9/11 Redux

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have a very valid point, but it's a little far-fetched to equate Aniie Coulter, a highly regarded Constitutional Attorney, with Michael Moore, who didn't graduate from High School.

However one might view their respective political positions, Coulter makes interpretations that are debatable, even wrong. Moore simply makes up stuff and pretends it's true.

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fair enough, but just to play devils advocate Moore, even though he didn't graduate High School has shown to be a master of self promotion and that takes some smarts. That said, he will be here in Indianapolis at Butler University giving a FREE lecture and I still won't be going. I just don't want to see someone just go on stage and call people names for 90 minutes. It's just not my thing.

That's also my problem with Ann. I'm sure she's intelligent and probably has a lot to say, and some of it is correct. But when she resorts to calling people dimwits, morons, and halfwits all within the first 30 pages or so of her books (not to mention her public speaking engagements which I stop to watch on CSPAN for some reason) it's hard to take her seriously.

There are those out there like Andrew Sullivan whom I respect a ton though I don't agree with all of his views, same with Joshua Micah Mashall. These people aren't as concerned about being talking heads and furthering their names as much as they are in having actual discourse, and thats where you will find the real debate. Granted it will be slanted a bit towards their personal beliefs, but you rarely see them getting into name calling fiascos like some of the other clowns.

3. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    find a forum worthy of your political genius. its obvious that no one here can match your wit.

a debate cannot be held when one party believes that their opinion is the only right answer and are unwilling to listen to or accept any alternatives as having any merit whatsoever.

michael moore, champion of the people, living in a 1.3 million dollar penthouse...

signed,

anyone

4. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    Propaganda is ... the deliberate attempt by some individual or group to form, control, or alter the attitudes of other groups by the use of instruments of communication, with the intention that in any given situation the reaction of those so influenced will be that desired by the propagandist.
    Qualter (1962) in Taylor (1979)

who needs an original thought when you have Yahoo!. the real bill archer called and wants his name back. you're embarrasing the gentleman from texas...

5. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO

and you sir are an embarrising old man with access to information that you never knew but dredged up to make yourself look smart (or maybe your...nahhhhh) This thread started with a great post and people like you turn it into crap. If you don't like America that much I am sure you and that idiot Moore can find a nice country like Libya to live in.

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, I wish I knew what thie propagande tirade is about.

Anyways, hang:

Look, Annie is sometimes hard to swallow. She has a take-no-prisoners approach that scares even her best freinds.

And she took a bad hit for the column on 9/12 that she never should have written.

But Michael Moore is an embarassment to the human race.

7. kaiserwilhelm

kaiserwilhelm New Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Oklahoma
    See Bill, if you post long diatribes of complete crap you can keep other more pertanent posts from showing up. Page 3 of this forum was completely forgotten because of his huge explanation of propaganda. Then, he gets even worse and tells us that we must agree to agree with him on Something or we are not having a true debate. Get real! There are absolute truths in life. If he told me the moon was made of blue cheese and then backed it up with internet facts from such idiots as Moore, should I have to agree with him on anything other than Moore is an idiot?
    That is not a debate. That is some liberal version where we all have to agree in advance that everything is on the table.

8. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    The turbo-encabulator in industry.

For a number of years now, work has been proceeding to bring perfection to the crudely conceived idea of a machine that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such a machine is the "turbo-encabulator." Basically, the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the medial interaction of magneto-reluctance and capacitive directance.

The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzelvanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbline was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-0-delta type placed in panendermic semiboiloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremie pipe to the differential gridlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

Forty-one manestically spaced grouting brushes were arranged to feed into the rotor slipstream a mixture of high S-value phenylhydrobenzamine and 5% remanative tetryliodohexamine. Both of these liquids have specific pericosities given by P=2.5C.nexp6.7 where n is the diathetical evolute of retrograde temperature phase disposition and C is Chlomondeley's annular grillage coefficient. Initially, n was measured with the aid of metaploar refractive pilfrometer (for a description of this ingenious instrument, see Reference 1), but up to the present, nothing has been found to equal the transcendental hopper dadoscope (2).

Electrical engineers will appreciate the difficulty of nubing together a regurgitative purwell and a supramitive wennelsprock. Indeed, this proved to be a stumbling block to further development until, in 1942, it was found that the use of anhydrous nangling pins enabled a kryptonastic boiling shim to the tankered.

The early attempts to construct a sufficiently robust spiral decommutator failed largely because of a lack of appreciation of the large quasi-piestic stresses in the gremlin studs; the latter were specially designed to hold the roffit bars to the spamshaft. When, however, it was discovered that wending could be prevented by a simple addition to the living sockets, almost perfect running was secured.

The operating point is maintained as near as possible to the h.f. rem peak by constantly fromaging the bitumogenous spandrels. This is a distinct advance on the standard nivel-sheave in that no dramcock oil is required after the phase detractors have been remissed.

Undoubtedly, the turbo-encabulator has now reached a very high level of technical development. It has been successfully used for operating nofer trunnions. In addition, whenever a barescent skor motion is required, it may be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocating dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

For more then 50 years the Arthur D. Little Industrial Bulletin has endeavored to interpret scientific information in terms that he lay person could understand. "The turbo-encabulator in industry" is the contribution of J.H. Quick, graduate member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers in London, England, and was, first published in the Institution's Students' Quarterly Journal in December 1944.

http://www.nelp.navy.mil/turboencabulator.htm

9. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO

10. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    In his "A Preface to Democratic Theory", Dahl states that "tyrrany is every severe deprivation of a natural right." His hypothesis states that "if unrestrained by external checks, any given individual or group of individuals will tyrannize over others." He hypothesizes that "the accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary in the same hands implies the elimination of external checks." He then proceeds to deduce that "the elimination of external checks produces tyrrany (Hypothesis 1). Therefore the accumulation of all power in the same hands applies tyranny."

discuss...

11. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    That's racist

12. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The Industrial Revolution was neither Industrial nor a Revolution"

Discuss.

It would at least divert attention from melloyello embarassing himself.

13. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    that is an excerpt from an online journal a friend of mine in the us army stationed in korea keeps for us to follow what is going on in her life. i was fortunate to spend the weekend with her and her boyfriend, also in the army stationed in korea, and actually have debate on 9/11 and the current military actions the united states is involved in. they were very receptive to everyones opinion and there's would probably shock you. you embarrass yourself everyday on this board bill. i'll stop embarassing myself now as it has become too easy to egg you and your cronies on.
    thank you, goodnight.

14. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Awwwww, Mello said goodnight and went to bed...at 12:55pm! The funny thing is how he never really responded in discussion to what people said, just cut and pasted things he found on google. Golly I'll miss him! Bill, it's too bad a great thread got ruined by such asinine crap. But they did it to my 9/11 thread about soccer related stories on that day. Ahhhhh, the cream of the human race! ;)

15. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    [​IMG]

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    au contraire, Pierre; I think my responses in this Bill Archer thread have been marked by a signal refusal to be "egged on" by you.

You, on the other hand, Bill Archer, seem to be unable to write ten words without writing my name Bil Archer into your verbiage.

I have to admit though - seldom has anybody tried so hard, Bill Archer, to provoke a response from me, Bill Archer, as you have done today.

Pity you didn't seem to have much to say, Bill Archer, except some stuff about a Nazi "erotica ray", an endless diatribe attacking British War Memorials and a big finale wherein you describe actually having a couple freinds that talk to you and stuff. Bill Archer.

I can only say they must have an incredible tolerance for boredom and incoherance.

17. billf

billf Member+

May 22, 2001
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are you suggesting that 19 thugs hijacking and crashing planes into buildings killing about 3,000 people for no reason is a "check"? I honestly can't figure out why someone would take issue and bastardize a thread that had a goal of remembering a vicious event in our recent history.

Perhaps for those that live farther away from NY and Washington, the full weight of what happened two years ago was never felt and the emotion faded much faster. I had dear close friends in Manhattan on 9/11 and I have a brother in the US Marines, so this is something that is very real to me. This is not an abstract theroy about power or propoganda.

To simply ignore, belittle, and make light of this attack is not enlightened nor is it productive. It mocks the suffering millions of people experienced from that day to now. It's one thing to take issue with and debate our government's response to what happened two years ago. It is another all together to dismiss what happened to our country two years ago and pretend it didn't happen. If it were you or someone close to you on one of those planes or in one of the three buildings hit that day it would be impossible to be dismissive and unmoved by remembering where you were and what happened that day.

What does this have to do with soccer? Well, a lot for me. A week before 9/11 I sat in RFK stadium watching the US lose to Honduras. That was a tough day as a US soccer fan. After 9/11, it didn't matter. That's just a game.

You don't know what is going to happen when you wake up in the morning. Any one of us could have been a target that day and that threat remains today. We can argue about the hows and the whys, but that does not change what happened nor should it tarnish the memory of that day, the people who lost their lives, and the people who risked everything to help.

18. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Previously:

A tad contradictory, in my humble opinion. Let's take Bill Archer's opinion and call it propaganda although it seems to not match the definition previously posted. You need to keep your story straight when you argue your point.

19. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which opinion would you be referring to?

The one where we ought not to work so hard at forgetting that some savages flew planes into some big buildings and killed a lot of people?

I suppose that bastard FDR should have been excoriated for mentioning Pearl Harbor every so often. And that damned Lincoln, with his whining about Fort Sumter.

Really gauche.

In any case, I fail to see how showing a photograph of an ACTUAL EVENT qualifies as an "opinion"

See, here's a photo:

[​IMG]

It expresses no point of view. It simply says what it says, and is incapable of distorting the truth or spinning the facts.

It just is.

20. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Amen.

21. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its kind of odd because I took a friend from Boston to the game. He drove down to DC with another friend and it was the first time he had ever seen both the WTC and the Pentagon --- 10 days later, its hard to imagine.

Also, that game was the worst nats experience I have ever had. 30,000 Hondurans surrounding you as you come out of the subway tunnel is not a sight I like to see. However, as you so eloquently put it --- it is just a game.