9/3 US vs Mexico US Supporter Info (Part 2, as in 2-0)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by BuffloSoldier, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usnavy

usnavy New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    I'll correct my post... I said 3-1...Maybe a 2-0 for the U.S.

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I thing people are forgetting why we have a "presale" these are supposed to be US fans....These US fans would have been signed up at ussoccer long ago if they were US fans!

Maybe I'm just being paraniod, but I don't and wouldn't give any tix or passwords out to someone I cannot see! In fact, I'll burn the 4 extra tix I have before I let a Mexican fan in the stadium...

As for the size of the stadium....It's not about the quantity it's about the quality! I'm sure this match could sell out the Rose Bowl, Giants Stadium and Reliant Stadium combined....BUT it would be 75% Mexies!!!

If I had my way this game would be in Juno, Alaska :D

JMO

Mike

3. houstonmlsfan

houstonmlsfan New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Houston
    Let's all give thanks that you're not getting your way.

4. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my tix this AM, which was strange. I logged on and TM said there were two great seats near midfield not too far back for $68. I did some more looking at other prices and tickets, decided I liked the original one and went back to that, at which point that offer had expired and the only $68 tix were in the upper deck. Sh!t. I hope that means the lower bowl has already sold out, but I think it just means TM is f'ed up. Well, at least I got my tickets, even if they're not in the ideal location.

About handing out passwords to others--I don't know if this can work. The email I got from ussoccer.com said that each password can only be used for one transaction. It's probably better to just buy some extras and then sell them to people you know are US fans.

5. soccerpops

soccerpops New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Metro DC
    How can ussoccer tell that they're US fans? If they can do that, we ought to put them in charge of the borders.

6. kingwho

kingwho New Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Minneapolis

this is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen written

since when is it racist and pro-kkk to not want fans of the most heated rival to get tickets to the game????
    its just being a home town fan and wanting a full stadium of usa supporters!
    nothing wrong with that

there will still be plenty of mexico supporters in the stands cuz usa supporters are mostly still too casual as fans to snap tix up immediately and usa soccer does such a lousy job of letting non-diehard fans know how to get tix

please stop with this dumb racial bating crap

7. houstonmlsfan

houstonmlsfan New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Houston
    I whole heartedly agree. I was just pointing out how assinine the remark was.

8. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one thinks this is a foolproof method. It's just likely that a private pre-sale to ussoccer.com subscribers will likely grab more US fans than a general sale. I hope the stands are packed with US fans, but I have my doubts. Does anyone remember about how many Mexican fans made it to Cbus in 01?

9. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There's a reason that people that just signed up at USSoccer didn't get passwords!! USSoccer does the best they can, legally! ;)

About the borders..... :D

As for HoustonMLS/Club America fan, I explained my post to him in PM in an effort to keep the political/racist stuff off the soccer boards.....

Mike

10. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update from Columbus on pregame/postgame events...

I will see to it that we post information by next Thursday. We have offers from three or four bars, we just need to finalize the plans and have the Columbus supporters who are coordinating this to get together as a group.

11. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    Did I miss out? When I got to Ticketmaster with my password from USSoccer if I try any amount other than 1 ticket is says that "there were no tickets available that matched your request."

This happens even if I request for the "Best Available" tickets at "Any Price"

Are there no groups of 2 tickets available already at 3:20 on the first day?

I'm going to be so pissed at myself if I blew this one.

12. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    We may need more than one bar for the amount of people that are coming into town. Just FYI.

Buff - need to spread rep more. Nice title of thread.

13. houstonmlsfan

houstonmlsfan New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Houston
    I'm indeed an MLS Fan but , no Club America fan. I'm sure that you're a DC United fan.
    I just want to see the US step up and play well so that soccer can be taken
    more seriously in our american sports world. I don't care if the fans are Mexican or American, the more the merrier.

14. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick question, will the Sams Army sections be general admission?

15. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Yes.

16. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sams-Army FAQ

Mike

17. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    excellent
    & thanks for the info

18. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA

Keep trying. At 10:01AM this morning, Ticketmaster told me I could only get the $95 tix as singles--no pair together. I thought this made sense, given the Crew presale, until I found other people getting four $95 tix together as late as 1PM.

Then, I bought a $68 pair "best available" and they gave me upper deck. Other people who bought around noon were getting lower deck midfield on the non-bench side for $68.

There is little rhyme or reason to it, and "best available" is just nonsense.

In other words, it's a crapshoot.

19. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    I can't even pull two tickets together with an unused password.

I can get one seat in Sect. 206.

20. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    Thanks for the encouraging words. Stupid thing is still not getting me more than 1 ticket available no matter what I try. But I'll keep trying with any and all options. If I could I'd just buy 2 single tickets separately but according to the e-mail it will only let me use the password for one order...damn my meeting all to hell.

If this doesn't work for me...anyone interested in a double room at the Days Inn Columbus Fairgrounds?

21. GoodForUS

GoodForUS Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Pennsyl-tucky
    Damn that's me too. I haven't used my password but I can never get more than one ticket.

Can anyone verify if it's true that a password will only work for one order? If I can I'll do 2 single ticket orders but I don't wanna be stuck with just a singleton.

22. scurley

scurley New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    Tucson
    Maybe not any more... that is where I just got my one seat. At least it gets me into the game.

23. Daizygrl

Daizygrl New Member

Oct 30, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have a password still available. Buff-Do you need it?

24. soccerpops

soccerpops New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Metro DC
    That's not true. I purchased 5, 2, and 1 seat. The 2 and 1 seat combo are in the same row, so I'm hoping some folks will be kind and let us group together. The password limits you to 8 seats, but multiple buys.

PS - I can't say for sure, but often some seats are held back. It's a crapshoot, but some seats are held in reserve for VIPs that may want them. If a few weeks from now they don't want them, they'll be up for grabs. You just have to check back everyday, every hour, and hope you get lucky ..

25. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    i have a password.

US fans only. PM me.