A big name TFC in near future? What's your thought guys???

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by vanquish910, May 14, 2007.

1. iceman309

iceman309 Red Card

Apr 21, 2006
    how about making a trade for dewayne derosario, im fed up with this eskandarian kid and o'brien gets hurt often, derosario is canadian, scores goals, and has a big following in the caribbean community.

2. TFC Warrior

TFC Warrior New Member

May 14, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I wonder what TFC would have to give up to get De Rosario?

Would be hefty from what he has accomplished in the league so far.

It would be nice, but I cannot see this happening...at least not yet...;)

3. Nuvinho

Nuvinho New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Downtown Toronto
    I would say Edu, next year's 1st pick, and probably another first rounder in 2009 (if its not the top 3 picks).

If I was Toronto FC, I would offer the 2 or 3 first rounders they have for next year, and another one.

The core group of guys with DeRo.......could be good!!!

4. TFC Warrior

TFC Warrior New Member

May 14, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    That seems quite steep.

Personally I would not want to mortage the furture for the sake of getting a home-grown boy. He would look good in a TFC uniform though..:D

I think he was quoted that somewhere down the line he would be interested in comming to TFC, but for the time being he likes it in houston.

5. iceman309

iceman309 Red Card

Apr 21, 2006
    how bout:
    -sutton
    -o'brien
    -eskandarian
    -2 first round picks
    -cash

we get:
    -derosario
    -draft picks

6. hodgkiss

hodgkiss New Member

May 21, 2006
    Toronto
    gee without sutton and o'brien, things woulda been a little different last night... they both had very good games! nice ball in from ROB and a few great saves from sutton as well. esky??? i dunno man, i really think he's having a hrad time. he has had plenty of opportunity but at this point, i really like dichio and buddle starting and lombardo in late for dichio. esky is worth something especially to maybe houston where dalglish is out right now and they are having some troubles scoring on their own...

esky for a draft pick? lose the salary and more for signing a bigger player...

7. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    You know what, DeRo is talented, but if he doesn't wanna come here we are not gonna beg for him.

Its true that I would love to see Zizou play for MLS but at the same time I don't want OUR Toronto FC giving up an arm and a leg to get just one player.

We are good as it is for a young team and we are only gonna get better, a big name is just gonna bolster us a little bit. I have faith in this team I am sure there are others (in mass number) who believes in this team.

8. .:Rabid

.:Rabid New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Wow...that's horrendous... Glad you're not incharge of TFC.

And the only thing TFC would give up for Zizou would be a DP slot and Ca$h money. (Something MLSE has plenty of)

9. iceman309

iceman309 Red Card

Apr 21, 2006
    toronto would be a good place for zizou to resurrect his career, he could go on a tour of st.clair street and make peace with the italians, lol. All jokes aside hopefully TFC gets a few big names but doesnt spend too much.

10. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007

Why don't we ask the Algerian community in Toronto to write a petition to Zizou to come to Toronto for at 2 seasons. I mean Zizou in is heart is Algerian no doubt and this may work.

I am not even joking I am serious, I would like to see Zizou in Toronto. Besides what other team can actually offer a proper football environment other than us, the mighty TFC. Yeah you can quote me on that, I said it, THE MIGHTY TORONTO FOOTBALL CLUB.

11. .:Rabid

.:Rabid New Member

Apr 26, 2007
    Maybe DC but we all know a 55,000 stadium in DC looks gay with their 25,000 a game attendance, our full stadium rocks louder then theirs any night. I doubt Mr.Headbutt would want to come to MLS but who said you can't dream?

I heard though that Del Piero is serious about MLS....

12. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    Remember ADIDAS is our apparel sponsor and don't you think Zizou being still signed by ADIDAS can work somehow??? Considering we just ADIDAS shit load of money.

And yes you are right its ok to dream. Thank God we don't get taxed to dream.

13. iceman309

iceman309 Red Card

Apr 21, 2006
    I have no doubt Zizou would love Toronto. MLSE has the cash, they could bring him during the summer, allow him to stay at a 5 star hotel, take him to a nice restaurant, and allow him to watch a FC game in a packed stadium, then take him on a tour of the city during onbe of our summer festivals. Zizou will never wanna leave. We can make him team captain and reserve the #10 uniform.

14. TorFC-TML

TorFC-TML New Member

May 5, 2007
    Toronto

LOL

That is madness.

15. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    I may be sound like dreamer, may be I already do, but sky is the limit, lets all sign a petition and request Zizou to come here and TFC to place an offer. The guy made money and is still making money. He knows we can't pay him as much Real did but he can still be paid well enough. He loves the game. He's nothing to prove. He can come here enjoy his football and at the same have relaxed life. No pressure.

16. Flaming Testicles

Flaming Testicles New Member

May 14, 2007
    T.O
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Zidane will not come to TFC let alone MLS, can we please move on, and not talk about signing petitions and reserving him a number and taking him to fancy restaurants etc etc etc.:rolleyes:

17. vanquish910

vanquish910 New Member

May 13, 2007
    Hey I heard of gas price going, tax rate going up, getting taxed to take shit even these days or breath. But who ever said we can't dream. When was teh DON'T DREAM law passed ???????

18. pura_vida362

pura_vida362 Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Mississauga, Canada
    Oh gosh now people gonna start like 5 "ZIZOU TO TFC" threads....