9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info (Part 2, as in 2-0)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nysoccerfaninfl

nysoccerfaninfl New Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Panama City Florida
    Off suject a little. When I type in crew stadium Columbus, Ohio insted of One Black & Gold I get 2121 Velma Ave, as you can tell I have never been to crew stadium before, a little help would be aprceiated. (SEC 205 row 17) I was hopeing to get in the SA sec, but did not here from ussoccer (fax order on the 21st) So I did not want to take a chance and, went with the ussoccer pre sale.

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

I hope beyond hope this happens.

Rep coming.

3. MarkBox

MarkBox Member

Aug 1, 2002
    CA Hills
    I'd like to see a pro-USMNT crowd as much as the next supporter. I'm on board with the rationale of that (and I wouldn't give out my password casually that's for sure).

I'm still undecided about trying to make the Columbus trip and wanted to check out what the possibilities were. This thread had a pretty negative slant about tickets and I guess I got down on the idea. Thanks for the suggestions though. Next stop, signing up with USSoccer.

As for the red wig and face paint... not quite my style :) But, you can count on me adding decibels to the choir of USMNT supporters. Just ask my neighbors any time a USMNT match or Earthquakes match is on TV :D

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
  5. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    for those that need a translation.. Dashboard Widgets says:

"I need the key to buy tickets for the Mexico party against E.U. I want
    to go to support tri with my Pope. It is its cumpleanos in September
    and it wanted to take. Thanks for the aid."

THIS is exactly why we must be especially careful.

6. Wizhawk

Wizhawk Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edited...
    but good detective work.

7. JLZ286

JLZ286 Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Ann Arbor
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh my god im such an idiot for thinking it would be easy to go to this game. Ok I dont have a password and dont worry im not asking for one, I just had a few questions. I went to ticketmaster.com and it wouldnt let me buy tickets without the password. So what im wondering is, on ussoccer.com it says tickets go one sale august 2nd, im assuming these are for the general public. What are the chances that I could get a seat? I really want to go but im going to have to fly out from DC and if im going to get stuck sitting with a bunch of green idiots I rather stay home and watch it on tv. Are the $95 seats the only ones that are gonna be available. Thanks.

8. JR_in_NYC

JR_in_NYC New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Yeah I hope there are tickets left come Aug 2. I also hope I'm not sitting in the Mexican section, cause that would suck a lot. I was so glad that the seats I got for the Cold Cup this past weekend were not in the corner with Panamanian fans. I would have gone mad.

Also to those who have been to stadium, is tailgating allowed, portable grills? I didn't see anything on the Columbus Crew website about it. Thanks.

P.S. To the previous poster who thought I'm some kind of Mexican fan looking for tickets, sorry to burst your bubble.

9. soccrplayr21

soccrplayr21 New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    i have a password to buy tickets, and won't be able to make it to the game. i signed up with ussoccer.com for the sole purpose to be able to buy the presale tickets for this game, even though i knew it was very doubtful i would make it. how come some of you who figured you would go didn't do this? anyway i have a password and will give it to a red blooded flag waving red shirt wearing USA nat fan. as others have said, you are gonna have to prove it to me, cause i am sure not gonna let any of those dang greenshirts sit where i am supposed to be and i don't want to see a single greenshirt in the stands while i am watching the game. so if you want the password you will need to provide good evidence of being a USA supporter. :cool:

10. soccerpops

soccerpops New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Metro DC
    WOW!!! I thought you guys were a bunch of paranoids. But here's the babblefish translation:[p]
    I need the key to buy tickets for the Mexico party against E.U. I want to go to support tri with my Pope. It is its cumpleanos in September and it wanted to take. Thanks for the aid.

11. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001

is there an echo?

12. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky

Yeah but if he's gonna bring the Pope with him maybe it would be worth it for the extra media coverage that would attract :). Aren't web translation services wonderful?

13. JR_in_NYC

JR_in_NYC New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Why would the Pope root for Mexico? You'd think he'd be rooting for Team Germany. :)

14. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I still have two codes... USNT fans PM me.

15. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have 2 passwords. Due to changing my email from hotmail to gmail. I bought SA tix so these are up for grabs. PM me and I'll hit you with one. That is after I see either a green card, birth certificate or sworn affidavit of USMNT support. And you can tell me the Capital of Kentucky.

16. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let it go man.

If it doesn't affect you, you're not human.

:D

You could just buy the two tix together and unload the other tix on the boards or at the game. Just a suggestion.

17. Dantezo

Dantezo Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Jeonju, S. Korea

Hey JR.. Juan Rodriguez? I have a Password- Why don't you send your name and address and I will mail it to you.
    I will do the same for all the other El tri clowns trying to get passwords ;)

18. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you were a true US fan, you wouldn't need the password. Nonetheless, I'm sure a few will fall through the cracks. I've got a password that I don't need since I'll be with Sam's Army. US fans can pm me if they want it. US fan verification will be required.

19. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW - Only single tickets are available.

20. soccerpops

soccerpops New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Metro DC
    Man, I wish you guys worked for INS.

21. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Dude, didnt you already get a code and tickets? Why are you asking me for one? Are you a scalper?

22. soccerpops

soccerpops New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Metro DC
    You got my private reply - I'm not a scalper. But i'm interested in trying to 'beat' ticketmaster. I still think reasonable pairs in nearby rows can be found. Just wanted to try. I'll share my findings.

23. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I think he was actually praising our vigilence on Operation Keep Away from Mexicans.

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I've tried all combinations of locations and prices... only singles left.

25. soccerpops

soccerpops New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Metro DC
    Does anyone have a code with a single seat left? I want try see what single seats are available.