93/94 Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Toxoman, Mar 6, 2006.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    3v3 is good, yeah. The soccer coaches get all shirty about 3v3 because they consider it an incomplete format, they want 4v4 which gives more tactical options and a diamond can be formed.

Whatever. Doubt that Pele fussed too much if there were only 6 kids around and said, "Dang we can't play until we get 4v4." Demands ball skills, close control, everybody's gotta play offense & defense, there's no hiding on the field for the weaker players. Good stuff.

2. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Ha Ha -- Yeah, 3v3 has its benefits -- but after a while, I think the kids get the triangle -- and the footwork needed and the need to get rid of passes -- and how to drop a ball for someone....

Your daughter is MJ? Get her a shoe deal!

3. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    3v3 was fun, while it lasted (even thou I think its a team buster), but bring up Futsol, Now that is a game. F A S T. We had the best Futsol court/building for 2 yrs before it went belly up. You get to see some school being taught watching Futsol.

4. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Its all good -- 3v3, futsal, small sided, large sided -- heck, good coaches, bad coaches can be good -- you can learn something from any of it....

Any U12s going to any March tournaments? Jefferson Cup is upcoming...Vulcan Cup just concluded. There are a number of teams in R2 going to Border Battle and Javanon Cup and Indy Round Robin.

5. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    The Brentwood Women's Adidas Cup Beackets have been posted...

http://www.soccerscheduler.com/directors/vieweventteamscleanb.asp?eventid=526

U12 Gold Bracket has MI Hawks (Ranked #2 in the country by NSR)and KC Scream as the top rated two -- and Bracket 2 has Mighty Blue Birds (Ranked #1 in the counrtry by Gotsoccer) and Eclipse.

Tough team throughout the U12 brackets!

Any thoughts on favorites for this one?

6. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    JB Marine takes the Javanon Cup over the weekend....

7. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Also over the weekend, The Border Battle in Jefferson City, MO:

U12 Girls
    Semi Finals:
    Wolfpack 4 NOKC Red 3 (PKs)
    Eclipse 2 Metro United 1 (OT)

Finals:
    Eclipse 3 Wolfpack 1

8. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Tox, Congrates to Ms Tox and crew!! The future is with them. They have some really big boots to fill.

9. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The dynasty begins! :cool:

Your girls should scrimmage the U12 Wind boys (my favorite U12 team). They're dinky; your girls could boot them all over the field. But they have a ton of attacking flair. They're a fun team to play against.

10. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Yeah, I think they are starting to realize how big of shoes they have to fill on the club -- many of them already know, having older sisters on the club at various ages...being a newly formed team back in August, they are starting to look good together....

That would be a cool scrimmage -- JohnR, do you have a contact with that team? I might be able to set it up....

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Sure. PM me.

12. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Any one with any new news? A whole day goes by with no U12 Girls news -- come on people! :rolleyes:

13. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    JB Marine Beats MTSC Blaze at Javanon 1-0 on a penalty kick from a handball in the box. Thats some news.

14. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Hey -- good to see you on this Board as well Kick It!

JB beat Eclipse at Fall BOMW on the same thing -- late handball in the box tied it at 2 -- they played 2 scoreless OTs and JB won on PKs....

Eclipse got a late call in the box against Metro and converted the PK to tie the Semi-Final and force OT (where they won) at the Border Battle last weekend....

15. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
  16. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Ic they played 8vs8. Wow they play a lot of tournaments. I did not recognize any of the teams they played but don't travel to Arkansas that much. Have never seen them play before. I recognized some of the teams in the 11 vs 11 division.

Tox I see that the elcipse is playing the Gators and Sycamore Arsenal. I think you should be able to win those games. Not sure if you have played any of them before. That is your eclipse team correct?

17. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Yep we are with Eclipse...have you seen the Gators? Or Arsenal? That will be a tough tournament to win -- even if we get out of that pool, we will most likely face StLSC -- and then Warren County or the MI Hawks -- all tough one!

Yep the Bluebirds have loaded up on 8v8 tourney wins to be sure -- they must be tough -- we will play them in Tenn in April (they are in our pool)....

18. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Yes,

I know both those teams. Sycamore is the host of the tournament and probably the weakest team in the field. The Gators are good but not a great team. Solid. They did have a big tourney win in NC at the casl tourny.

For instance in the premier division in Cincinnati it is usually: MTSC Blaze first, Warren County second and Sycamore third or 4th. At least thats how its been 2 of the last three seasons.

I think you should advance out of your bracket

I think Ohio Premier should come out of the B bracket though St Louis is tough. I have seen both them multiple times. Ohio Premier is BIG. St Louis is small both good. I don't know anything about Canton.

Bracket C will be either MTSC Blaze or Hawks. Their record against each other is 1 and 1 and 1. So should be a great game. Last one was a 1-0 game at Javanon championship game in 2005.

Group D I'll go with JB Marine. They picked up three girls from the St. Louis Arsenal and have improved. Warren County has lost 9 of 14 girls from the State cup team in the past few months. Though they still are good.
    Hilliard is a good team but should be no match for either of those two teams.

Very tough tournament to win. Depends which teams are on. Not much difference in the talent levels. Carmel won it last year and I would have had them ranked fifth of the teams in it.

See now you know what I know.

19. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Good feedback to be sure!

I figured this would be a pretty level tournament (and very difficult to win) -- I know our 12s went last year and ended up losing 3 straight -- I believe they had a lead at half in each of those games...and ended up losing each one.

I expect the winner of this one will truly deserve it! The only team we have played was JB Marine -- which we lost to on PKs at BOMW...

Is it the StL Schmitt team?

20. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    If Schmitt is the A team then yes that is the St Louis team. I know their B team has gotten good as well.

21. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    We played StL Fine and Henning back in August -- I believe Fine is the B team -- they are a VERY good B team -- beat us 2-0....Even Henning is a pretty solid team if that is their C group (we won 3-0)....

22. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Congrats to the Baltimore Bays for winning the U12 top flight at the Jefferson Cup last weekend!

23. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NSR Brackets are up....Any favorites?

24. Jumbo1

Jumbo1 Member

Feb 19, 2000
    TN.
    Bluebirds tied 2 and won 1 this weekend. They didn't make it out of the bracket. There was lots of rain and the county didn't allow teams to slide tackle the 2nd day. The fields were bermuda and the root system was in place, so the footing wasn't an issue. I guess counties sometimes don't know the sport well and can make strange rulings. This was a big deal to the Bluebirds. They tied the Chattannoga Assault and TNFC Blue. They are a very good team; however, not as strong as one would be led by the rankings, which the coach didn't fail to mention.

25. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Hey Rat, How did your team do in the WDM Friendlies this past weekend. I tried to get down there to visit, but couldnt get out of the office in time?
    I will try again when your up here for the JFG