Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 Part II[R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RacingGirl, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrooge

scrooge New Member

Sep 29, 2010
    A lot of these guys play full 90 minutes for their club and only partial for many NT games.

Ortega's more of a midfielder. NT and club scoring about the same.
    Caniggia was a winger. Club vs NT about the same.
    Lavezzi's a winger who doesn't score that much for club. Too little time in NT to tell but he scored 6 in 10 games in U-23.
    Messi plays as a midfielder for the NT.
    Lisandro too few games.

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Btw, Messi is Champions league top scorer for third consecutive time

except if raul scores 7 and hernandez scores 8

and on interesting notes... out of Raul 71 CL goals, 18 of them at knockout phase and 53 of them at group stage... while Messi has scored 17 at knockout stage

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What do you guys make of Mascherano's performance in central defense for Barca against Real?

Of course we need him in midfield, but on the other hand, when is the last time Argentina had a central defender so fast and quick? We always seem to get burned by speed on defense, especially by Brazil.

5. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    OMG! It's as if you were inside my brains. I had planned on posting something about this. Masch has deputized very admirably in central defense at Barca. While I don't rate his ability in the air very highly and that could be a liability, it's not like the taller jokers we've had in there have been exactly stout in the air. With the vast amount of talent we have at DM, I actually think it would be a good move to try him out in the back. He's smart, fast, reads the game well, and is a world class tackler. His recklessness may also hurt at times but once again, I think the positives would outweigh the negatives.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can slot Masch in defense and put Banega as the holding, put Pastore has the creator lining up with Lio. That trio has come together sooner than later. Pastore does have the tendency to lose the ball but if you have Banega around him, he will win back the ball. I am not overly keen on watching Banega,Masch,Cambiasso, it's a bit too defense for me. The only problem is that Masch and Busquets were inner-changing at times. Is there somebody that can switch win Masch at times and go play defense?

7. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Fazio

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know most people on these boards don't follow south american futbol, but i'll fill you in on the updates:

all the mercenary argentinos who were playing in Brazil are OUT of the copa:
    D'alessandro, Conca, Cavenaghi, Bolatti, Guinazu, Montillo MERCENARIOS HDPS!!!! A estos solo les importa la guita, no tienen hambre de gloria!!!

d'alessandro i hope you never come back to river you traitor

[​IMG]

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL, I give you one thing Gaucho and it's your passion for River. The biggest question I have ever had for D'Ale is, when is your voice ever going to crack and you start to sound like a man? :D

Impressive come back by Libertad. I look forward to watch Estudiantes y Cerro Porteno(If I have time). I wonder if Iturbe will play for Cerro Porteno. Bye bye to see Cruzerio :D.

It's nice to see these Brazilian's sides getting knocked out, it would be even better if we have 2 Argentine sides advance and only 1 Brazilian if Estudiantes and Velez go through.

10. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    As it stands, Santos X Velez final is a possibility. Certainly a neutral's choice...

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well i was happy Inter went out because D'Alessandro is a guy i don't trust and he just signed a 5 year contract at Inter... this also opens the door for Cavenaghi to return

But yes the Brazilian teams are all out, and considering all the trash talk done by brazilian posters on BS it feels sweet... now all they have left is Santos of Neymar and Ganso, who plays Once Caldas

Tonight Estudiantes without Veron, plays Cerro Porteño coach by Leonardo Astrada and with a number of Argentinos on the pitch as well like Nanni and Fabbro

Later, Velez takes a 3-0 lead to the altitude of Quito to play Liga one of the best teams in sout america the last 5 years or so

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It certainly was a night of decimation for the Brazillian teams, and to think it was only the other week Goal.com wrote about the domination of the CL by Brazillian teams. ;)

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Messi is already top scorer in the CL for a 3rd year in a row unless Chicharito scores 8 goals in the final :p.

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea, regardless who win the final, he will take the golden boots

15. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    "Dark day in Brazilian football history" Certainly not an overblown headline for the Brazilian media.

Libertadores is wide open now. Santos and Velez are the logical favorites.
    Nice to see the Uruguayan giants back where they belond. Pacheco, Martinuccio (an Argie), Luis Aguiar are nice players.
    Once Caldes got an interesting team. Dayro Moreno and Renteria are nice players up front.
    U Catolica got the Boca fellas Pratto and Canete, both catalysts in their victory over Gremio. Mirocevic, Villanueva et al are nice players as well.
    Libertad got Rodrigo Rojas, neat player, though his River days never came to fruition. They got an Argie striker (Pavlovich) and an Argie center back (Canuto), also other nice players in Victor Caceres, Paraguay's WC defensive mid guy, Aquino, Bonet and others.
    The only uninteresting teams in the quarters may be one of Jaguares/Junior

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    this year the libertadores is proving yet again it is the greatest tournament in the world. It may not have the big names that Champions League fans crave, but in our competition, the CLUBS are the big names... in South America, we root for clubs, not for individual players...

I think Junior good have a shot, and I wouldn't be surprised if Once Caldas beat Santos. Once Caldas is a great team, Colombian Champions, it was shocking how bad they were in the group... Santos only beat America thanks to their great goalkeeper Rafael and a well taken goal from Ganso in the first leg

i can't wait for the games to continue tonight, and more importantly i can't wait until next year when River is back in it

17. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Hopefully the Libertadores convinces Erik to stay around for awhile. The third party dealings we have been hearing as of late is pretty disturbing.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i don't believe that 3rd party crap... yet. I'm pretty sure Lamela will stay one more year at least, remember he comes from a middle class family where money is not an issue... plus he's been getting paid big bucks by River since he was 12, i don't think he's in any rush to leave and he's said himself he doesn't want to go

DAP i think is also making a contingency plan and I think he still wants to sell Funes Mori before Erik... remember, Buonanotte is already leaving in June, and the future of Carrizo and Pavone are up in the air. DAP needs to be careful this coming window, if he dismantles the team, forget being reelected. I have faith in el Gran Capitan

19. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Carrizo has to stay if this team wants to win something. Holding on to Pavone would be nice too. He is a nice player who holds the ball well. A bit more attacking formation will do him (and other offensive players) good. Funes should have been sold last summer for nearly 15 mil offer (!...) that came from Benfica. Even 7-8 mil is good bargain with him. Plus, the Euro teams know how to work better with this kind of player than teams from our place do. Will do him good.

Affranchino will probably be out as well. Udinese wanted to get him this past summer...I see them coming around with another offer again.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i honestly think the 15 mil offer was a lie made up by the press... passarella said the highest offer was 8... he wants 13 million euros minimum for Funes Mori

I think Funes Mori will end up being worth that, he just needs to start scoring. I'm confident he will this weekend... what killed him was that crappy, waste of time U20 tournament. He goes to a tournament, plays with a joke of a coach, he comes back injured and crappy AFA doesn't even include a medical report and he misses the first 8 games of the clausura... a complete waste... its no wonder clubs don't want to release players for the AFA when you see the unprofessionalism of the coaches and medical staff grondona has put in charge. the players are better off staying at the clubs with proper coaches, doctors, and trainers... just look at how much lamela has developed and funes mori has regressed all due to that one month fm9 spent in peru

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    What the hell got into Maxi Rodriguez? He's scored 7 goals in 3 games for Liverpool. 2 hat tricks in his last 3 games.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good for Maxi, always liked him. He gave one of the great memories in the football world.

Pastore is being linked to Roma, seems like a legit offer, around 30m. I hope Palermo president does not open his mouth ad say he is worth a 100million! Roma would be a move up, but Totti seems so old, who plays upfront for em? But staying in Italian football is ideal, he can start game in and game game out.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hattrick, a goal and another hattrick

I think he just made sure batista that he should be in copa america....

25. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's been on fire, just in time to make it on to the Copa radar. If stays hot it would be hard not to give him a consideration. Of course staying healthy is the other part.

Pastore going to Roma could be a great move. I think he and Totti have some similar characteristics in how they play the game. Also the opportunity to get mentored by Totti is to good to not factor.