93/94 Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Toxoman, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Metro and Raleigh are about all that is left foe tournaments in the Fall in the middle of the country...any predicitions from either of those tournaments? And predicitions for the Spring? Teams on the rise -- teams on the decline? How do folks see state cups filling out for Regionals for the U-Littles as they head to their first Regional tournament in June?

I guess now that games are slowing down I can get out there and see some of those games R2 talked about because I don't know nuttin about no college soccer or no pro soccer....I see your point about folks not following their sport at the college and pro levels, but I don't think that is why the sport fizzles at those upper levels in this country -- but this is probably the wrong thread to discuss it....

What we should be discussing:
    How did the Hawks and StL Schmitt look at state cups that they just won -- and congrats to both of them for already being set for Regionals!

2. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Tox,

Germantown is still left as well...fyi Mid November.

3. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reborn women's league coming in 2008. I have that on very good authority from someone who would know.

Keep pushing away for the role models.

4. slojo

slojo New Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Observation from the U13 Michigan State Cup: The final between the Hawks and Gators wasn't the most exciting of contests. Both teams appeared very nervous and it showed in their play (sloppy). The Hawks capitalized on their opportunities and the Gators didn't have any significant scoring chances.

I am sure there will be better games between the two down the road.

The biggest surprise from the state come in my opinion came from Vardar. They lost to the Hawks 1-0 in the semi's but actually controlled a significant amount of that game. This is a team that could be a real threat in region II. Of course I have only seen them play the one game. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the CASL tournament this upcoming weekend to see if they are for real or not. I am betting they are.

5. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    We will get to play them down in Casl. We have played the Hawks and are 2-2 against them....I saw that they had a good showing against the Hawks...I will give you an update after this weekend.

6. slojo

slojo New Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Kick It, are you from the Blaze? I am sure it says where you are from in this thread somewhere but it is just too long to read again. I have a daughter that plays on the Hawks (new to them this year). This has really been a fun age group to watch. There are just so many teams that can beat each other on any given day. Good luck at CASL.

7. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    How did you guys do in Raleigh?

We did pretty well winning the Elite A bracket without conceding a goal.

8. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Slojo,

That is correct. On the Blaze..some of the best games I have seen..Very strong age group here in region 2. I agree with your statement ....we beat the Hawks 3-1 and 2 months later they beat us 4-1....just depends who is on......

Casl was not the best for us...we won it last year but this year we just couldn't score ...off to memphis this weekend so chance to get it back.....

Favorite game ever to watch was the championship at Javanon the Hawks beat us 1-0,,, great game up and down, fun game to watch even though we lost....Best skilled game I have seen.....imo

cval are you with the burn????

9. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    CAA Clash (Just south of Jacksonville Fl North of St Augustine)

We were Elite A you guys where in the higher bracket. We are still developing our reputation so should be in the higher brackets next year.

How was Team Boca?