9/12 Metro Vs DC Pre-Match Thread. "LET'S GET IT ON!"

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by GIO17, Sep 9, 2002.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Both DC & Metro have a game in hand on the rest of the MLS Playoff Table. Obviously we are playing each other. Never has there been a must win situation and a possible 3 Pts cushion against our Eastern Conference foes. This can big the one where Metro can put the kybosh on the DC Road schedule.

Metro can't get to cocky as we desperetly need these big 3 pts. Everyone has to pull together and they must produce a big bagel on the scoreboard once again for the scum.

LET'S GET IT ON! LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE! I WANT DC TO CRY ON THE PITCH AND TELL US WHO'S THERE DADDY!

Make sure to tell Ray Hudson that tee time is somewhere on the links in Virginia, not with his crumpets.

2. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This could go either way:
    - DC is down and out but decides to go all out and beats us by a goal
    - We open up a can of whoop a$$ and win 4-0 to finish them off

Remember a few years back (97/98?) where we beat DC in a meaningless game in DC? We were done and they were going to the playoffs? I think we won 3-1?

3. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    With all the heartache the metros have given at home this year... I know for myself that a win vs DC at home thursday will make a lot of pain disappear. I'm pulling for a romp... Metro 3 - DC 0

4. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    They lost Ryan Nelson for the season in their last game, so their defense will be weakened. As much as I'd love to see a romp, I'm sure it'll be another 1 goal game between these two teams.

JMac

5. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    METRO 4

screaming gallinas 0

6. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Met 2
    DCU 1

Faria and Diallo with goals in the 80th+ range to pull out a nerve wracker.

The ray hudson taunts will be numerous and well, unpolite. ESC will be loud. Drums will be kickin'. Chickens will go home crying in their tailgate purchased lite beer, feeling plucked.

7. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Bump. Why? Because I hate D.C.

8. MetroZebra

MetroZebra New Member

May 24, 2002
    I would love to see Metros win big, but we have serious issues at home. Inconsistency has been the name of the game for the Metros this season so why would anything change now. Expect a sloppy game with mental break downs on both sides to end in a 2-2 draw. Just my prediction.

9. jmh30

jmh30 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC sucks.

Metro 3 (Mathis 2, Ramos)
    DC 1 (What the hell, Zambrano)

10. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    The Washington Post reported today that Jaime Moreno is done for the season. Lassiter is taking Moreno's spot on the travel roster.

JMac

11. Trayster

Trayster New Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Palm Coast, Florida
    The trend seems to be as long as Mathis scores, they win so here's hoping!

12. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    1-0 to the Metros in another dull badly played match . But there is no such thing as a bad win ;)

13. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wrote a little poem for all our DC guests.

This little DC piggy came to the Swamp,
    And that fat one should have stayed home,
    And Metros scored four goals
    And the DC scum scored none
    And all those DC supporters ..... they cried all the f-in way home!

Up the Metros!!!!!!!!!!

14. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

I think Supermetros spelled sideways is Maya Angelou. :)

Seriously though, without Moreno, Quaranta, or Nelson, they will be hurting big time. There is no excuse not to win this game and win it big. If we lose, it'll be because we played poorly/were coached poorly.

JMac

15. TheFallen29

TheFallen29 New Member

Nov 25, 2001
    New York City
    The second seed is still a possibility, we're coming off a nice win against Dallas, and United very much resembles the sick wildebeast of MLS.

In other words, even we can't screw this up.

Metros 3-0 Scum

16. DJNaco

DJNaco New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    North Florida
    When was the last time we played well and lost?

17. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I can't sleep now. I know the match will be with in 24 hours, I want to see our boys pound them to the ground and kick Rimando into the net with the ball. Diallo, Faria, Clint will get goals. I think they should set up Tab for a goal just once so he can score one for memory.

Please tell every NYPD & FDNY Station about the match tomorrow. More support, the better.

18. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I would expect a big crowd for this one -- the kind of matchup that's a NY natural: worst home team vs. the worst road team in the worst possible venue for both. Battle of the Pigs -- could be a stinking slaughterhouse in the Swamp tonight.

With decent advertising we might have seen 30k on a Thurs. night. Not that we will, but it could have been fun -- a rowdy time at the last home game of the season.

Dazzle 'em, Tab. Let's see some magic tonight. And remember -- if Clint scores, we win. That's been the only thing consistent all year.

19. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Per soccer america, DC is officially out of the playoffs with a tie or loss. Let's send em home for the season. Why? Because we hate dc.

20. Gamblor

Gamblor New Member

May 17, 1999
    Amen. That would be the first positive accomplishment of the season for us.

21. 1-0 DC at halftime. Is this game ugly or what. The passing has been horrible and the field is worse.