. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I have this feeling that Villanueva is going to start agains Argentina. I think Bielsa has something up his sleeve.

Up front

Rubio Chupete Sanchez

Villanueva

6. pint0

pint0 New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    NJ
    I completely agree........with what the NT did at the U-20 world cup, it looks like we might have a very bright future. Lets just hope these kids stay straight laced.

7. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    After watching the match between La "U" and Huachipato today I'll add Pedro Morales to the list of young Chileans that should make the National Team exciting to watch. Man this kid can play. Bielsa needs to give him a call up. Or has he already??

8. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Pedro Morales is 21 or 22 (he played in the WC 2005 in Netherlands, with José Sulantay as coach, with players like Carlos Villanueva, Matías Fernández, Fernando Meneses, etc).

Bielsa never picked him....yet.

I hope Villanueva, Morales and Meneses can have a lot of minutes playing in the NT.

The coach (Salah) had Morales on the bench during some games in this championship:eek:, after the great seasons in Huachipato during years (even on the bench, because the great Jaime Riveros was, and is, the number 10).

9. pint0

pint0 New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    NJ
    Has Bielsa called Boris Reiloff from Audax? I think he's a great player and would add some great depth as a backup

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bielsa never called, not yet.
    And I agree with you.
    He is stronger than Álvarez, and is tall.

He played against Argentina in Mendoza this year (great Acosta's defense: Rieloff-Riffo-Rocco-Vidal). 0:0.:cool:

11. Failed States

Failed States New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    About time that Chile picks up the pace, the back and forth relationship of Nelson Acosta and Chile was similar to a tale of spurned lovers.

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Here is a link with the squad that Bielsa took for the friendlies vs. Switzerland and Austria:
    http://www.anfp.cl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=238&Itemid=1

This link includes the squad of players Bielse worked with as soon as he took over as NT coach:
    http://www.terra.cl/deportes/index.cfm?accion=futbolnacional&id=836001&XjWpZ=PqZ23

Metro

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Mi viejo me conto de un chico Brasi-Chileno que juega para Cobreloa y que tiene mucho futuro... alguien sabe de lo que el esta hablando?

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Cristian Fernandes?

Segun las "malas lenguas" que seria el nuevo "Alexis" de Cloa.

Metro

15. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Es numerosa la familia Fernandez, ehh? El papa del Mati anduvo ocupado dispersando su semilla por el cono sur. :D

16. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Es Antenor Fernándes, alias "Junior".
    Es el hermano de Cristián.
    Es totalmente chileno; sus padres son cariocas, pero él nació en Tocopilla hace 19 años, y desde hace 15 que vive en Calama.

Es un jugador que tiene técnica y velocidad (no tanto como Alexis Sánchez), pero le falta fortaleza física y definición de cara al arco.
    En todo caso no lo catalogaría como seleccionable, al menos este año, ya que no es titular en Cobreloa, pese a lo mal que han andado los delanteros Flores y el argentino Giménez.
    En mi opinión debería ser Fernándes y Canío la dupla titular.

17. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Tuvo mujeres? Necesitamos una nueva seleccion femenina.

18. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    ...what do you guys know from this deaf kid Matias from the youth squad of Catolica? I heard they won the youth championship and this kid was one of the best in that team? Is this just hype cause he happens to be deaf or is he really that good?