93/94 Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Toxoman, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    I heard they lost on PK's in the semi-Finals to eventual winner, Bangu Tsunami

2. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Toxoman,

How did you enjoy the tournament this weekend? I thought it had lots of great competition. Every game seemed hard fought. Some surprises as well.

3. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Yeah, not sure if you heard our Gators game went 1-1...and we had 2 goals taken away in the last 6 minutes -- the second, the center ref had marked his score card, set the ball in the middle of the field and the Gators coaches berated the AR into putting up her flag for an offside -- which was not true...that was fairly disappointing to see. (The first was on a free kick, hit the post, came out and was reshot in for a goal -- the center ref said he was not ready for the kick -- although he had stopped backing up, and stood for about 3 seconds prior to the kick....)

But, that game and all 4 games we played were great games to be sure. We went 2-1-1 -- with one win and one loss coming on PKs...I think we probably played better than what our numbers showed, but most every game in the tournament seemed pretty well balanced.

Hawks going 0-4 was stunning!

4. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I did hear about that game. Hate to see anyone lose tie etc on something like that. Glad to see your team competed well and really thats what this tournament is about. No one won every game and only one team failed to win a game "michigan hawks". Interested in seeing the ranking and if it changes any. I think some teams showed they should be a little higher and one should be ranked a lot lower.

I can see the hawks losing to the Blaze the were one and one going into that game. I can even see them losing to the Wolfpack who had a nice run, but to lose to hilliard was kind of crazy and then to lose to the sycamore arsenall that had lost all of their games and had not scored a goal was amazing.

3 ohio south teams beat the hawks had to throw that in from another thread on the other board:)

I saw the eclipse play some too looked like a solid team. going 2-1-1 in that tournament is fantastic. Wish I could have seen more of your team. So many good games going on at once. Hope your team comes down to Dayton for the MEAD tourney top level tourney. Congrats on a great weekend. Wish we could play that level teams every weekend.

5. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Yep, it was a solid tournament -- I think our team was a little disappointed they didn't play better -- but the comp forces that sometimes...

I see Hoffman won the Rockford Spring Fling this past weekend -- any news from that or any other tournaments?

Anyone playing over Easter?

6. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Tox is right. Lost to Bangu in PKs 3-2 in the semi finals. Great, hard fought game, 0-0 in regulation. No overtime, straight to PK's. It is hard to defeat the same team 3 times in a row (beat Bangu twice last spring). Our girls were a little confused getting back to the small field (play 11v11 in league).

Overall, it was a great tourney, defense had 4 shutouts (only goals scored were 2 PK's).

Look forward to getting back up for JFG.

7. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    I will try better for JFG, I have an item for you anyway. I gave one to Tox also. Just trying to do my part. If you can, forward me your JFG schedule.

8. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
  9. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Toxoman,

I tried to reply to your message kept getting error message.
    Any way I would attend the Mead tournament over the op tourny. Both are real strong. Get teams from St lOuis and all over. I would also suggest the Germantown in Memphis strong tournament unbelievable complex.

10. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    We did enjoy Germantown last year and the complex is great. Playing under the lights at night was also a treat, albeit a little chilly.

Why Mead over Ohio Premier?

11. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    You know I don't know. Being from Ohio South I guess it just always was considered the better tournament. I think you get more teams from out of State at it as well. It use to be called Dayco just in case you didn't know.

Love the Memphis complex we were down for the Labor day tournament but did't have the greates of competition. We were told that we needed to come down for the Germantown tourney. Those fields are the best I have seen.

You need to get your team to the sycamore invitational next year. Great competition. Let me know if you are interested.

12. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    We are playing in JFG also. But, we are opposite weekends since we are U14. Too bad, I would like to meet some of you also.....but R2 has all the luck!

He just has too much time on his hands. How many Bangu Tsunami teams are there? Is there a U12 and U14? Or are they playing up for JFG? We play a Bangu Tsunami (blue). Matter of fact, we play them first. What can you tell me about them? We are a pretty big, physical team with decent speed (depending on line-up). What type of game do they play?

Rat, I just realized what club you guys play for..... that Mallorca team is incredible! Very nicely rounded team. We played them last year in the Heritage Invitational, not a good outcome for us. Rather not discuss.....:(

13. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Yes, the Germantown tourney will have better competition. Actually got to play a Texas team last year, and won. Funny thing was that the parents for the other team were talking smack the whole game. Saying "Nothing from Kansas beats Texas".

Would love to get an invite to the Sycamore Invitational next year! Where do we sign up? It appeared that no invites went out west of the Mississippi this year. We were indeed envious of the good competition that was gathered there this year.

14. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Bangu Tsunami is the top club in Minnesota. They have teams at each age group and are a VERY good club. At the U12 level, they are very big and play a free flowing, possession soccer style. No useless booting of the ball, everything with a purpose. If the U14's are anything like the U12's, they will be a test for sure.

Mallorca is our banner team right now. Coached by Jon Parry and sometimes Peter Vermes. They definitely will be a force at Regionals this year. When our coach has to leave the Rats due to high school conflicts, Jon and Peter are scheduled to take over. Not a bad transition for us.

15. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Rat,

Originally there were teams coming from Texas and Baltimore but both backed out due to schedule conflicts. If you guys are really interested I will talk to one of the guys in charge and find out what the process is. If your team is highly ranked "which it is" I would also suggest having the coach send an email saying the team was interested in playing in it next year.

I'm not sure how far the travel would be but we have teams down before the season for friendlies as well. for example: Michigan Hawks , Ohio Premier, St louis Sc. that is some great competition. Its nothing official but is worth doing as well.

Are you guys going back to germantown? or to Mead?

16. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Not sure on Germantown. We were looking at possibly the Texas Cup in Dallas or possibly Germantown. As far as Mead, I think there is a conflict with the Metro United tourney in St. Louis that we were possibly attending.

How can our coach get "in touch" with the right people to get us there next year? Can you send me a pm with contact information?

17. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Rat and I had tried to organize a Spring Friendly in the StL area for this past March, but it fell through....maybe we could try and bring this all together for the kids for next year in the Spring....I know our club was in and we had a few others that were interested as well.

18. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    How can our coach get "in touch" with the right people to get us there next year? Can you send me a pm with contact information?

Rat I will talk to some people to find out how it all works and pm you with information. We usually have several friendlies before the season. We also travel to Louisville for some as well.

Toxoman I will find out the right information for you guys so you can pass it on and get something set up.

Rat if I am correct we went down to the Metro and the only real good team in the tourney was the St louis arsenal. Just and fyi ...if I'm correct. Plus you could have a chance to play us.;)

Also Toxoman I send the information up for the tournament. I hope he makes some changes. From that other site.

19. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    That must have been a couple of years ago at Metro. Last year TSC White was there, St L Schmitt, St. L Fine, Wolfpack, and others. It was quite competitive, wish we had been there.

Either way, I look forward to the information. We are at that stage where we are beginning to focus more nationally from the fall forward.

20. XSOX

XSOX New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Question . . . These girls are 11 and 12 years old so . . . . Do the girls ever
    come home from practice and say, "I got stuck with bad partner/team at practice"?
    Do you have certain kids that complain they have "no friends on the team"?
    Do they complain and talk about each other (this girl was too aggressive, this girl stinks). I know they at an age where this happens . . .
    Just wondering if all the teams are like this . . . PMS and all!

21. socca

socca New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Chicago
    Can't speak for anyone else...but I have a U14 AND a U12, both girls and both playing high level soccer. U12 had issues with her old team, lots of nastiness, back stabbing and complaining. BUT I really believe that it comes from the parents down. These kids were the same one's whose parents were complaining that 'Susie' is so good she should be playing up, or complaining about positioning, playing time, etc.

..She has since changed Club's and teams and loves the girls she plays with. We have had them sleep over and they are nice, kind and seem to be 'team players'. We just came back from tournement in Rockford where we lost an important game and not one girl had a bad attitude. Now I don't know what they said in the car on the way home! LOL, but they seem to be getting the concept of win as a team and lose as a team.

Now that I reread what I wrote I have to amend what I said. I do think that kids get the attitude from the parents, but I also believe that the team attitude comes from the coach. If the girls feel secure in their positions, if they feel they are well coached/trained and if the coach is more positive than negitive, I believe that this will filter down to the girls. If the coach encourages team play vs. ball hogging and rewards those who are team players, then it will make a difference how the girls view themselves and each other. Insecurity breeds the need for attention.

My U14 dd had a heck of a time when she joined her team in 6th grade. Lots of nastiness and awful girl stuff. Now that they are in 8th grade I don't hear about it as much and they do all seem much more accepting of each other. More compliments flying back and forth and less tears in the car after practice's.

I am pretty sensitive to the issue of girl nastiness since my older daughter actually had to change schools midway thru 6th grade, due to bullying by girls. Read the book: Queen Bee's and Wanna Be's. Great insight into how nasty our little angels can really be.;)

22. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Tears?! Holy Cow. I have a daughter as well (U15), and Iv never been thru her crying after a session or match. You have to ask yourself and her, is it worth it??

23. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Anyone seen any of these teams play?
    Brentwood Power
    Mighty Bluebirds
    Ohio Elite
    MI Hawks
    KC Select Scream Red
    Team Chicago Comets
    Eclipse Select

(these are the teams at the Brentwood tournament this weekend....)

24. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Guys-- I may get to meet some of you after all! We were asked for my daughter to play on an age appropriate team for our club. She will be playing for the U13 Menace in JFG.

REG2, are you going to be there? For that matter, you gonna be at JFG this weekend for the U14 and up? Maybe on the second weekend of JFG you could introduce me to some of the folks from here. Would love to put faces to screen names.

25. WillNeverForget04

WillNeverForget04 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Oh man I've been threw it all, nasty parents, Coaches and players all on my kids same team. I got a GU11 playin on a good GU13 team and shes also YOP. She's been playin since she was four. I started seein the attitudes and egos at about GU8 or GU10. For the most part the team she's on now the girls and parents are alright, the coaches attitude sucks though. YOP has some bad attitude and ego players. But my kid loves soccer and where I live I don't have too many options, shoot I have tah go 250 miles to YOP practice once in awhile. It doesn't effect my kid that much she's got her honor and sportsmanship. She's a starter and she plays hard. But I can tell that bad attitudes and egos does effect the play. Another thing I've noticed is for the most part a really good athelete does not have a bad attitude or ego, they don't have to, they're too much into THEIR game. As long as she's happy playin the game I just sit back, keep my mouth shut and do what's expected of me.